D3 is such a fast Paced Game now

General Discussion
Games never been about efficiency. Its about either how lucky you are or how many hours you invest. Because you need gear to be efficinet. In some ways the game deaign actually encorages botting.
I don't like that part of the game either. It's not fun once you get to that point. End game is seriously flawed. You basically either have a set or you don't. With a set you are in T10, without it you are doing T1. What's the point of T2 - T9 if they are not needed. And T10 is way behind what people can do. People literally fly through T10 these days, so if your build isn't one of those "speed builds", you are not invited. DH M6 build... don't bother, I'm sure many others.

Great reason to play seasons, it's fun if you don't try too hard to gear out.
05/02/2016 02:05 PMPosted by MasterJay
I guess we have to agree to disagee, while I agree with you that the GR system does work in a power vacuum for the GR system it doesn't work for the overall game anymore. S1 and S2 had T6 at max and that lasted all of S3 where we needed TX. Then S4 was feeling okay then S5 started to get the wow this is getting crazy feeling again then S6 Nooope!
But this proves my point EXACTLY. It's not GRifts that cause powercreep at all.

You're citing T6 and TX - which are static difficulties. They DON'T work precisely because they are static. As the power creep bar moves, they cease to become relevant. This patch, T6 was a brief stop on lv 40-70 for me. Once I hit 70 and gained access to the higher Tiers, I never went back to T6. There was no reason.

For GRifts, it's much different. That system works with any kind of powercreep, including no creep at all.
Yeah, I'm not wild about things eventually being a matter of playing a super-fast build or being left in the dust. Unfortunately, part of this is a direct result of our endgame being a timed environment. Create something where hyper-mobility isn't as important, but the rewards are just as good, and we might finally see some variance in builds (aside from some obviously needing help from the design end). The fact we also get conquests like killing all the bosses under 20m is indicative of just how out of touch the devs really are when it comes to mobility/efficacy between classes.
Personally if you want to farm TX then maybe get a separate set of gear that is intended for farming in a fun way and not just go for maximum damage. Movement speed boosts are intended for getting away from danger and speed farming isn't the intended combat. Unless you are determined to keep playing hardheaded find a way that suits your objective. Take a value approach and be less about one set of gear to be the best at everything.

Yup I think that about covers everything.
Feels more like a racing simulator than ARPG.
Stopped playing, games boring. Playing other games that have better pvp. Virtually no reason to play this game. Zero end game incentives. They need to focus more on Pvp if they want to make farming feel more rewarding. Pretty crazy for a game in this day and age to stray so far away from the Pvp aspect. Pve is just too hallow to place all your eggs in... Oh well, back to DS3.

Hell you can't even trade items in game and its a PVE exclusive game. (in game drop sharing does not count) So pathetic.
Once you get T10 on farm status, seems like the only thing left to do is get it faster, and do higher rifts. The result is rift farming groups for efficiency are extremely fast - click fast, use moves that help you run fast. If I don't do it this way it seems like I'm wasting my game time. But it's definitely not a relaxing gaming experience for me.

I don't remember D2 being such a fast paced game, and earlier versions of D3 weren't all about speed runs either. Maybe I'm just getting older (34 years old), but after doing t10 speed rifts for a couple hours my heads spinning.

I was wondering does anybody else notice this too? Or am I just playing more efficiently now and has it always been like this (not talking about last few seasons but earlier D3).

You bring up valid points.
So let me first say this isn't a complaint or disagreement, just a humorous notation.

I just wanted to say, I don't think DIABLO is supposed to be a "relaxing experience". :)
Since I play D3 i'm mostly playing solo. Just because I can't keep up with the other people. I still like to open chests, wreck stuff, explore.
I play bounties in groups, just because it is +/- solo if it is split.
So for me the game is not fast paced, I decide how I play it and that is at ease.
I'm working towards getting chapter 4 done. That will take a while. But hey, the season is running for another 3 months. I really would hate If I get everything done within a couple of days.
I'm trying to build up an frienlist with people who like to play at ease. And no rush. Thats not easy ;)
You were right, OP!
Actually, the most fun was when you start a new char, then get him/her to level 70, then Paragon 1 - 250. At that moment, every item you find, you have a chance to equip it to your char and you see some improvement!

