Am I doing something wrong (paragon leveling)?

General Discussion
I see a lot of seasonal characters at 700+ and read that 500 is like a joke to get. Im 670 and felt like I put so much time and effort into it. Do people just get carried into GR 90+? Whats the average amount of time it takes to get to say, 800, from where im at now? I play about 2 hours a day which gets me +5 levels (thats if I find good players). I dont know if thats good or not. I'm not complaining that it takes long. I'm just confused on whether or not this grind is normal, cause like I said, people make it seem that getting 700 is like a joke.

I joined a community and asked to get carried into GR 80, and I got kicked. Again, I dont know if thats normal. I thought communities were meant to help others, and do this kind of stuff.
Add me I'll help you out Evil#1713 I do 80s all the time
Grifting for xp isn't about getting carried, it's about being part of a team.

Fortunately/unfortunately, the best teams are formed in a specific composition, which, if you aren't running a hero/build that fits, won't work, and the team won't succeed.

This may be the reason you got kicked.
03/18/2016 10:24 PMPosted by jonathan4210
I see a lot of seasonal characters at 700+ and read that 500 is like a joke to get. Im 670 and felt like I put so much time and effort into it. Do people just get carried into GR 90+? Whats the average amount of time it takes to get to say, 800, from where im at now? I play about 2 hours a day which gets me +5 levels (thats if I find good players). I dont know if thats good or not. I'm not complaining that it takes long. I'm just confused on whether or not this grind is normal, cause like I said, people make it seem that getting 700 is like a joke.

I joined a community and asked to get carried into GR 80, and I got kicked. Again, I dont know if thats normal. I thought communities were meant to help others, and do this kind of stuff.

Keep in mind we are in the 5th Season now, so players have had many previous Seasons to create Clans or Friends Lists full of players that know EXACTLY how to best grind XP.

Unfortunately for you it doesn't sound like you've gotten a group together yet and that puts you at a huge disadvantage over those that have skilled groups that know how to efficiently farm gear and XP. For example, Streamers with their following of players were able to get 700-800 Paragon within a matter of days due to their quality groups and of course putting in some serious play time.

If you're just playing casually and grouping with randoms mostly, then yeah, don't expect to get anywhere near they levels that the serious players trying to place on the leader-board are.
03/18/2016 11:06 PMPosted by Evil

Thanks, I'll do so. I cant be on today. Can you tell me when you will be on tomorrow, if you can that is?

03/19/2016 03:25 AMPosted by JoeTahkoez

Keep in mind we are in the 5th Season now, so players have had many previous Seasons to create Clans or Friends Lists full of players that know EXACTLY how to best grind XP.

Unfortunately for you it doesn't sound like you've gotten a group together yet and that puts you at a huge disadvantage over those that have skilled groups that know how to efficiently farm gear and XP. For example, Streamers with their following of players were able to get 700-800 Paragon within a matter of days due to their quality groups and of course putting in some serious play time.

If you're just playing casually and grouping with randoms mostly, then yeah, don't expect to get anywhere near they levels that the serious players trying to place on the leader-board are.

So even with a dedicated group, it still takes time, right? As in, playing 12 hours a day, 7 days a week almost? Again, I dont mind if it takes long. It will bother me if someone reaches my paragon level and took like half the time to do it.
03/19/2016 06:53 AMPosted by jonathan4210
03/18/2016 11:06 PMPosted by Evil

Thanks, I'll do so. I cant be on today. Can you tell me when you will be on tomorrow, if you can that is?

03/19/2016 03:25 AMPosted by JoeTahkoez

So even with a dedicated group, it still takes time, right? As in, playing 12 hours a day, 7 days a week almost? Again, I dont mind if it takes long. It will bother me if someone reaches my paragon level and took like half the time to do it.

Then you should be bothered, because it used to take MONTHS to get your Paragon level, and now it's possible in less than a week.
03/19/2016 08:51 AMPosted by Orrion
03/19/2016 06:53 AMPosted by jonathan4210

Then you should be bothered, because it used to take MONTHS to get your Paragon level, and now it's possible in less than a week.

Nah, I'm more like referring to the same time frame. Like now, if people play the same amount of time as me, with same paragon, yet level up a lot faster. It feels like I'm not doing something right, and just wasting my time.
Aside from having a solid group you need to effectively use speed farming builds for your bounties and key farming as well. Most people who are at least somewhat serious even level an extra toon or two so that you don't have to swap gear. If you are soloing bounties then you are taking 5-10x as long to do them as split farming. If you aren't using an optimized (in your case probably Reakor) key/DB farming build you are talking at least 2x longer. So it's the combination of fast farming all three elements to put you in position to level extremely quickly.

Communities aren't there to grind your paragon for you. Read the forums and do your research. You should have known by now what class and build is being utilized for most 4 man Greater Rift compositions for the best possible XP.
I'm a solo player(DH) who never invested time in any season until this one for the stash tab and knew without playing a barb/monk/wd/wizard that I would never get my gems leveled higher than my best solo GRift level.
03/19/2016 11:27 AMPosted by jonathan4210
03/19/2016 08:51 AMPosted by Orrion

Nah, I'm more like referring to the same time frame. Like now, if people play the same amount of time as me, with same paragon, yet level up a lot faster. It feels like I'm not doing something right, and just wasting my time.

You are, technically.

Group play levels you faster.
T10 is terrible xp, but once you do 60+ it moves again.

Of course a good group is still best .
cause like I said, people make it seem that getting 700 is like a joke.

This cat might be able to give you some advice. He can hit 800 in under 24 hours.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20742974866?page=2#33

Good luck!
You should deff look into some leveling guides on YouTube maybe and run the 4 player meta always if possible for most exp. 4 players most exp and highest grs you can deff go from 1-800 in a day of like 12-16 hours grind time with some carry without 500-600 prob easy. After a certain point stacking yellow exp pools and not dying helps a lot too but that isn't needed til near 2k this season as the wizard tornado meta is ridiculous and u can get trillions of exp per hour