Solo leveling in seasons.....

General Discussion
I have never really competed in a season so what is the most efficient way to solo to 70 quickly in a season........Rifts over and over, Adventure mode or bounties?
I find bounties to be the fastest,I usually get to 70 in about 5 hrs solo doing bounties
Generally 3-4 hours.

Start out with a lap of bountys, play campaign till you kill leoric
Claim leoric crown. Put ruby in helm for XP, keep doing bountys, craft Cain set and whatever the other set is with XP gain and wear that. Keep doing bounties to 61 then start rifts to farm death breaths. Soon as 70 do bounties flat out to get all crafting recipes, make a powerful weapon ASAP. Preferably ancient which isn't that hard to do.

It's pretty easy if you do the right things.

I was at paragon 450 with stash space achieved about 40 hours 7 weeks in, all solo.

I expect season 6 to be even easier and faster.
Generally 3-4 hours.

Claim leoric crown. Put ruby in helm for XP, .

Make sure you have not killed leoric before on this toon, whether on adventure mode or campaign. Crown only drops on first kill in campaign. Also make sure you're lvl 20 when you kill leoric, otherwise the helm has no socket.
Great, thanks for the advice.
I start off in Hardcore and get all that done early, and then work on the softcore stuff at a casual pace.

I always go to ACT 1 and just kill the stuff in the halls to the butcher. I do those 3 levels, and then I leave game and remake. Repeat until lvl 70.
04/20/2016 07:38 AMPosted by Thphlstr
I start off in Hardcore and get all that done early, and then work on the softcore stuff at a casual pace.

I always go to ACT 1 and just kill the stuff in the halls to the butcher. I do those 3 levels, and then I leave game and remake. Repeat until lvl 70.

Not sure what you mean by hardcore and softcore.......arent they just two different gameplay types that are not interchangeable?
Yea hardcore an softcore are different gameplay types that are not interchangeable.

But I start by making a Seasonal Hardcore, and get my free set there. Use that to farm up lots of gear and rush all of the conquests (did 3 Hardcore conquests season 5 before switching to Softcore). I start in Hardcore because people are always looking to help each other early on to get the conquests done.

After doing all the conquests I start a Normal (softcore) character. People will usually power level a Softcore at this point, or I can ask a friend who never plays hardcore to level me up. Gear is easy enough to find so I don't care that I don't get a free set in Softcore. Ill have a full set soon anyway.

Then I work on the season Journey and the other 5 conquests in Softcore. Goal this season is to complete the Full Journey, not hard, and then get 100% of seasonal achievements.
Can you open adventure mode before getting at least one up to 70 in season?
04/20/2016 08:33 AMPosted by BRMCVP

as pointed out, I stand corrected.. since I have played since the beginning I haven't really needed to worry so in fairness I will delete my bad advice comment and replace it with something just as useless.. :)

Yep, provided you have completed campaign mode with any of your nephalem. If you have a brand new account and have the 1st nephalem you've created start a season, then you'll have to complete campaign mode before adventure mode will be available.
04/20/2016 09:03 AMPosted by Godzilla

Yep, provided you have completed campaign mode with any of your nephalem. If you have a brand new account and have the 1st nephalem you've created start a season, then you'll have to complete campaign mode before adventure mode will be available.

Wrong. Adventure Mode is available to every seasonal player, regardless of whether they unlocked adventure mode in non-season.

However, be warned that, once the season ends, you will be locked out of adventure mode until you complete the campaign.
04/20/2016 06:09 AMPosted by Juls
Generally 3-4 hours.

Claim leoric crown. Put ruby in helm for XP, keep doing bountys, craft Cain set and whatever the other set is with XP gain and wear that. Keep doing bounties to 61 then start rifts to farm death breaths. Soon as 70 do bounties flat out to get all crafting recipes, make a powerful weapon ASAP. Preferably ancient which isn't that hard to do.

It's pretty easy if you do the right things.

I was at paragon 450 with stash space achieved about 40 hours 7 weeks in, all solo.

I expect season 6 to be even easier and faster.

This pretty much sums up one of the quickest ways to level at the start of a Season.

Around level 42 and 60 remember to also craft high level weapons with Reduced Level Requirement. This power spike should enable you to increase the difficulty up to Master or even Torment 1-4 and be comfortable. If leveling in a group it only takes 1-2 people with one of these crafted weapons in order to bump up the difficulty.
Start the season on Master and if Zoltan Kulle bounty is there go straight to him and kill him at level 1. It shouldn't be too hard and that should get you to level 3 plus a good chance at rare items and gems in the demonic cache. Then lower ten difficulty to hard for a full cycle of bounties and rifting until about level 20. Then campaign until you get Leoric's Crown, make sure you didn't get a Skeleton King bounty before this point, if you do remake the game before starting the cycle of bounties. At level 42 you can craft rare gear with - level requirement. Always keep your best Ruby in your Leoric's Crown and use Cain's set for the experience boost.
04/20/2016 09:17 AMPosted by TimberWolf

Wrong. Adventure Mode is available to every seasonal player, regardless of whether they unlocked adventure mode in non-season.

However, be warned that, once the season ends, you will be locked out of adventure mode until you complete the campaign.

Or find someone with the Malthael waypoint in story mode so you can kill him and unlock the game. Once you kill him (even if you joined someone else's game to do it), adventure mode is unlocked.
I usually do one round of bounties and switch to rifts if all in one game.
04/20/2016 09:17 AMPosted by TimberWolf

Yep. This is correct. We always see a few posts after season end from new folks who were Season only about being locked to Campaign non Season. While there is down time, like now, running a char through campaign to permanently unlock it (and maybe do Achievements/hunt staff parts) is worth it.
there is a faster way to get to 70.

but it take 2 acct to do it but I'll just keep it to myself

I can get to 70 in 15--25 mints.
04/20/2016 10:32 AMPosted by Evil
there is a faster way to get to 70.

but it take 2 acct to do it but I'll just keep it to myself

I can get to 70 in 15--25 mints.

Gee I guess you win. Thanks for the help. You just won the internet!
I also use bounties. Gives me a few mats for the cube at the same time in case I find some items to strip. About 5-6 hours that way. But I don't care how fast I get there, since I'm not competing with anyone.