Later on, it was less and less fun!
In a well balanced game it would like this:
(s) = slow moving build
(f) = fast moving build
t = time to kill a monster
m = time spend moving

t(s) + m(s) = t(f) + m(f)

which means, if a build has very high mobility, then it has lower DPS than the low mobility build in order to balance those 2 builds out.
05/02/2016 01:21 PMPosted by Lobsterbash
I'm surprised that game developers like Blizzard don't bust out statistics on these forums and how to use it for good decision making in game development

Because forum views don't necessarily represent the best ideas that can turn into more money.
05/02/2016 12:25 PMPosted by Shanso
05/01/2016 09:57 AMPosted by Anagram8
Once you get T10 on farm status, seems like the only thing left to do is get it faster, and do higher rifts. The result is rift farming groups for efficiency are extremely fast - click fast, use moves that help you run fast. If I don't do it this way it seems like I'm wasting my game time. But it's definitely not a relaxing gaming experience for me.
Comes down to what you think the game should bring you. Efficiency at the cost of fun, or just let go and enjoy whatever you're doing?

I chose to go solo exclusively for that exact reason. Running endlessly to maximise the rewards felt too much like my job. I play at my own pace. Took me 6 hours to level my HC toon to 70. So what?

True dat, +10 !

Sometimes I have fun running like a crazy, sometimes I like to open chest, pick up mats and breaking breakables.
D2 was about playing fast. Everyone was trying to cap fcr to Tele fast and cast more spells.

The problem in d3 isn't the speed. Its the power creep. We went from hey dude I got a 15 mill crit to. Hey dude 60 mill crit. To hey dude 150 million crit. To hey dude 15 billion crit bruh.

Simply put the power creep makes it feel like it's normal not t10. Hence why we stack so much movement now..
05/01/2016 09:57 AMPosted by Anagram8

I don't remember D2 being such a fast paced game, and earlier versions of D3 weren't all about speed runs either. Maybe I'm just getting older (34 years old), but after doing t10 speed rifts for a couple hours my heads spinning.

I was wondering does anybody else notice this too? Or am I just playing more efficiently now and has it always been like this (not talking about last few seasons but earlier D3).

Initially as the season starts I am running around as fast as I can speed farming everything. Eventually I get to the earned stash space and I go back to my casual speed game style on Non-season where I am Paragon 1000+ and enjoy the speed I like with Real Life Friends that play D3. The meta is to fast for us 40+ olds that are just looking for some enjoyment between work, kids and mowing the yard.
I was booted from a game for "going too fast" in a T4 rift before my set was complete.. and I was just trying to catch up to the dude who had his set flying ahead of everyone -- but I was the one kicked out.. lol

Kick votes need to be fixed. If the player is IN the rift and moving, it shouldn't be allowed.. They should only be applicable if the person has been in town for ~5 minutes or elsewhere besides the location the group is in.
the game is in shambles what can you do
It is, but you can enjoy it. I usually run my rifts fast, but I dont close a rift, and immediately open the next. I take my time to check my drops, throw the mats in the stash and whatnot.

Sometimes I find a rift level I am enjoying, like those big and wide open maps, and I dont even care if Ive killed the Guardian already, Im probably going to clear the entire level. Grifts on the other hand are a different story

The only reason you could see me chain-completing speed t10 rifts would be if I were farming grift keys to level gems
I miss the days when you actually *progressed* through the various difficulty settings, where stepping up another Torment notch was something you earned. Seems these days, there are only ~3 settings. Leveling to 70 (T1). Just reached 70 (T7). And Greater Rift farming (T10). All the settings in between are almost entirely pointless. They fade in and right back out again at blinding speeds.
05/03/2016 02:43 AMPosted by Steenpuist
Since I play D3 i'm mostly playing solo. Just because I can't keep up with the other people. I still like to open chests, wreck stuff, explore.
I play bounties in groups, just because it is +/- solo if it is split.
So for me the game is not fast paced, I decide how I play it and that is at ease.
I'm working towards getting chapter 4 done. That will take a while. But hey, the season is running for another 3 months. I really would hate If I get everything done within a couple of days.
I'm trying to build up an frienlist with people who like to play at ease. And no rush. Thats not easy ;)

if ur the kind of gur/girl/it that plays rift slowly without rushing past by every trash and just fcking kill rg and close rift then hit me up. I play and i explore every noooks and crooks of rifts and open world. I hate rushing, absolutely abhore it, also the reason why i play solo since i cant find anyone these days that wont stop !@#$%ing about efficiency and speed runs. hit me up we can do chill runs together.