2.4.1 patch date/time

General Discussion
The PTR hasn't closed yet, has it? Is this normally done last minute before the Patch goes live, or do we get one week's notice in advance?
04/18/2016 12:04 AMPosted by Miki
A friend of mine has talked to the brother of a guy who knows a girl that is dating someone who has a neighbour that has had a drink with a friend of the father whose son's professor was treated by a nurse that has an ex boyfriend in Irvine California and his close friend has heard a rumour that the patch will be implemented only in Seasons. Apparently stash tab was not enough to get everyone in seasons so they are trying new incentives. If this doesn't work they are planning to completely shut down NS.

Anyone knows if this has been confirmed?

I know the same person through a friend of a friend from a forum who dated a girl who's brother drove through a town that someone who is related to someone else who bought stock in blizzard, so this is almost from the horses mouth - they said the patch would be out July 4th - big celebration planned in America...................
PTR usually closes a week or two before Patch, with very little notice.
04/18/2016 01:35 PMPosted by Jako
PTR usually closes a week or two before Patch, with very little notice.

Patch most likely go offline on the 24-25 somewhere around there
I highly doubt that a couple of days would make a huge difference in the era leader boards. So they could still put the patch in on Tuesday.
D3 is dead until next friday, no one cares about non season, not even blizzard, i dont get how people didnt realize that yet.
Someone lost the bet... I guess.
04/17/2016 11:55 PMPosted by Set
04/17/2016 07:38 PMPosted by Jako
Every patch has been on a Tuesday. Every patch has been a few days before a Season starting.

They already made it clear they do not care about the NS players and community. So if the NS Leaderboards get caught in the crossfire, it shouldn't come as a shock.

There is literally no reason to think 2.4.1 will be any different. Tuesdays are still the official patch day for D3. Developers will still want to deploy the patch a good bit before starting a new season to make sure there are no issues.

The fact is that starting with 2.2.0 no major patch has launched before the end of the previous era.

04/05/2015 E2 end, E3 start, S2 end
04/07/2015 Patch 2.2.0
08/23/2015 E3 end, E4 start, S3 end
08/25/2015 Patch 2.3.0
12/30/2015 E4 end, E5 start, S4 end
01/12/2016 Patch 2.4.0

There is literally no reason to think that 2.4.1 will be any different just because they are changing up the era end/start convention a bit this time or to keep patch deployment on a Tuesday, which by the way has never been announced as the "official" patch day even though it has been the typical one.

Yep...no reason to think 2.4.1 would launch on a Tuesday. Zero reason.
04/26/2016 01:41 PMPosted by fortytwo
Patch 2.4.1 Now Live

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20099649

But it's Tuesday...OP clearly said the patch wouldn't drop until Thursday after the Era ended.
04/26/2016 01:49 PMPosted by Jako
Patch 2.4.1 Now Live

But it's Tuesday...OP clearly said the patch wouldn't drop until Thursday after the Era ended.
He's not Pandaman, so there's little faith in believing him.
04/26/2016 01:49 PMPosted by Jako
Patch 2.4.1 Now Live

Wow, ok, you win rank one on the forum warrior leaderboard for posting now twice in a thread that was long since forgotten.

But by the way, I never said the patch wouldn't hit today. I said it shouldn't. Reading comprehension is hard, but keep competing on the forums and maybe you'll get the hang of it.
Ya know, this is kind of weird but it looks like the patch and season 6 will
take place at the same time. Just a guess...I have no clue
04/26/2016 01:58 PMPosted by Set
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Wow, ok, you win rank one on the forum warrior leaderboard for posting now twice in a thread that was long since forgotten.

But by the way, I never said the patch wouldn't hit today. I said it shouldn't. Reading comprehension is hard, but keep competing on the forums and maybe you'll get the hang of it.

My reading comprehension is fine. A couple of your posts were about how the patch should drop after the Era ends. But most of them were you explaining why it would despite me and several others providing evidence to the contrary.

My reading comprehension is fine. A couple of your posts were about how the patch should drop after the Era ends. But most of them were you explaining why it would despite me and several others providing evidence to the contrary.

The only relevant evidence that you or anyone else provided was that patch days have always been on Tuesdays, which was no more compelling than my timeline evidence that no patch of any significance has ever dropped just before the end of an era.

Just because blizzard made a poor decision does not in any way discount my OP that they should have done it differently.
Wow, the autism is strong in here.