When are we going to get Torment 15?

General Discussion
So how much is enough? T20? T100? With GRs driving the game's power creep cycles, this only becomes a vicious circle, an uninspired one, at that. Instead of coming up with 9283457 new torment levels to echo the artificial difficulty scaling of GRs, they need to learn power creep doesn't do anything for the quality of the grind, even if it extends it indefinitely. You're essentially doing the same thing with bigger numbers, rendering the game into a series of lame gearchecks.

As long as these designers don't realize diversity is the key to an ARPGs longevity (more importantly, it's quality), this circle will continue.
What's the difference between t10 and GR's at the equivalent level? If you want more difficulty play a GR and just up the level. Legendaries drop frequently enough as is and gearing a character is even easier now with the cube. I don't have a problem with the system they have now. Idk what people are talking about with balancing the game when you can play a GR at a specific difficulty tailored to you.
04/01/2016 08:18 AMPosted by Oktober
One of these days they should just announce a squish. I'd hate for them to add yet more numbers to the torment system, but keeping 1-10 and having the "old" 10 be equivalent to 20 would be nice (old 3 = 6, 4 = 8. T5 = T10, so on).
This
Yeah its definitely a vicious cycle that needs to be dealt with in a different way than whats going on right now.

06/11/2016 07:06 PMPosted by AdB
What's the difference between t10 and GR's at the equivalent level? If you want more difficulty play a GR and just up the level. Legendaries drop frequently enough as is and gearing a character is even easier now with the cube. I don't have a problem with the system they have now. Idk what people are talking about with balancing the game when you can play a GR at a specific difficulty tailored to you.

Yeah man, I get why it doesn't at first glance seem like a big difference, but I just would rather do a regular with DBs, mats and items dropping. Also, the map pool. Greater rift maps are very frustrating and repetitive. They still spawn as annoying long corridors with horrible density and regulars are just more enjoyable to me. So, when it comes to doing a 45 or T10. I'm going to pick T10. They gotta do something for sure. The direction they've been going with this power creep every patch is the wrong direction.
I think a better idea would be to just reset the paragon levels and make it a much much steeper climb to earn them in the future, especially in group play.

I have builds I don't find T10 all that easy to play with. I would rather have fun than be forced into certain builds just to keep up.
04/01/2016 08:12 AMPosted by ArdorPraxis
Just curious... has anyone heard anything on higher levels of Torment being discussed lately?

Torment 10 is insanely easy now. Farming keys is so boring once you have a decent build. Even going up to 12 would be amazingly helpful... that would be about GR55, which is still very simple with a basic set these days.

So many builds can get up to GR70 without any problem now, so I wouldn't think it would be too much of a stretch to expand the Torment system up to that point, which would be Torment 15... a nice round number for both values.

If anyone has any links to a recent Blizz comment on raising the max Torment level, I would be very interested to see it.

I hope they never add it, actually i hope they remove all difficulties (for anyone that has the expansion) Instead the could remove Greater Rifts and make Rifts the new greaters with scaling tiers. Then when you make a game you can choose the rift tier and that will scale EVERYTHING not just the rift. Then make exp bonus caps exc. The leaderboards would add the paragon level next to the name instead of us checking it. Also then they could make it so it shows where you are compared to people near your paragon so you could see how effective you are against others with a familiar power level. Then split the search again based on sets (6 piece only, mabye 4 but then that is to much variation) as well and you can see how effective you are against people with YOUR build or something close to it. Then make all leg builds worthless and remove Lit because its lame as ^&$(. Sets should be the best items in the game like in D2.
06/11/2016 07:06 PMPosted by AdB

A few problems with that is A. Experience rate B. Builds being even.

A. Paragon gap contiunes to grow. I only play a few hours a week. When i started playing (when the game introduced paragon) i was on par with everyone. Now the gap is well over 2000 paragon levels which is 10000 main stat. Thats far from fair. B. I only use the Whirlwind build because ^&$* all the other builds ive always loved WW and its what I WANT TO PLAY. And because of it i cant exceed 65 at paragon 800. When a demon hunter i made with a !@#$ty build (no ancients and my WW is all ancients fully geared) can do 5 rifts higher without even trying. This is why i dont really play D3 anymore.
You all know, that icons and graphics up to T16 are datamined and expected for next patch or Expansion (if there will be one)?
Actually only T13 so far, and MANY people are complaining about it, i think torment is a really stupid idea.

06/18/2016 11:41 AMPosted by Friday
Honestly i think they should completely overhaul the difficulties. For RoS instead of doing difficulty brackets instead change rifts. Make it so when you start a game when you choose a difficulty (like normal) instead of this "Torment" Bull!@#$ use the Greater Rift concept and make a game at difficulty 60 (which would be the new T13). Just like greater rifts except you scale EVERYTHING but greater rifts. This allows all solo players any diversity they want. Also it allows you to play a more specific difficulty that FITS your strength and play style, yes i know this could split the players even more, But the thing about that is that most people don't even group anymore unless its a Greater rift, or bounties and with the current game brackets it seems lost already enough as is *You could add a search mechanism to see what "Tiers" have the most, group play games, as well as the most people in them. Solo play should also be included in these brackets regardless of it it's only solo.

Rifts are always just rushed. Honestly i think instead of Rifts we just use Greater rifts with no timers. If you die ~3-6 times (up to blizzard) the rift ends (based on the concept of the current death system in G-rifts) Have the standard rift boss at the end, champions elites exc. The concept of using time as a deterrent (except in extreme measures (a rift should be capped at ~1-2 hours) in a rift is really lame. Honestly i think they should base it on durability and damage (mostly durability) Durability would affect if you can actually do the rift, damage would be how fast you do it and how fast you level up, builds could easily be created for both. You can still have leaderboards, no bull%^-*. Also on a quick note, add paragon levels next to the names of players on the leaderboards (example rank / BattleTag / Paragon / Tier / Time Spent / Date Completed. For in game you only need rank, battle tag, paragon, and tier) Then add a option to check where you are, with sets used (6 piece only) and then you can check up where you are compared to others with the same paragon level AND build. This would be a nice thing to add.

Edit: Also before i forget for the new G-rift concept i just stated above for group play it can easly be made much more difficult or.... more intriguing you could either do 3-6 deaths Total for the whole group (or do 12 for the whole group (add all of them up based on # of players), or you can do 3-6 per player and if they die lock them out of the rift. There are many different ways this could be sculpted into. It will only be a masterpiece if blizzard can cut it right.