Things Learned From Conqueroring Seasons

General Discussion
tl;dr:
1) Stash space is overrated.
2) Sets are vastly OP.
3) D3 is a forced online single player game.
4) Set dungeons ... just why?
5) Casuals, they whine over anything.

Stash Space
While the journey to conqueror was admittedly fun, it was a 25hr grind towards one objective: a single stash tab. I'm not sure what I expected that stash tab to feel like but I definitively feel that the portrait frame was the better reward. For me, that stash tab would have been better gated behind a $5.00 micro-transaction because I don't feel that seasons should give players a distinct advantage (being non-forced and all that other propaganda Blizzard revised). Pets, transmogs, banners, portraits, and the likes are all fitting rewards for seasons because they actively show that something was accomplished, all that stash tab does is remind me that the casuals' whinings got heard and something that shouldn't have been done (for stated tech and infrastructure reasons) was done and implemented in a way that casuals simply can't or won't do.

Sets
Ok, I'm lazy. My conquests were Avarice and The Thrill.
Avarice: roll some gold find (about 105%) and troll about tx rifts until you find a gilded baron. One shot that baron, ???, profit. That is literally all that is required, there are alternate routes but they require BotH and actual gold oriented gear.
The Thrill: This conquest was a welcome challenge and it also put into stark contrast set bonuses. gr45 is a cakewalk with any decently rolled set, without that set you're looking at a 10 minute long clear to get to the RG. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aesith-1969/hero/51674087 was what I did it with (missing are Nemesis Bracers and a Halo of Arlyse with the gems BotT/BotS). If I had full ancient gear and 70+ gems I could see that build maxing at gr55 while sets max at ... what's current solo wizard, gr94? Set's need toned down or legendaries need to be, well, legendary.

Single Player
At no point did the journey require me to interact with any other players, or even join a pub game for that matter. I can't fathom the reasoning for this with Diablo being online only and with groups having such distinct advantages over solo play, why doesn't at least one chapter focus on group play? The journey does nothing to show a new player how group etiquette works or what to expect from public games, I also don't think it made mention of the paragon restrictions on t7+ public games. Could have been better done imo.

Set Dungeons
My gifted Firebird's Finery set dungeon was a nightmare: it took a dozen tries just complete it and still is not mastered because I haven't mustered the willpower to go back to being tortured with such requirements as:

Don't get one-shot but be able to readily die
Get meteor damage even though your FB build will never use it
Cold immunity ammy: get you one
[Add in actual dungeon objectives here]

Firebird's was not my mastered set dungeon, that honor went to the Tal Rasha set and its dungeon which almost mastered on the first run and mastered on the second run (rockworms).
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aesith-1969/hero/36387408 <- TR dungeon build btw. The point here is that there exists massive disparity between the difficulty of set dungeons, a disparity that I'm sure is not only for wizard sets. I expect either Firebird to be faceroll easy, TR to be a hellish mangle of required gear, or both to be in a middle ground between the two.

Casuals
By no means am I some elite godsend of a wizard or demon hunter but I also have far too much game time to be casual. When s5 launched I groaned at the requirements for the stash tab, so much to the point that I was intent on not getting it. In retrospect, 90% of the journey to Conqueror is done by simply working to gr60 solos (an unspoken requirement for tx public games). It is quite literally a 25hr long journey, I could buy a new account on April 13 and have Conqueror on it by season end.

In summary there's not much left to say, stash tabs require a commitment of 25 hours over the course of 3 months, that's 12 minutes of play time every day, if you can't do that then ... I honestly don't know what can be said about you. Do I look forward to Conqueror in s6? Not really, there's nothing to it except a minimal time obligation from me. Will I enjoy my newfound stash space? Yeah, sure, I'll toss my LoN DH and Wiz builds in there.
I think your miles will vary. Just because you got it in 25 hrs doesn't mean casuals will.
I like your whiny post about whiners
As a casual player, myself, it might be worth adding to this conversation that it took me over 50 hours of dedicated Seasonal game-play in order to unlock my extra stash tab. Also, there was no way I could have complete the prerequisites of my Seasonal Journey without the help of Public Games, because I couldn't complete a Rift on Torment 10 in under three minutes, or upgrade three gems to level 55, on my own.
Good summation. I agree, an additional stash tab is really not worth the time it takes to get it. When I realized that the only thing driving me to play on was the stash tab and also recognizing that it would hardly put in a dent in my stash needs, I just pushed slowly away from my keyboard.

