Torment levels should be increased? (Again?)

General Discussion
Am I the only one who has noticed that they initially increased the torment levels from 6 to 10 due to the fact that players need a bit more of a challenge but ow we face roll T10 faster then we did at T6 before the increase? Granted this is due to all the change in skills and sets... But now I just feel like T10 is so easy to face roll and it's so easy to get to with a fresh character. Players were paragon 500+ just a few days into the season. I remember when Paragon first came out... It was a GRIND. Even after they removed the level cap in 2.0 But now... I just think everything needs to slow down about 50%. lol
NO!

There is no end to that.. just Reset the powercreep back to Season1 and T6 will be just fine again.
Still better than not playable unless you pay real money in black market for gear like original diablo 3.
T7-10 werent introduced due to "providing challenge"
Cant see any justified argument against increasing torment, aside from " I don't want a challenge" and that argument is negated by the fact you cn play on whatever difficulty you choose.

So the only remaining argument left is "No, i don't want people to be able to accomplish more then me" and this ones not justified, its as entitled as it gets

Now there's a long list of arguments FOR it.. which are pretty damn obvious so I'm not even going to waste time typing them
I made the same topic few hours before and got -5, but almost all people wanted to get some challenge in normal rifts and only one was afraid cos "all public games are created on highest T" and he will be forced to play it.
We just need a reset on the powercreep.
I'm not sure anyone actually read my post. lol My argument is actually to NOT increase Torment level and reduce all this power creep and deflate the numbers that are so over inflated its ridiculous.
Maybe just a redesign in the Torment levels to make T10 hard.

But, hard for who? Paragon 500? 1000? 2000?

You can see when you select the Torment levels there is a spot for 11 or Insane, or inferno, or w/e.

I would love to see how my characters now do on Inferno of old.
03/10/2016 03:26 AMPosted by tanthil
Cant see any justified argument against increasing torment

S5 people clearing T10 rifts in 2 min or less, next season they will clear T20 the same way, and season after that T30...

That is more than enough of an argument.

Of course, if you leave the torments unchanged without a nerf to the current items, then there won't be any point to it. But that is for a different discussion.
I am opposed to the direction the Developers are taking this game, and have been for some time, but in the game's present state, there is no valid argument against adding more Torment levels. Greater Rifts already facilitate a difficulty above Torment 10, but without Rift Stones, a player doesn't have access to these. Greater Rifts are necessary for leveling-up after Paragon level 500, otherwise it's a slow grind on Torment 10. If it wasn't for Rift Stones, Rifts would be redundant, and so to would the game's difficulty level. But like I said, the fundamental problems with this game will remain the same, so there's no point having this discussion.
I don't understand why highest Torment (10) can be done easily where in any other game highest difficulty is max you can squeze from your class/build...and yet ppl do speed runs on T10 - weird.

Is it so hard to check highest stats for each gear *13 items +main stat (gem lvl 50-100) and do some testing based on that. This is how T10 should look like -best gear you could possible get in a set.

Highest Torment should not have speed runs even if you have P800.
03/20/2016 09:55 AMPosted by Lizzard
I don't understand why highest Torment (10) can be done easily where in any other game highest difficulty is max you can squeze from your class/build...and yet ppl do speed runs on T10 - weird.

Is it so hard to check highest stats for each gear *13 items +main stat (gem lvl 50-100) and do some testing based on that. This is how T10 should look like -best gear you could possible get in a set.

Highest Torment should not have speed runs even if you have P800.

torment 10 is not the highest difficulty... GR X is the highest difficulty.

if they just keep adding new torment levels every time there is a patch, we would end up with T50 in no time...
the only solution would be to have a dynamic difficulty system like "set difficulty to GR X", but if you want that, then you can just do GRs...

Cant see any justified argument against increasing torment, aside from " I don't want a challenge" and that argument is negated by the fact you cn play on whatever difficulty you choose.

So the only remaining argument left is "No, i don't want people to be able to accomplish more then me" and this ones not justified, its as entitled as it gets

Now there's a long list of arguments FOR it.. which are pretty damn obvious so I'm not even going to waste time typing them

you already have your challenge in the form of GRs. bounties are not supposed to be the hardest content in the game, they're supposed to be a stepping stone for people to gear up and do GRs.

its like dungeons and raids in WoW... heroic dungeons are the highest difficulty of dungeons, but they are much easier than normal raids. if someone wants the "true challenging experience" in WoW, they should be playing raids, that is why they exist in the game... dungeons are merely a stepping stone for players to learn the basics of the game and gear-up...
its the same thing in D3 with TX and GRs... different pieces of content: one designed for medium level play, the other designed for hardcores.
Cant see any justified argument against increasing torment

S5 people clearing T10 rifts in 2 min or less.

that sounds like an argument for it.
As long as the stupid powercreep exists, this kind of topic will never die.
only logical reason i can see people being against this is......

If people arent completely facerolling max content.
It will be harder to find people willing to carry them endlessly through TX

Said it before, cant cater the game to those that want to be carried... those that dont want to play
03/09/2016 11:34 PMPosted by akse
NO!

There is no end to that.. just Reset the powercreep back to Season1 and T6 will be just fine again.

That's not going to happen. It would require more effort than Blizzard is willing to put in.

I want higher torment difficulties because I find most features like rifts, and act bounties more fun than timed greater rift grinding. Give us players who dislike greater rifts the ability to get more XP outside of mindlessly running greater rifts!
Power creep is inevitable as you get better gear. Adding more 'T' levels is only a temp fix. The only way to stop power creep is capping everything. That would be tantamount to going back to D3V,

If T10 is too easy, you have grifts. If you can do a gr 200. Then time for a new game with new challenges. I mean, really, D3 is almost 5 years old. It's probably time for D4. But only with a totally new dev team.
NO!

THIS

Adding more Torment levels wont solve a thing when the power creep is so disgustingly high anyways.

The game should be retitled: Rifting: How High Can You Go! everything else is just a spoof
03/20/2016 04:26 PMPosted by KiWeN
NO!

THIS

Adding more Torment levels wont solve a thing when the power creep is so disgustingly high anyways.

The game should be retitled: Rifting: How High Can You Go! everything else is just a spoof

They are going to keep increasing the power creep anyway so it makes no sense not to add additional torment levels. Not all of us care about greater rifts.