Stash Space - time to release all 10 tabs.

Items and Crafting
I posted this in PTR. It was promptly deleted.

Locking the 4 tabs at this point I think is an added barrier to players which is a hindrance and an annoyance more than what it serves.

If you want to lock players into seasons, just have difficult and cool skins to get. It will cause people to play seasons.

If you want to decrease the server load of all that space, then archive the players who haven't logged in over 1 year and have a process where they can email to unarchive the account.

(thanks for DTMace for correcting my error)
Technically, they have only gated 4 tabs, not 10.

And by now many dedicated players have unlocked one. I feel embarrassed to say that I have yet to manage that part myself.

Still.

As we all know, it was in many player's opinion that this seasonal gated idea for the tab was ridiculous. Maybe they are tired of being reminded of it. Too bad I say. It's still ridiculous. lol

Game on.
03/09/2016 07:59 PMPosted by DTMAce
Technically, they have only gated 4 tabs, not 10.

And by now many dedicated players have unlocked one. I feel embarrassed to say that I have yet to manage that part myself.

Still.

As we all know, it was in many player's opinion that this seasonal gated idea for the tab was ridiculous. Maybe they are tired of being reminded of it. Too bad I say. It's still ridiculous. lol

Game on.

This is only true for the USA server. The China version lets you buy them, and the consoles were given the same amount of stash space to them as extra spaces equivalent to 10 full tabs. The only ones getting shafted are PC players who play on the USA server. Sounds like Americas trade deals... We're always getting shafted.
I had to get the extra tab so I played season. As I expected, it was the worst experience ever, especially the set dungeon achievement and grift 45 solo with no sets. As soon as I got the tab I stopped playing season, so it was about 2 week push.

However, now that I got the tab it is still not enough to store all the items which came out in 2.4. Meta is moving all the time, we need all sets, we need more mats, we need different versions of the same items.... 10 tabs are not enough. We need something in the line of 20-30 and they should make this available for purchase with real money, like right now.... today.
Miki, we really do need all 10 tabs now. 3 tabs would be enough to decompress 2 mules completely and a little left over.

If you play both season and nonseason, this effectively frees up 4 to 5 character slots, which would be great.
Yes please on ten tabs.
its simple, devs dont want everyone to get the extra tabs, I find no other explanation as to why gate them behind seasons, I think the cosmetic stuff should be more than enough reward. I truly hope this desicion is due to technical limitations and not sheer stubbornes of a certain dev that no so long ago stated that if they gave us more stash we would keep asking for more....
no
work for the tabs or wait untill the new expantion comes
03/10/2016 02:34 AMPosted by Mokum
no

No.

Many of us opted to walk away instead.

We are not going to "work" for quality of life improvements. It's ignorant and shows how little thought was put into this game during development. I already have a job I work at. You and others can choose to hit the button to get your little food pellets all you want. The rest of us will choose with our wallets and not buy any more products from this company.

They had to put out an expansion to fix the game and will have to do it yet again to fix their endless power creep infinite scaling. Not to mention game UI that predates 1996 technology.

Always chasing after their poor decisions.
Could you imagine the uproar if they charged for stash tabs? That's why we'll never have that.
no

We need more tabs now...like RIGHT NOW

Blizz logic 1 TAB PER SEASON...

.........thats like going to the bank and saying I need a loan but they can only give me 5% of what I need every 3 months....sure I'll eventually get the loan....but by then I'll probably not need the money....and Ill probably be sick of Diablo 3.
03/10/2016 03:44 AMPosted by MASKOAA
We need more tabs now...like RIGHT NOW

Blizz logic 1 TAB PER SEASON...

.........thats like going to the bank and saying I need a loan but they can only give me 5% of what I need every 3 months....sure I'll eventually get the loan....but by then I'll probably not need the money....and Ill probably be sick of Diablo 3.

Check out my suggestion in items about salvaging ancients.. it might be a quick fix to the problem.
It's always sad when you gotta delete characters just to make space.

no

Who said anything about not working for them? The point is you can't. I wouldn't mind working towards some achievements or whatever in order to unlock that much needed extra space. They should've known this problem would be exacerbated with the implementation of set dungeons and LoN. Not like I'm surprised by their glaring lack of foresight, though.
03/10/2016 03:44 AMPosted by MASKOAA

lol, so true.

Something so simple as to give us decent stash space and cant even handle it....

