EU season ended but era did not (?)

Barbarian
Anyone have a clue why they wouldn´t end the non-seasonal era alongside season 5?
Is this intentional or not?
Has this happened before?

Now the board will be flooded by combined paragon players...
04/15/2016 08:39 AMPosted by Nubtro
Anyone have a clue why they wouldn´t end the non-seasonal era alongside season 5?
Is this intentional or not?
Has this happened before?

Now the board will be flooded by combined paragon players...
this hasn't happened before, they're possibly going to do a massive ban wave if this is what happens on the u.s. side as well, we still have quite some time.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20077425/season-5-ending-soon-3-31-2016
The non-Seasonal Greater Rift Leaderboards will also be wiped at the end of the Season. However, you'll immediately be able to compete in the next Era with your non-Seasonal heroes (including those who have just rolled over), and will not have to wait for the start of the next Season.

They even announced it would end at the same time as season.

Very weird.
I thought this DID happen in the first 1 or 2 seasons, but that it was fixed...
04/15/2016 08:55 AMPosted by Shooter
no, this never happened, players wanted it to happen when they had the seasonal exclusive items so that all players could compete with the new items against those that already had them. however they made it so the era ended with the season.
Hmmm I also think that we can expect a ban wave of ns lb on UE server. But in general weird, very weird.

Peace Brothers
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20743064363

Go here and make a fuss please. I don't take leaderboards too seriously, but I do still try to get on them, even if it's Rank 1,000.

Let's make sure they know not to do this to future Eras.
04/15/2016 08:55 AMPosted by Shooter

It did and was a giant !@#$ up
04/15/2016 08:39 AMPosted by Nubtro

My best guess is that they are trying to make it clear to everyone, that the Seasonal boards are the only ones that matter.

It reminds me how some of the Barbarians fled to the HC boards for some level of competition.

I've already given up on the boards. It doesn't work for me to measure my self against others.

I know I'm amazing. ;)

I'm determined to keep my GRs to what I can do in 10 min or less.

For real. (Third time is the charm...I've tried the last two era) The 10min or less clears has made the game extremely fun for me. I only have my 78 clear this Era because kingdo asked for help with the MotE guide. I was testing how glass the fire fishing build was, got frustrated with CoE management and cleared a 78 Dirty style.

I feel bad for those fellow barbarians this change has affected. It can be very heartbreaking to have a personal goal taken away from you. Getting high on the Leaderboards and doing it legit is no easy feat. It's sad to see that effort trivialized by a massive change to the rules.

Now I know that if I want to compete with others, I best do it from level 1 in Seasons. I'll just ignore the bots on my way up, and trust they will be kicked to the curb again.