john yang gone....thoughts?

Barbarian
I read earlier in a post about IK hota builds being the lowest dps set going for barbs even with the boost to the IK 6 set that Enoone had the same idea I campaigned on the ptr forums before they were shut down.

im going to use the tal rasha changes and their support item the nilfurs boast boots as an example.

Tal was given a 500%->750% damage increase per elemental attack
Nilfurs were boosted from 100% bonus base damage and up to 200% if it hits 3 or less -> 200% base and up to 300% bonus damage if it hits 3 or less.

could have easily fixed hota for IK this way. boost the damage (and possibly the attack speed) on bracers of the first men. take the top end damage bonus from up to 200% to 400% with the boost the IK set received and you have a viable Hota chance.

You might be thinking, "hey he hijacked the thread, I thought it was going to be about john yang..." in actuality it is.

Were do you see this game going after it has lost another big name in the games production? personally im kinda worried.
The Diablo team actually lost two developers -- Yang and Leonard Boyarski. No news yet if they've been replaced, but if they haven't, that's even less staff to change a game still sorely in need of changes.

Sounds like it adds up to something I'd heard a little while back but didn't want to believe: there's not going to be a second expansion.

If we're lucky, they'll quietly make a Diablo 4 that's closer in tone and mechanics to Diablo 2.

If we're not lucky, they'll continue to go down their current trend of making confused, visually and thematically jumbled console-focused games that look like Pixar rip-offs.
Until they actually water down the power creep and balance the game at lower grs this is going to be a lame grind 1-150 gr and see who has best time game.

Diablo isn't the same anymore. Instead of balancing everything out they power creep the game patch to patch. Which is bad. Sure people get excited oh hey look I clewared a 50 last season. But 70 this season. At first look it's cool. But down the road when you think about it nothing changed from 50-70. Just bigger numbers. A lot bigger numbers.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind grinding for gear and paragons. But I don't want to be doing how it has been this far.

They need to make tx challenging. And work from there. Balance all classes and builds. And everyone will enjoy this game A lot more.
Yes if cant balance properly set and items need to gain liekhood form players from other things
Set dungeons was a nice try but is completely hallow in rewards and fun

They should make last torment a soft-hardocre-set dungeon similar thing :P
"Name to be assigned"

But point of last difficulty will be:
Get double bonus of previous torment(10), but when u die u get logged off the game :P and cant enter same game anymore ^^

So even if in party even if start together once you die ->u out and cant re-enter that game again, and need to create/join a new one
John Yang gone, RIP further balance/new items. I feel like we might get minor damage % numbers on sets from here on out, but nothing big until a D4 announcement comes out. I imagine we get 0 info at next Blizzcon unless it is to announce D4.
I guess this is why his Bnet profile has stayed the same for a while:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Seph-1733/hero/261

I was in fact pointing out to T a couple weeks back that the game must really suck, seeing that even a dev hasn't played it much!

Thanks JY for all the good stuff you've done for the game, wishing you all the best!
04/13/2016 05:55 AMPosted by Dirtysecrets
John Yang gone, RIP further balance/new items. I feel like we might get minor damage % numbers on sets from here on out, but nothing big until a D4 announcement comes out. I imagine we get 0 info at next Blizzcon unless it is to announce D4.
don't expect d4 yet. We still have not cleared a gr 150.
The game is going in circles and has been for sometime. It sucks we lost two Devs especially Yang but I'm not very surprised.

Power creep and infinite scaling because of the grift hamster wheel is getting very stale imo. I enjoyed playing t10 or lower grifts with fun builds or non-meta groups before I took a break and hope Devs can add something fresh to D3 instead of just %xxxx more damage to sets and weapons.

Aside from the cube and LON there hasn't been much new content. Don't get me wrong I love the new barb builds we have and grinding gear to use them but it's the same tasks each patch. Rifts/bounties/grifts, rinse and repeat. Yang will be missed that's for sure, hopefully his talents go somewhere he can use them.
04/13/2016 06:27 AMPosted by Aegis
hope Devs can add something fresh to D3 instead of just %xxxx more damage to sets and weapons.

Hard to do that when everything is based off weapon damage.

If you're expecting something to shake up the current formula, you're going to be disappointed. I'm not expecting any more large content patches from here to the game's death. I hope I'm wrong. I hope I'm a mean old miser.
It's almost impossible for them to change the game's direction without a new installment.

