Crown of Thorns 2.4.1 (S&B)

Barbarian
nm I thought this was Clown of Thorns.

(jk jk)

PotatoKing
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yscaDkzHqek

;)
I don`t see the "critics" come up with their versions or different builds. Keep pushing minus, it`s all you can do - pffff...
05/06/2016 12:09 PMPosted by Ignacius2002
I don`t see the "critics" come up with their versions or different builds. Keep pushing minus, it`s all you can do - pffff...

Thx for the support brother, mean a lot,
So I found an ancient Nailbiter and Neanderthal, both roll with Thorns. I haven't done any testing since I just found them. This may turn out to be the poor mans Frenzy/Thorns with an emphasis on Taunt. This remind me of the time when Chevrolet created the Nova for those who could not afford the Camaro. This setup will not have speed on its side but will hit harder, I believe.
My raw Thorns on character profile is currently at 86,000.

Plus another 8,000 Nailbiter and 38,000 from topaz will be put me 132,000.

I'm still missing 9,000 from chest and 9,000 amy (Total would then be at 150,000).

I also need ancient Thorn bracers.

Nailbiter and Neanderthal with IAS, STR, and +% damage would be ideal.

What do you guys think?

-1er, what say you?

Let me guess, -1.
Can't wait to try this build next SS.
05/10/2016 05:33 AMPosted by ItsLong
Can't wait to try this build next SS.

Looky here, a true believer! Can I call you Stan?

Going to try something different. Equip Hack (non-ancient :/ ) that rolled w/ 97% and cube Bastions.
05/03/2016 06:08 AMPosted by KingBenjamin
Builds on my wishlist:

SnB
Weapon Throw
Pet
and bringing back ma HotA

I am actually playing around and testing a Weapon Throw build, but still tweaking it and looking to improve the gear/gems before I come here with it. Don't seeing it being better or even on par with the current top builds, but could be fun.
Awesome bro!

You come back and share your finds.

+1

And don't mind -1er, I took care of him for you.

;)
Just changed this build to DW. You can chk my character profile for details. I just cleared GR 67 in a little over 11 minutes and I forgot to put on Nemesis bracer. 67 is a personal best for me. This may be a good alternative for those who can't get the right pieces for LoN. Its got great mobility through FC. And I really think that TS: GH is going to beat out WC: Impunity, due to the FC mobility. I'll touch more on it tomorrow.

;)
05/11/2016 09:12 PMPosted by DieHard
Just changed this build to DW. You can chk my character profile for details. I just cleared GR 67 in a little over 11 minutes and I forgot to put on Nemesis bracer.

So I ran into something interesting this morning while playing. I switched to Nemesis (in place of Sanguinary) and fell behind in a GR 64. I was barley able to stay ahead of the timer and would then fall even with the timer. I must have killed I must have killed about 7 - 9 Elites by mid point. I think there's something viable with Taunt.
Ok, so I'm seeing that Taunt is pretty solid and I've been jumping back and forth from Shield to DW. I just cleared GR 68 in 12:45 with no survivability issues with use the Shield. I think what I need to do is throw on some CDR on helm and shoulders for TS: Demoralize. I'm going to drop Sheshron's (didn't seem to need it) from cube and replace it Nemesis.

Edit: What's nice about this is that you don't have to single out Elites. You can actually take on dense mobs and reap gains from it.
I had a knew thought. A GR has plenty of Elites and mobs to advance the timer, it's just a matter of kill them both efficiently. So in stead of cubing Nemesis, I'll cube String of Ears and put CDR on helm, shoulders, and Shield. This will allow me to take more damage and give more damage through Sanguinary and TS: Demoralize.

Does any know how Crowd Control limitations will negatively impact TS: Demoralize?

EDIT: My Main Hand ASP clocks at 2.37, which does a great amount of damage and supports great sustain.
The build on most aspects is pretty basic like any build...
Trade defense for damage and vice-versa

-Do you feel u take to much dmg? ok try go with the shield...
((if u can..if cant look at gems and passives for defense ofc..until u are comfortable with play-stile and learned it))

-Do u feel u don't have enough damage and want to do more damage? then equip hack and cube 10stack of frenzy

Because this are the important things for you
And ofc meeting the breakpoints with right amount of attack speed

The micro skills using with CDR and etc is all on whatever you feel like and see happens in your grift, because there are different maps and different type of mobs, so gg fishing

Some mobs would not attack fast and steady u even if u just now did cast on them first time the "TAUNT" cuz they are programmed to behave like that
-Hit you once then circle around like a headless chicken for 5 sec then remember they need to attack you again
-Or simply programmed so they attack you not faster than a certain period
-Other types will attack you always no mater what because they go on lock-on for you and so on

Ofc u also need to be sure why is that u need that defense?
-is because u simply stay in fire when should not?
-seen that hugeass animation coming from a mile away and u should move and could move away but dint?
-or because u get steadily damaged and cant out-heal dmg fast enough?

I understand your fixation for SNB to a certain point...but for love of god there are build where that is useless and others where is usefull

-U need to understand where from comes the dmg of the build
((Yes you probably will say right away u know it, but think again and again and again and AGAIN
and like i said before even conan until now still fails to grasp some basic of thorns info))
-U need to right away understand when some skills/changesare simply useless for that build and bring more harm than benefits

In a normal crit based build u still could get help from shield because it still brings you 10% CHC even if u lose the CHD in socket that goes to weapon
In this hack build that all damage comes only from thorns, and is only from "PROC" thorns, using SNB and Loosing Bastion and thorns gem in offhand and extra attack speed all together is REALLY a LOT to lose and nearly 0 gained

PS: And u should use Endless walk combo here with COE for max damage and also can use BOM ring for defense
PPS: and throw away and burn it to ashes that crap ruthless in a thorns build
As always, Good stuff.

05/17/2016 03:58 AMPosted by Enoone
PS: And u should use Endless walk combo here with COE for max damage and also can use BOM ring for defense

I'll try this.

05/17/2016 03:58 AMPosted by Enoone
PPS: and throw away and burn it to ashes that crap ruthless in a thorns build

You got me thinking that could use Brawler and benefit from it more.

Sanguinary is a beast. I tried to mimic Conan's build but saw that doesn't work with IK, but S&B seems to.

Thx bro!