Any plans for more character slots for seasons?

General Discussion
Hello,

I stopped playing about 6 weeks in Season 5 and haven't really kept up to date on D3 since. I read through the PTR patch notes for season 6 but I didn't see anything there so I'm hoping it's a topic that was addressed at some point (and most info comes from outside the forums anyways).

I know you can rebirth, but after spending 2 hours doing inventory and stash management last night, I'm still out of space everywhere and couldn't store the gear of whoever I would rebirth. I have 2 of each class, 1 to play and 1 to hold the 2-3 other class sets. I salvaged anything that wasn't well rolled Ancient that is necessary for a specific build, I even salvaged everything that I kept for LoN builds if I ever wanted to make one.

Right now I have 1 character slot open, and the only reason it is open, is that I had to delete one character to level a hardcore one in Season 5 for the stupid journey, and I just never bothered relevelling it.

So are there any plans for additional character slots for Season 6?
I like your idea and am a hoarder myself.
I went from pick up everything, to just blues, to just yellows, to legs and sets, and now ancient legs and ancient sets.
I have full sets that I know will be useful down the road, and they took months to gather, don't really want to do that again.
I would also like at least more character slots, that can't use that much server space, you can only play one at a time...
Now I am throwing out really good stuff, and everytime I pick something up, it isn't better, it's just different, so the choices of what to dump are getting very time consuming.
I have a page of just gems, and mats and a few rings to round out the screen, the rest of the tabs are sets and legs.

I HATE that people down vote without replying why.
04/22/2016 07:59 AMPosted by theNix

I have full sets that I know will be useful down the road, and they took months to gather, don't really want to do that again.

[/quote]
This is entirely false. Not all sets will be helpful. Some will always be worse than others. Your going to hold onto it "just in case"? If you havnt touched it in a couple weeks, you probably never will. Sets are not that hard to get anymore either.
In season five I ended up deleting all but two of my NS characters. And I don't know why I even kept those two...
04/22/2016 08:16 AMPosted by Thphlstr
This is entirely false. Not all sets will be helpful. Some will always be worse than others. Your going to hold onto it "just in case"? If you havnt touched it in a couple weeks, you probably never will. Sets are not that hard to get anymore either.

This quote is entirely FALSE
I play a few hours a week, I try to run all characters, Diablo is not my life, but when it is, I like to have everything I have acquired available to me to use. Not spend my 5 hours of game time picking up crap I already picked up.

And I'm not trying to push 100, sometimes I like to put on the crap sets and do a T1 just to see them actually work, I'm still in this game for the beauty of it, not the leader boards.

Thanks,
No plans to add any additional character slots that I have heard of.

Within a couple hours of hitting 70 you can have a gear set that can do TX and probably 50+ GRifts. That's not even considering the free set in seasons you also get. Stop hoarding and clear out the items you don't use. There is no need to keep piles of stuff. Sets and legs fall like rain. The argument that you only play a few hours a week isn't really valid any longer in the quest for gear.

The larger problem, from reading some posts here, (I'm looking at you 'theNix) is that you split those few hours between every possible character type. 10 characters and all 10 under 10k elite kills. You don't need to hoard gear playing like that. If you want to. Go ahead that's your prerogative but don't complain about stash space or needing more character slots.

I like seasons. At the end of last season I kept enough to PL others in NS SC and NS HC. The rest I deleted. That's just me. I'm sure its not what everyone that plays seasons does but I have no urge to play NS so why keep that gear except to PL others if you are so inclined.
Very valid points BRMCVP, I'm just a hoarder, and like I hear all the time, if we got 100 slots I'd probably fill them all!

I am trying seasons when it starts next week, may even go get PLd so I can actually keep up. But I don't get to play much and am always afraid I'm going to throw the priceless thing away.

My case: I have been hunting Wand of Woh for months now, never got one, but a year ago when I was just tossing stuff away, I could have thrown away plenty.

I know I'm a hoarder and I am not here to offend, but many casuals know what I'm saying...

