Going to finally take a dive...

Wizard
into seasons.

Does anyone have tips on leveling at first? Do you run Grifts, bounties, etc...?

Are there any useful guides out there (that are up to date)?
i take a break the first couple of days and let the clan mates power level me XD
What are you playing ? Wizard ?

There are a some tips and tricks regarding leveling on day-one.

Do it in groups;
Steal your followers weapons as soon as you enter the game at level 1;
Packed areas give more XP, like Fields of Misery and Halls of Agony (more monsters = greater massacre bonus);
Get leoric's crown as soon as you can, and stuff a red gem there;
Seek Haedrig's Gift as soon as you can (the free set) - you get the first bonus by leveling to 70;

That being said, some guides are well written and very complete. I liked this one:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/3ziyyy/its_back_24_season_5_fast_leveling_guide_update/

One thing to note, is that the majority of legendary and set plans drop from bounty caches. They're important when you're starting over.

EDIT: Don't forget Kanai's Skorn. A 119 damage weapon available to level 1 toons:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20742995605
04/25/2016 11:43 AMPosted by Machado
What are you playing ? Wizard ?

Yeah I'm going to play wizard.

Packed areas give more XP, like Fields of Misery and Halls of Agony (more monsters = greater massacre bonus);

So basically you just go to these maps and run them over and over?
04/25/2016 11:47 AMPosted by kasper301615
So basically you just go to these maps and run them over and over?

Kind of. Look at this:
http://i.imgur.com/a3uwKs5.jpg
We always level on Hard. There's a big jump in HP for Expert but not much of an increase in XP. So the general consensus is that you should stick to Hard or up to Master to maximize the XP/HP ratio.

Our group is planning to do bounties until level 23. That's about 2 caches. The caches have a chance to drop the low level Born's and Cain's plans. You have a pretty good chance to get at least one of those plans from 2 caches. Then we just mostly just run rifts after that.

I'd suggest getting a fun group together. There are most efficient strategies, but in the end in might be the difference between 2.5 hours and 3.5 hours. Personally, I think it's more fun to come in an hour behind the top groups but have a blast doing it. It's fun to have voice-chat going too. The first weekend of the season is always a blast for me.

As for wizard-specific stuff: I find the best strategy is to go for a 2-hand weapon and use a channel build. If you are using a 2-hander you only need 1 upgrade instead of both a 1-hand weapon and a source. In my experience source upgrades are few and far between when levelling, it's much easier to get a beefy 2-hander. Keep your best source as you level though in case you get a really good 1-hander.

I usually run Disintegrate right up to 70 once I unlock it.

Oh, and try to save as many mats as you can for when you hit 70. It will give you a bit of a head start.

After you hit 70, your first goal should be to get Haedrig's gifts. You get 2 pieces of DMO for hitting 70. The next two are for Killing T2 Izual. The last two are for clearing GR20. I'd suggest spending your early shards on sources. DMO4 with a Triumvirate should get you through GR20 to get the last pieces of DMO, and then you can up the difficulty and start farming.
With a wiz 2 handers are best. Go to ruins of secheron by kanai throne and there will be a cool looking scorn type two hander with 100 dps... It'll carry you through t6 until you're like lvl 25 then you drop the difficulty down.
EDIT: Don't forget Kanai's Skorn. A 119 damage weapon available to level 1 toons:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20742995605

lol...
you guys can forget this skorn.
u wont find it till next March.
Haven't kept up to date with the game since early Season 5, but unless they changed something, you get huge multipliers to exp for kill streaks, but those are outside of rifts only. I found it better in Season 5 to level in a lower difficulty by doing bounties and getting high kill streaks.
After level 60 you can do some rifts as well to get some death's breath, but even then bounties and bounty mats are never a bad thing to have.
04/25/2016 01:36 PMPosted by Luffy
lol...

Care to elaborate ?
Also, this may prove to be useful:
http://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-general-forums/diablo-iii-general-discussion/168663-patch-2-4-1-start-guide-for-season-6-how-to-be
04/25/2016 02:16 PMPosted by Machado
04/25/2016 01:36 PMPosted by Luffy
lol...

Care to elaborate ?

Kanai event is March only. That includes the weapon.
u can go PTR before it close... or even try in live server.
u wont find it... till next March.
04/25/2016 02:28 PMPosted by Luffy

I didn't know that. Good to know. Thanks!
Alcohol. Lots of alcohol. I prefer rum with a soda of choice. (coke is the only choice)
04/25/2016 04:21 PMPosted by Gbrav13
Alcohol. Lots of alcohol. I prefer rum with a soda of choice. (coke is the only choice)

If you like really sweet drinks, try Captain Morgan: Private Stock (must be private stock) and Mountain Dew. I really enjoy that as well as just Captain and Coke.
u can go PTR before it close... or even try in live server.
u wont find it... till next March.
Edited by Luffy on 4/25/2016 2:28 PM PDT
8 hours ago
Reply Quote

The mysterious chest is not a Kanai event. It is a transmog and all the transmogs are level 1 and part of the new cosmetics. The event was a portal to a cow realm to fight alongside Kanai during March. The axe was still there in April and unless a blue says it has been removed it will be Live.
04/25/2016 04:46 PMPosted by kasper301615

If you like really sweet drinks, try Captain Morgan: Private Stock (must be private stock) and Mountain Dew. I really enjoy that as well as just Captain and Coke.

I like that idea! Thanks for sharing.
Welcome!
you will enjoy the weekend, you might find leveling a bit boring.
but if you have a nice group of friends, then not.
04/25/2016 04:46 PMPosted by kasper301615

For god's sake, have real cocktails.

The only carbonated beverages that should ever be in a man's drink are tonic water, soda water, or ginger ale. Beers are a class of their own.

If you want carbonation and sweetness, learn to love Moscow Mule's.