EU season ended but era did not (?)

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
At 5 p.m CEST season 5 ended on the EU server.

According to the blog posted by Neva two weeks ago the non-seasonal leaderboard should have been wiped at that point, but it wasn´t. Seems like the 2015 - 4 era still continues (tagged "current").

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20077425/season-5-ending-soon-3-31-2016
The non-Seasonal Greater Rift Leaderboards will also be wiped at the end of the Season. However, you'll immediately be able to compete in the next Era with your non-Seasonal heroes (including those who have just rolled over), and will not have to wait for the start of the next Season.

Is there a reason why this era did not end alongside season 5?

Thanks in advance for any sort of clarification.
same question. Looks like they forgot to end era)
+1
It seems that this end of Era is a bit different than in the past and the Season end blog was not quite correct.. It is still running. Please see the brand new sticky thread for details! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20743134409
04/15/2016 10:22 AMPosted by Nubtro
Is there a reason why this era did not end alongside season 5?

The short version is that the end of Era 5 is working differently for this Season. The error in the blog was my bad, and has been corrected. Apologies for missing the update on that information.

The blog now reads:

The non-Seasonal Greater Rift Leaderboards will also be wiped sometime after the end of the Season. However, you'll immediately be able to compete in the currently active Era with your non-Seasonal heroes (including those who have just rolled over), and will not have to wait for the start of the next Season.

I've just posted the details regarding the end of Era 5 as well. Be sure to check those out if you haven't looked over them already.
LOL

No other words here o.O
Wait. You're not ending the Era at the same time?

If I mess around with my combined stuff tonight after Season ends, am I going to knock someone of the Era LB who actually participated in the Era? Because that sounds pretty crappy if so.
There was no item difference between season and non season play. Everyone had the same items drop based on RNG of course. So yea, the seasonal players have a shot at the era as well.
Highly Rated
Yeah, but... I'm a season player. I didn't participate in the Era. Players who didn't participate in the Season don't get to compete with me on the Season board.

Why do I get to participate with them in theirs just because we're pooled together for 2 weeks? The Era and the Season should end at the same time.

What this says to NS players is that they get to have their LB to play around with for a little while, but that it's not really their board.

No wonder NS players feel like Blizz doesn't give a crap about them.
Nubtro you trouble maker you!
Season players will be awarded twice with place in season LB and non season LB. Also if era is closing on 28 it probably means that will end with 2.4.1 already live so it is twice total no logic from Blizzard. People will use new sets and withing 3 days achive what others work for 3 months. You scrawed this again as usuall. Eras has to end with seasons.
04/15/2016 04:00 PMPosted by Tiakatt
Yeah, but... I'm a season player. I didn't participate in the Era. Players who didn't participate in the Season don't get to compete with me on the Season board.

Why do I get to participate with them in theirs just because we're pooled together for 2 weeks? The Era and the Season should end at the same time.

What this says to NS players is that they get to have their LB to play around with for a little while, but that it's not really their board.

No wonder NS players feel like Blizz doesn't give a crap about them.

Well said.

At the end of the day, Seasonal players do tend to take the leaderboards a bit more seriously. This isn't to say a lot of NS players do not as well, but there are probably a lot more "try hard" Seasonal players. Players like me who choose to compete NS with the hopes that we'll be avoiding a large majority of those "try hard" players will now see very little reason to look at the leaderboards at all since there will be a large influx of competition at the end now.

Very disappointing that Era/Seasons aren't ending at the same time anymore.
04/15/2016 03:54 PMPosted by Tiakatt

If I mess around with my combined stuff tonight after Season ends, am I going to knock someone of the Era LB who actually participated in the Era? Because that sounds pretty crappy if so.
No, I don't think this is how it's working, once season ends the seasonal clears on the leader board will stick to seasons, allowing now fully non seasonal players to compete with the rest of the players on the regular leaderboard, so you can kick someone that is currently on the leaderboard off, but your season clear won't be placed into the non season boards.
04/15/2016 04:12 PMPosted by henry
04/15/2016 03:54 PMPosted by Tiakatt

No, I don't think this is how it's working, once season ends the seasonal clears on the leader board will stick to seasons, allowing now fully non seasonal players to compete with the rest of the players on the regular leaderboard, so you can kick someone that is currently on the leaderboard off, but your season clear won't be placed into the non season boards.

He said if he messes around tonight, meaning, if he logs on and gets a high enough GR clear, he will knock off a NS/Era player from their respective leaderboard.
Oh, I read that completely different. Then yes, once you get done with organizing stash and what not, and go for leader board, if you beat someones tonight it'll kick them out of that spot for this Era, unless of course they push higher.
So, for 3 months, non-season players were organizing themselves to push for the final week, which was the same that for Season 5 like announced in official post. Then 3 months later : "Oh no we change your mind, hello" Plz communication, its always the same, you just dont care at all about your player community Blizzard and you prove it again.
Differently only for this era? Can you just announce it before the end of era? Good communication from blizzard's team like always :(

"The non-Seasonal Greater Rift Leaderboards will also be wiped sometime after the end of the Season. "

Sometime? oO Can we know an exact date like seasonal players? You really don't care about non seasonal players.
Stupid decision not to end the era at the same time season ends, but waiting until the 28th? After the patch comes out? Wow Blizzard...