I lost hope on blizz fixing the problem and had to fix it myself, I just keep my DHs and deleted all other classes that I had, each class had all sets items etc etc, but it got beyond ridiculous, I didnt want to play the tetris stash game in inferno difficulty once seasons ended so I had to pull the trigger! I do miss my wizard barb etc etc but the stash was driving me nuts!

got to say if you only play 1 class, stash is space is quite decent
no

And by work for the tabs you mean buy them with gold like I did for the first 6?
There was a D3 podcast a while back where they got Wyatt Cheng to talk about the stash space problem:

http://traffic.libsyn.com/kullstorybro/Kulle_Story_Bro_-_A_Diablo_3_Podcast_Episode_44.mp3

At around 55 minutes.

...what I am about say next I can't go into a lot of detail on but I can say that there are behind the scenes "issues" with giving away lots and lots stash tabs. So we had an internal target that we cannot give stash tabs to everybody. That was just the reality, it's like not even a design decision.

So now as a designer, it's like okay you can give out an extra stash tab but you cannot give it to everybody. And it became kind of a no-brainer to say well we've been wanting to incentivize season play, we really wanted to incentivize season play anyways and the season journey gives us a nice way that you can't just have someone power level you for 20 minutes and you get the tab if it were set that low. So we were able to, kind of, put the stash tab at a nice incentive point so people would play the season but also get pretty close to how many tabs we actually wanted to give out.

If Wyatt Cheng is to be believed, the problem lies with the "behind-the-scenes issues" and not necessarily with the designers.

Put simply, we just can't have nice things regardless.
As I said in the previous, deleted post on PTR.... I don't NEED the tabs. I have all 7 right now and 3 are completely empty. I'm not quite the hoarder some of you are. :) Then again, I pretty much stick to Demon Hunter, and I have one for each armor set, so...

That said, I'm all for getting the rest of the stash tabs. Can NEVER have enough storage space.
+1
...what I am about say next I can't go into a lot of detail on but I can say that there are behind the scenes "issues" with giving away lots and lots stash tabs. So we had an internal target that we cannot give stash tabs to everybody. That was just the reality, it's like not even a design decision.

So now as a designer, it's like okay you can give out an extra stash tab but you cannot give it to everybody. And it became kind of a no-brainer to say well we've been wanting to incentivize season play, we really wanted to incentivize season play anyways and the season journey gives us a nice way that you can't just have someone power level you for 20 minutes and you get the tab if it were set that low. So we were able to, kind of, put the stash tab at a nice incentive point so people would play the season but also get pretty close to how many tabs we actually wanted to give out.

I don't think anyone would disagree that it'd be totally fine for you to limit availability.

However, FORCING NON SEASON PLAYERS TO PLAY SEASON, - that is the one thing they really should've chosen not to go through with. We thoroughly reported back on this, thread after thread, topic after topic, comment after comment, for weeks and months, we were very clear about why exactly this wasn't cool, and still they went through with it. And it's still not cool, not at all. I'm in fact still angry about it.

They could've chosen to instead throw us 100 challenges and make it a really difficult task some other way, and not gate the eligibility for those much longed for stash tabs through season participation. They even said that they've "followed these discussions closely" and they went through with it anyway in the end.

There is no good reason whatsoever to gate the eligibility for those stash tabs behind season participation. There are plenty of incentives to play seasons already, and those who prefer seasons will play seasons regardless of rewards.

The only reason why they did it this way is that it was much easier to go through with than anything else, because the conquests were already there and now all they had to do was add a flag in the coding to open up for purchasing another tab after completing X amount of season conquests. Really, this is exactly what happened. They opted for a quick fix rather than figuring out a way to include everyone.
03/10/2016 04:29 AMPosted by bjornh
However, FORCING NON SEASON PLAYERS TO PLAY SEASON, - that is the one thing they really should've chosen not to go through with

They wanted to force people to play season because that's what they want everyone to be playing. NS is basically legacy at this point. Check out this post: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20742814140 and check out Hypersonic's post a few posts above me to see the quote that confirms they want people playing season. Whether it's right or wrong doesn't really matter, it's what Blizzard wants.

They'd remove NS entirely if they could. I personally think it's because the game has nothing to do at high levels, so people will eventually get bored and quit if they play non-season.
the designer did not play the game actually (i dont see they do play with many mistakes), they wont understand why we need stash.