It's one thing to play because you're enjoying it and you see the goals as worthwhile. It's another to play obsessively for something you've been told you should want that actually has little to no value to you.

I might have a different view of it if Blizz had been upfront about why the stash tab was gated. But they weren't. They let the community thrash about like a dying fish on the dock before allowing the truth to leak out: We can't give everyone stash and we want you to play seasons, so this is the great idea we came up with. My reaction: I hate being played.

On the Single Player front, the devs have made it quite clear that they consider D3 a "multiplayer" game. That there's actually no support for it other than co-op mode doesn't seem to really register with them. They continue to do what Blizz has done for more than a decade, reward the "challenge" of "group" play vastly more than solo play, thus completely unbalancing the game in both rewards and classes.

None of this seems to matter. Particularly not anything posted here. I've come to view the forums as the communication device of prisoners, it only comforts the inmates in a situation they can't escape and are powerless to change.

I've come to recognize D3 for what it is: A game geared towards streamers and people who like to watch games streamed and then gossip about everyone involved.
04/03/2016 09:59 AMPosted by HelloKitty
As a casual player, myself, it might be worth adding to this conversation that it took me over 50 hours of dedicated Seasonal game-play in order to unlock my extra stash tab. Also, there was no way I could have complete the prerequisites of my Seasonal Journey without the help of Public Games, because I couldn't complete a Rift on Torment 10 in under three minutes, or upgrade three gems to level 55, on my own.

This is were bad players get confused with casual players.
04/03/2016 09:51 AMPosted by Twosaints
I like your whiny post about whiners

I like your constructive comment that adds nothing here, I also like how you whine over me whining about whining (and getting upvoted for it).

04/03/2016 09:46 AMPosted by MerLock
I think your miles will vary. Just because you got it in 25 hrs doesn't mean casuals will.

Probably, Whether it's 25 or 50 or even 100 hours, over 3 months it amounts to very little time.

I wholeheartedly agree with you Toots, however I like playing D3 just to kill !@#$. If I played it for more than just a mob killing sim ... I'd have a great many complaints.
Another crybaby
- this pet looks like plant
-decent Rose rings don't exist
04/03/2016 11:33 AMPosted by NightCrawler
Another crybaby

Because a summation of what I found to issues in this season is crying. I'm not even entirely sure what you think I'm "crying" about. Tell you what, why don't you regale me with all the "fun" you had in getting to conqueror, I'll be over here patiently waiting.
The amount of blatant toxicity and trolls on this forum is rather unbecoming of a triple A title.

04/03/2016 11:37 AMPosted by nojsuanmejt
- this pet looks like plant
-decent Rose rings don't exist

Don't insult my Groot. kek decent Roses, maybe if they'd dropped I'd get a decent one, until then I'm fine with poorly optimized BiS.
04/03/2016 09:37 AMPosted by Aesith
3) D3 is a forced online single player game.

You must be slow for realizing this. I learned it on day one when the game released.
5) Casuals, they whine over anything.

Huh? What a weird observation. Nobody who posts on this forum is a true casual. And your entire post is one big whine.
1) Stash space is overrated.

Disagree. Loving the extra tab, can't imagine coping without it, and will be in for another from minute one of season 6.
''Casuals whining about everything''. That's a funny one. It's the hardcores that have been whining since D3 beta!
04/03/2016 01:36 PMPosted by Warrior
''Casuals whining about everything''. That's a funny one. It's the hardcores that have been whining since D3 beta!

Maybe ROS beta...?

The original D3 was far closer to the actual loot hunt most people want. The biggest problem was legendarys were bad and did not offer unique abilities to support builds.

The problem is casuals cried so hard that they got INT gear as a barb. As if they expected to kill a champ pack, get a yellow that was fantastically rolled upgrade, each and every time. I assure you - anyone who would describe themselves as "hardcore" about D3 left ages ago, or has seriously tempered their playing time on D3.

There were a fair few glaring problems with the original D3, but the loot system (which could have used various improvements) was not one of them. Do not kid yourself if you think this game has been driven and guided by the hardcore player mentality. What you have now is 110% the product of casual anger. I really can't understand how anyone can think otherwise, unless they simply do not have the required knowledge to speak on the subject.

Now, even the loot grind from seasons is being slowly removed by the new bags you get. This is a LOOT GRIND game, please bring that back.
04/03/2016 01:36 PMPosted by Warrior
It's the hardcores that have been whining since D3 beta!

And that is totally understandable. This is what people wanted to see when D3 came out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEvThjiE038

Edit: I'm still hoping to see it some day :P