And they just lost 3 developers (Don Vu too). So it's hard to see that 2nd expansion coming now.

There is still that "unannounced Diablo project" though...but most of the hirings have been artists? Making me think D4 more than expansion. Even the rumored D2 HD remake makes more sense.
04/13/2016 06:27 AMPosted by Aegis
The game is going in circles and has been for sometime.

The game has no future. It's boring and stale. You can only change sets and add stupid damage bonuses to existing for so long before it gets redundant.

I mean we're already in our 2 version of the Raekors set. I can see it now in 2020 when they rebuff the Raekors set for the 50th time as they try and present it to the play base as "new and exciting !"

They essentially made d3 into a slot machine made for people with gambling problems. .
it is a good thing.. for someone that managed to make miss Wilson.. man thats a lot to say..

Games needs

Paragon system revamp/overhaul.
Skill Rune system revamp/overhaul.
Sets overhaul/revamp.
Bounty revamp/overhaul.
GR density/areas Redesign
Stat squish.](back to 4 digits)
Pets AI overhaul/revamp.

this team is NOT able at all of doing so...
The loss of John Yang on the development team will be very much noticed.

Especially since he was one of the only devs on the staff that mained a barb and actually had a LOT of knowledge on barb mechanics.

With him gone, all of our math or justified complaints will all go into the hopper with all of the other classes.

It's a sad day for sure.

Thanks for all of the good work John! You will definitely be missed.
But we get to keep Wyatt right? I mean, we'd be totally lost without him because he is the greatest dev of all time and his vision which has been flawlessly executed has proven to be spectacular. Santa and the Tooth Fairy agree 100%.

Bloody
04/14/2016 11:12 AMPosted by Bloodyzbub
But we get to keep Wyatt right? I mean, we'd be totally lost without him because he is the greatest dev of all time and his vision which has been flawlessly executed has proven to be spectacular. Santa and the Tooth Fairy agree 100%.

Bloody

Laughed so hard on that one:D:D

On topic, I think it is time to follow Jako, and play a Sader, most of us have plenty of STR items, right? Since Barb will be soon 20GR below other classes, and our support role in 4man will be gone as well, now since JY is gone, we may just do it as well...
I don't think our support roll will be gone, at least not yet anyways.
You can have perfect balance or you can have capped difficulty.

Pick one.

D3 currently has NO balance, even within classes, and uncapped difficulty. This means it will always be centered around and end game of competing with a uniform meta. If you hate it, as I have disliked both the Static Monk and the Wiznado metas, tough s--t.

IMHO they should give up balancing the game, and cap GRs at 100. And simply re-introduce trading.

Then you will have an economy, people will be able to play whatever they want as long as it can solo GR100, and some people will play the conformist meta so they can compete in GR100.

The other option is to let GRs go on forever until the game is eventually only down to a handful of Paragon 9000 players with rank 500 gems fishing GRs.

In any event the removal of Boyarsky and Yang from the Dev team mean D3 is now going to be slowly pushed towards life support like D2. It is my humble opinion that you now find other games to play.

04/14/2016 11:57 AMPosted by Thumper
I don't think our support roll will be gone, at least not yet anyways.

Playing support is lame anyway. Sincerely - a guy who has played 500 hours of support. Be your own man. :p
playing support is lame only when that is the only option for being "viable" in party...

but in my opinion the support role that we got in last year so popular and spread among other players is actually one of the best changes in gameplay for party in diablo 3

the support role it simply got a bit out of hand from blizz control

PS: everyone loves, cake but u cant live long and happy only with cake ad food and drink...
04/15/2016 07:02 AMPosted by Samir
It is my humble opinion that you now find other games to play.

DOOM open beta drops this week. I'm desperate for a successor to Q3/TF2, but this one looks too consolized. I don't think there's any bunny-hopping or strafe jumping or rocket jumping to speak of, and there are no weapon pickups. There's also levels? And CoD-style xp to grind? I think? Ugh. I hate this strain of shooter design. Destiny, CoD, Halo -- they make me sick. Give me fast, classic DOOM with new graphics and options specifically designed for the PC. The last FPS worth playing was/is TF2 provided you can avoid pubs.

Still, gonna try it. If the community takes hold and organizes something other than pubs, I know where I'll be sinking time.
Yang's gone!?!

We're fuct