Manajuma's Way or the Highway!

Witch Doctor
I wanted to have a discussion about this set.

It seems that there's very few situations where this set isn't a good idea.
The only things I can think of are related specifically to full clears and a single boss fight in which you don't have to run across the map to get there.

Basically, are we kinda giving up on flavor builds in order to have mobility?
Personally, I think this ability should be baked into a passive.

I kind of also wish it didn't exist and they just focused on making Spirit Walk more mobile.
We do have a single mojo for SW, but it's nothing compared to Manajuma's Way.
It knocks you out of of SW when an enemy is within 30yards.

This ruins speed run capability.
I understand why SW can't be permanent near enemies, as you're invulnerable when using it.
However, a simple adjustment to say that you can't cast while in spirit walk or it knocks you out.
This takes away the other functional uses, in exchange for mobility.
Fair trade, I would think.

However, chicken is faster, basically has the same survivability as you're moving too fast to get hit, lasts longer, and can instantly be re-cast without have to kill mobs to reduce CD, it explodes to do damage when you reach your target, and the second best trait (mobility being first) is that you can still loot, insta-pop doors and containers, as well as even teleport while in chicken form.

Basically, it's a must have on any speed or farm build, meaning you're locked out of tons of flavor builds for the sake of competitive play and/or tolerability while farming.

As it sits right now, I'm trying to make a fun build.

1) Helltooth full set - Deadly Rebirth - Wilken's Reach - Belt of Transcendence - Jeram's Bracers - Hellfire Amulet with Fierce Loyalty Passive - Bastions of Will rings.

Skills
Wall of Death (Surrounded by Death)[to proc 6 piece set bonus]
Piranhas (Frozen Piranhas)[NPCs take more damage from everything and realized piranado doubled the CD]
Firebomb (Pyrogeist) [to proc Restraint ring.. Pyrogeist provides dps without have to spam cast and it more effective at procing ring] -
Gargs (Humongoid)
Spirit Walk (Severance)
Main Attack is Grasp of the Dead (Unbreakable Grasp) [Gets bonused from Wall of Death proc, it procs Focus ring, cost 0 mana to cast, has no CD, and Raining corpses allow it to be spammed and the damage to stack].

Passives
Pierce the Veil - Zombie Handler - Grave Injustice - Midnight Feast - Fierce Loyalty on Amulet

Cube
Humunculus - Will have 6 dogs out causing Necrosis, benefiting from HT set bonus and
Mask of Jeram - 100% pet damage
Short Man's Finger - 3 gargs, causing Necrosis, benefiting from HT set bonus, cleaving multiple NPCs.

Frozen Piranhas is also increasing the DPS on all effected targets, including bosses and guardians (i think) where as piranado does nothing there. It also lasts longer, and slows.
Grasp of the Dead slows.
Wall of Death traps.
Wall of this is then further benefits by dps with the Bane of the Trapped gem.

However, despite this nifty build, I have no freaking mobility besides the 2 seconds provided by spirit walk...

Basically, the synergy of this build and its effectiveness is crap because I have to give up on it in order to get mobility.
However, since I'm giving up on my build for a bit of mobility provided by Shukrani's Triumph, I might as well go all the way and just fit Manjuma's Way, because the entire build is then broken...

Oh well I guess...
Manajuma is useless - too slow.
wrong
OK... So.. you seem to believe otherwise..
So, how about; Instead of telling me I'm wrong, tell me what is right.
04/26/2016 10:01 PMPosted by HELLBOUNDMAN
OK... So.. you seem to believe otherwise..
So, how about; Instead of telling me I'm wrong, tell me what is right.

Or you just look at his profile.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MunQ-2808/hero/72895973

MunQ is one of the top eu players and know what he is doing.

If you think manajumias is cool, iam okay with that. I personally think its useless and also clunky to play.
It is great for Bounties and TX, but that is about it.
04/26/2016 10:30 PMPosted by Melancholy

MunQ is one of the top eu players and know what he is doing.

Too many builds, mechanics and loopholes have been found in Diablo throughout the years by "nobodies" and then made popular by "somebodies" for me to ever take someone's word solely based on leaderboards/reputation. I have, in fact, personally corrected and spoken out against self professed "somebodies" on several occasions on these very same boards and witnessed the communities leading theory crafters and meta gamers admit being wrong far too many times to count.

If I were to judge posting merit on ePeenery then I would be hanging on Gabynator's every word and to that prospect I say, **** that.

I'm not saying MunQ's opinion is wrong. In fact, I agree with him. I'm simply saying, "He's a top player" is about as meaningful a reason as "Because I said so."
This is a good conversation and all, but no one has yet to explain what is better for speed farming and/or high mobility than Manajuma's Way.
If you use spirit walk-severance and can keep up the in-geom buff then manajuma's are unnecessary. Both give you 100% movement speed.
04/27/2016 11:53 AMPosted by HELLBOUNDMAN
This is a good conversation and all, but no one has yet to explain what is better for speed farming and/or high mobility than Manajuma's Way.

If you're talking about T10's there is a Fire based LoN built around Gold Pickup, Swarm and Gargs that can knock out Rifts in under 2 min per run.

I personally value DB's so I stick with an Arachyr's Firebat with Manajumas. Stopping only to kill elites for DB's I can get a T10 clear in 4-5 minutes.

I saw an In-Geom LoN build last season that cleared pretty fast as well. I don't remember much about it to be honest since I'm not a fan of In-Geom.
04/27/2016 11:53 AMPosted by HELLBOUNDMAN

In-geom + SW severence. Add speed belt + speed bracers or other !@#$ like speed gem or whatever. Pleae stop promoting manajumas as the best.
LON HT w/ various speed boosting items + skills beats Manajumas. I used both for a while. I was getting ~3 min T10 clears with Manajumas + HT, can get 2 min T10 clears.

LON HT you can use stuff like Krelm Belt, Warzechians, Hexing Pants, Sacred Harvester, In-Geom cubed, with Soul Harvest: Soul to Waste and Spirit Walk: Severance, to get ridiculous speed and still smash face.
04/27/2016 01:14 PMPosted by Crabmaster
LON HT w/ various speed boosting items + skills beats Manajumas. I used both for a while. I was getting ~3 min T10 clears with Manajumas + HT, can get 2 min T10 clears.

LON HT you can use stuff like Krelm Belt, Warzechians, Hexing Pants, Sacred Harvester, In-Geom cubed, with Soul Harvest: Soul to Waste and Spirit Walk: Severance, to get ridiculous speed and still smash face.

This. Not to mention Horrify: Stalker and Fierce Loyalty. I don't even log on with my Arachyr/Manajuma character anymore.