Era 5 *NOT* at an end.

Barbarian
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20743134409

This is, without a doubt, the single worst decision that Blizzard has ever made. I am absolutely aghast at this.

I understand, at some level, that Blizzard is undoubtedly doing this for a banwave next week. But this is utterly irrelevant to me in this moment.

I have been working my !@# off for the past 3 months to make it to where I am today.

And now, with only 4 hours left, do they announce an extended era completely out of the blue.

I have a top 100 clear on the NS barb leaderboards, the first time this has ever happened. I earned it. I have put in the effort, the blood, sweat, and tears to make this happen.

And now, for the first time, seasonal players are allowed to come in and place above me after the fact.

This is completely and totally incomprehensible to me.

You just lost a customer, Blizzard. I will never purchase another game from you again.

To all of my clanmates in <Fray> - I am sure that some of you will not understand this. You are all veteran players with the respect of the community and most of you have placed on the front page before. I have not. This was important to me. I have been breathing shallow and trying to remain calm all day, checking the leaderboards almost every hour to see where I was at and if I would remain in the top 100.

This is devastating news to me.

As a result, I am moving on from D3. I will never log in to this game again, nor any other Blizzard title.

I will be e-mailing Blizzard shortly to revoke my game license in protest. This will undoubtedly remove me from the leaderboards, but I simply don't care right now. I have my screenshots from when I made rank 80, and from a few moments ago when the era *should* have ended.

Peace, brothers. Good luck with the journey.
I get it, man. But don't make rash decisions in the heat of anger. Whether it's about video games, pizza, or love, cool down before you fire off emails and declare never to log in again.

In short, you have a right to be miffed. But keep it in perspective.
04/15/2016 05:09 PMPosted by Foamy7
I understand, at some level, that Blizzard is undoubtedly doing this for a banwave next week. But this is utterly irrelevant to me in this moment.

I hope you are right. I really do.

I have a top 100 clear on the NS barb leaderboards, the first time this has ever happened. I earned it. I have put in the effort, the blood, sweat, and tears to make this happen.

To all of my clanmates in <Fray> - I am sure that some of you will not understand this. You are all veteran players with the respect of the community and most of you have placed on the front page before. I have not. This was important to me. I have been breathing shallow and trying to remain calm all day, checking the leaderboards almost every hour to see where I was at and if I would remain in the top 100.

This is devastating news to me.

Brotha, I am truelly sorry that this change might possibly take your position away from the Top 100 LB's.

I really feel your pain. You earned it! And if it means anything I CONGRATULATE YOU BUDDY. Serious man. I know the pain, sweat, and pain it takes to reach your personal goals, and now possibly have them knocked off can be devastating.

I really hope to see you around Foamy7. What you posted is fair enough, but I hope when the dust settles you find your passion back into it.

Grats again on your clear brotha!

BeenJammin'
NS player are "leper players" to Blizz Foamy.

I'm pissed too, so I get it.
Even if I'm not inFray, I feel it and I feel Ya Brother. I remember when I've done 77 on my LoN Thorns frenzy. Then at UE ns it was like 802 place lol! This was exactly 30.03. 2days mornin I was like 848 and ok, 2weeks of some of our Brothers were hard-pushin gr and they earned this. But now, after 8h after season ended here...I'm 949. 101 places down in 8h lol.

This is kinda joke. I'd rather not 2 participate in this anymore.

Peace
Totally understand how you feel.

They sort of pulled this out of nowhere, with 1-hour notice, especially when it's not worked like this before.

The whole point of having an Era is for Non Seasonal players to have their own leader-board, but that's gone now.
Just learned about this. No words to describe this demonstration of incompetence. Wow just wow.

They really need to get their act together. Clearly not a single one of them understand LBs and what it means to push front page like Foamy has.

Also all those that were banned in Seasons would think this is a great chance for them to place on NS LBs.... by the time Era ends they woulda geared up and I suppose we can see more SoS dudes on the LBs. Great job Blizz.
Very disappointed. I went out of my way to play absolutely no meta this Era. I got on the leaderboards with a lesser build, now all the meta players will easily pass me and knock me off.
04/15/2016 06:24 PMPosted by Jako
Very disappointed. I went out of my way to play absolutely no meta this Era. I got on the leaderboards with a lesser build, now all the meta players will easily pass me and knock me off.

This. I did just da same. I took my time 2 gather that insanely hard 2 roll gear 4 thorns and...what 2 learn here? Always run in meta and earn para by leeching and than hit lb? Fok this sh@#@#t. I'm off.

Peace.
If they banwave NS you'll gain tons of ranks. It ain't the end of the world. Drink a beer, relax, and see how it shakes out. I'm personally a seasons player in the top 100 who does not see myself pushing NS this week.
You care about leader boards too much.
04/15/2016 06:44 PMPosted by HighLife
If they banwave NS you'll gain tons of ranks. It ain't the end of the world. Drink a beer, relax, and see how it shakes out. I'm personally a seasons player in the top 100 who does not see myself pushing NS this week.
The biggest part of this post is if. What if they don't do it? It'll truly be a kick in the face to all NS players who pushed up until today to rank to only be kicked thanks to Blizzard allowing NS Era to end late April.
It's amazing they, and as they I mean blizzard Devs, can make the same mistake twice. This happened once and was a horrible !@#$ up. I'm sorry to hear about your issues OP and hope they fix the problem but seeing as they don't care I'm not sure it'll happen.

Congrats on your achievements on the LBs atleast we all know it:)
04/15/2016 06:46 PMPosted by Dmoney

And why not? I see the frustration even though I stopped playing, it's nice to know you left a footprint somewhere.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkyy57iMaB0
04/15/2016 06:47 PMPosted by henry
04/15/2016 06:44 PMPosted by HighLife
The biggest part of this post is if. What if they don't do it? It'll truly be a kick in the face to all NS players who pushed up until today to rank to only be kicked thanks to Blizzard allowing NS Era to end late April.

I agree. There better be a damn good reason to pull this !@#$.

I'm about to blow your mind: Your understanding is not a requirement for the validity of things other people care about.
I understand your sentiments.

I was really happy yesterday as I managed to jump another 15 positions with my 84 LeapQuake clear a few hours before the expected deadline.

Then, "Season 5 has ended." appeared in the chat.

I came back an hour or so later only to find out somebody got a higher clear 15 minutes after 5 p.m. and now we know the whole story...

Miscommunicating this matter is a real low blow. I don´t even know what I would call it If they actually let the next power creep patch invalidate our 3 month effort by ending the era a day or two after the patch goes live...
04/16/2016 01:36 AMPosted by Nubtro
I understand your sentiments.

I was really happy yesterday as I managed to jump another 15 positions with my 84 LeapQuake clear a few hours before the expected deadline.

Then, "Season 5 has ended." appeared in the chat.

I came back an hour or so later only to find out somebody got a higher clear 15 minutes after 5 p.m. and now we know the whole story...

Miscommunicating this matter is a real low blow. I don´t even know what I would call it If they actually let the next power creep patch invalidate our 3 month effort by ending the era a day or two after the patch goes live...

If their original intent was to do this, why didn't they say so earlier at the beginning?

If their intent changed along the way -- when did it change, why did it change, and why on earth would they ambush everyone by not making any announcement till too late?

Geez.
Because at this point they dont really care.

Yes I know that the Mortick's gate is a beaten horse but from there we saw how much they value the playerbase when they don't even spare 1 minute to inform us about changes and we had to find out ourselves.

This now is the same thing. While I don't play NS and I don't really care about LBs in general, I can understand how you feel after being "tricked" like this.