Maybe if I bought 6 copies, I could be satisfied, one for each class... LOL

And HEY! my Barb has over 10,000 Elite kills... not bad for 4 years!!! ROFL... cheers
04/22/2016 11:42 AMPosted by theNix
Very valid points BRMCVP, I'm just a hoarder, and like I hear all the time, if we got 100 slots I'd probably fill them all!

I am trying seasons when it starts next week, may even go get PLd so I can actually keep up. But I don't get to play much and am always afraid I'm going to throw the priceless thing away.

My case: I have been hunting Wand of Woh for months now, never got one, but a year ago when I was just tossing stuff away, I could have thrown away plenty.

I know I'm a hoarder and I am not here to offend, but many casuals know what I'm saying...

And HEY! my Barb has over 10,000 Elite kills... not bad for 4 years!!! ROFL... cheers

Now with the cube it should be less of an issue. Another factor is current legendary items are almost never upgraded with new stats/abilities with new patches. So unless you just a have an amazing legendary item that you are not using, there is no reason to keep it.

Plus with adding more slots, you should be able to dedicate a whole tab to each class. It took me a long time to start actually destroying those Unity rings, but then I realized I probably have lost half a dozen by deleting characters after forgetting to remove it from my followers.
04/22/2016 11:42 AMPosted by theNix

lol the first step is recognizing that you have a problem.

You need a PL in seasons give me 24 hours after season 6 starts or so and give me a shout Ill get ya handled. Then a good way to look for something like a Wand of Woh is get into a all wizard gear sharing group and you all will get what you need pretty fast. Remember that you don't need specific set pieces either you can convert then in the cube for next to nothing mats. If you need a 6 piece set you just need 6 pieces of that set any slot. 6 sets of boots work. Use the cube and voila! I'm sure you know this but for some reason many dont remember to use it.
04/22/2016 11:31 AMPosted by BRMCVP
No plans to add any additional character slots that I have heard of.

Within a couple hours of hitting 70 you can have a gear set that can do TX and probably 50+ GRifts. That's not even considering the free set in seasons you also get. Stop hoarding and clear out the items you don't use. There is no need to keep piles of stuff. Sets and legs fall like rain. The argument that you only play a few hours a week isn't really valid any longer in the quest for gear.

Yeah I know it's easy to gear up early in seasons. I completed all journeys of Season 5 within a few weeks of the season start and almost all of it was solo.
But historically, they update sets and make them new and exciting (although 2.4.1 has nothing different to 2.4 really other than power creep), so I keep well rolled ancients for the set and the supporting legendaries. If I want to play Shadow DH for fun one night, I don't want to spend 5 hours getting random pieces of the set, I have it all ancient already. And if next patch they update an old set and make it fun, I want to try it out without having to use garbage rolls for a week or use a set without the weapon that goes with it. It's ridiculous to spend 5 hours looking for an Ancient Sacred Harvester when I have one in my stash right now.

Anyways, thanks for confirming that there won't be other character slots. Guess I'll just have to get the additional stash tab within 30 days, so I can store the gear that is mailed to me when I rebirth.
04/22/2016 07:17 AMPosted by Namcap
I know you can rebirth, but after spending 2 hours doing inventory and stash management last night, I'm still out of space everywhere and couldn't store the gear of whoever I would rebirth.
Think of it this way. The character you rebirth will get new gear during the season. Once S6 ends, you won't even notice you're missing the stuff you dusted...
04/22/2016 11:53 AMPosted by BRMCVP
Then a good way to look for something like a Wand of Woh is get into a all wizard gear sharing group and you all will get what you need pretty fast.

Thats how I got immortal kings boulder breaker for my friend!

Thanks, I may be looking for more social play as the season starts, offer appreciated!

I'm thinking Monk, because I love innas!
It´s long overdue to be honest. It´s not even possible to have 5 of each class in NS + at least two chars in Season. This makes the whole achievements impossible unless you delete your NS chars.