Impossible to kill 350 monsters for a cursed chest?

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Has anyone killed 350 monsters during a cursed chest event?

Now let me be specific on the perimeters

The conquest for season 6 specifically says, "Kill 350 or more monsters in a cursed chest event at level 70 on Torment X difficulty".

Now answer me this

This is telling me, that with no monsters around prior to you starting the event, with no kill streak prior to starting the event that in order to complete this conquest you have to kill 350 monsters that spawn ONLY during the cursed chest event?

For me personally the most amount I have ever gotten for killing cursed chest monsters specifically was about 200. However, if you include the monsters I killed (AKA kill streak) prior to activating the cursed chest I have gotten well over 350. But because there are 2 different counters for kill streak monsters and cursed chest event monsters I dont think the two will interact thus giving you the completion.

This isn't a matter of "Oh this is too hard because I cant kill fast enough" far from it. For me, during cursed chest events monsters die as soon as they spawn. This is a matter of monsters not spawning fast enough. I have noticed that during the beginning of these events the monsters spawn slowly and in few numbers. As the event goes on they spawn faster and in an abundance.

So by my observation (unless someone can prove you can get 350 cursed chest event monster kills) and with the current state of how cursed chest events run this is an impossible conquest to complete. Unless the patch adds more time to cursed chest events or makes spawning of monsters faster then this conquest can not be completed.

I have done multiple Torment X cursed chest events over the past few days, trying to get as many kills as possible and I get nowhere near 350. I even did a test run on Torment 6 and I didn't even break 200 kills.

So, can anyone shed some light on this?
There's some events with better monster spawns and some with horrible monster spawns. Have to find the right one. I think A5 will likely have the best ones, some spawn those little maggots. I know I've hit over 300 kills randomly doing bounties and not trying for this. Solo will need "some" prep, with a friend it should be easy.
It's best achieved with at least one other player.

I got it last season by starting a chest event during bounties, it was the last one so another player joined me. He was a WW barb and I was a twister wiz using the bracers that pull everything together.

The key is crowed control and lots of power. The quicker you kill the waves, the faster they spawn before the event ends.

Mine was one in A4 so it spawned a lot of those weak crawler souls. You have to be sure to take the hammer mashers out quickly for more to spawn right away.
There is no way the stash can be earned completely solo. Not unless you grind enough paragon 12 hours a day every day.

Apparently too many people must have earned the stash space last time around.
04/23/2016 07:06 AMPosted by Arsenal
There is no way the stash can be earned completely solo. Not unless you grind enough paragon 12 hours a day every day.

Apparently too many people must have earned the stash space last time around.

Entirely false. I got the satsh tab solo last season, and its should be easier this season.

Im starting on Hardcore, and I only play solo there, because I don't trust others.
Lvl 3 gems to 65 is not hard.
By the time I have 3 65 gems I will try for thr Gr75 solo. Thinking perfetc rolled UE will do, or might have to do LoN Strafe.

Hey look at that, stash tab and all done solo, weird.
(Master set dungeon: Natalyas you can close your eyes solo and master that)
I got over 300 once solo in Act 2, was pretty close to 350 iirc.

The one in the Archives just spawns those flying birds as fast as possible.
From what i noticed i think The Cursed Spire - Unknown Depths chest has the most monsters i saw in a cursed chest event so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnKcEcFW5KY

check this video , starting at 8,43

He has pretty bad kill speed and he makes 230 kills super easy.With a aoe skill you can get the 350 easy.
I did this on ptr with my DH using Chakram Marauders build. The Cursed Bellows is a good one. Instead of saying something is impossible maybe you should do some real testing. Not all cursed chests are going to be doable for this conquest. And not all builds are going to be able to do this conquest.
http://i.imgur.com/flvbkRN.jpg

Just did it for you, 3 minutes ago (17:21 atm local time).
It's entirely possible solo for some classes (maybe all? Don't know), even messed up and forgot perma Vengeance and ran out of hatred...

[e] The "before" screenshot, to show that there was no killing spree etc. http://i.imgur.com/b8fZEEr.jpg
A2 (near Zultan Kulle) and A5 (near Blood Marsh) are going to be the two to go for iirc. They do spawn fast enough and it is very possible.

Just a matter of RNG in finding those specific ones.
The act 5 cursed chest in blood marsh is easy. I did it in season 4 even. I used the uliana build and managed 403 kills.

Solo btw
Hmm, seems kinda lame you have to go and hunt for specific cursed chests. But whatever, thanks for the info.
My personal best is just over 450 solo using a WW barb.
04/23/2016 08:03 AMPosted by Thphlstr
By the time I have 3 65 gems I will try for thr Gr75 solo.
By the time you have 3 gems upgraded to level 65, you will have either done 1,000 Greater Rift 65s, or 9 Greater Rift 75s. Which sounds more practical to you? Honestly, nothing screams "I've never done a Greater Rift 75 before" more than somebody who underestimates how much effort it takes to upgrade gems.

And good luck with that UE Demon Hunter... if an enemy so much as looks at you funny in a Greater Rift 75, your companion will have to peel your hero's corpse off the floor. Hope you don't encounter that big "pushover," Perdition.
I just invited the OP to a game with the "Cursed Peat" event with my Sages farming set on, and we hit 340 without even trying.
The is probably one of the easiest conquests ever.
Can be done on multiple chests without much hassle.
04/23/2016 03:55 PMPosted by FoTMroller2k
The is probably one of the easiest conquests ever.

Agreed.

Makes me wonder why they removed Avarice and Avaricia, and also reduced the amount of gold dropped from Gilded Barons.
04/23/2016 04:01 PMPosted by VitaKaninen
Makes me wonder why they removed Avarice and Avaricia, and also reduced the amount of gold dropped from Gilded Barons.

"Bliz Logic" strikes again
04/23/2016 03:36 PMPosted by HelloKitty
By the time you have 3 gems upgraded to level 65, you will have either done 1,000 Greater Rift 65s, or 9 Greater Rift 75s. Which sounds more practical to you? Honestly, nothing screams "I've never done a Greater Rift 75 before" more than somebody who underestimates how much effort it takes to upgrade gems.

And good luck with that UE Demon Hunter... if an enemy so much as looks at you funny in a Greater Rift 75, your companion will have to peel your hero's corpse off the floor. Hope you don't encounter that big "pushover," Perdition.

Lmao, thanks for posting this. I needed a good laugh to start out the day right :)
04/23/2016 03:36 PMPosted by HelloKitty

Your math is *way* off.

It takes 14 empowered 65 GRifts to get one gem to 56. That leaves you 9 more levels to get it to 65, which last season took me an average of about 14 attempts (doing 65s, because that was the highest level I could reliably farm) to get those 9. So, figure another 4 rifts, if they are empowered. That's 18 rifts per gem, or 54 rifts total, if they are all empowered.

If you choose to be cheap and not spend your gold for some unknown reason, it takes 19 regular rifts to get the gem to 56, and then 5 more for the extra 15 attempts from 56 to 65. That's 24 per gem, or 72 total rifts.

54. Or 72. Not a thousand.

With 1000 Grifts, I'll have my three worn gems to 65, and have all 13 of my gears upgraded with lvl 65 gems from Caldessons.