Patch 2.5.: Dedicated Quiver for DH S6 pls!

General Discussion
Similar to the Dead Man's Legacy for the UE set the Shadow Set needs an accompanying quiver for Impale!

Why? Because the Shadow is still the weakest and besides it is simply unfair that the UE has one and the S6 not! ;)

Suggestion:
Quiver: Holy Point Shot
1. Increases Impale damage by 75-100%
2. Edit: Orange: If Impale hit an elite FOR THE FIRST TIME your next shot against the same target is treated as if it is the first!*

+which means wearing the full Shadow Set with S6 you get another 40.000% additional weapon damage on the second shot against the same elite!

Please give the Shadowe DH some meat to catch up with the next patch!
Thx in advance!
Erm, correct me if I'm wrong, but the orange affix you suggested doesn't really change anything. Afterall, it doesn't matter how many times do you hit one thing, it just has to be the first thing struck to deal the extra damage granted by 6-piece bonus.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/fletchers-pride
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/holy-point-shot

currently there are 2 quivers without legy-effect and you really have to pick the already useful one for your suggestion? seriously?
They need to change the stupid 6p bonus to not be stupid. The whole problem with Shadow is heaping 90% of its damage onto Impale and then only giving it to ONE target. Like, hello, this entire game is about mass killing as quickly as possible. Not one target at a time. Whose brain dribbled out the ears when coming up with THAT set bonus??
i think invokers crusaders need buffed big time :D jking , yes give some love to the DH
@OP, the problem with your suggestion is it makes the S6's strength even stronger and it maintains its weakness, which is AOE.

I'd rather it be an off hand that said something like "When you kill an enemy with Impale, their corpse explodes into a fan of knifes". This would help remedy the AOE problem that S6 has and instead of another boost to Impale, make the 75-100% boost to Fan of Knifes instead.
I think op doesn´t understand the 6p bonus. It deals 40k% wd to the first enemy hit by impale, not the first time you hit an enemy
I think they should almost rework the whole set.

I think the two piece bonus should be...

Your damage is increased 1200% when using a melee weapon and you can dual wield melee weapons.

The 4 piece could stay as is, I suppose unless someone has a better suggestion.

And the six piece might be something like...

Impaled enemies take 4000% more damage.

That last one would make AoE skills like Spike Trap, bolas, and grenades and Fan of Knives more powerful, helping out the group damage while keeping the set sort of an Impale based set.

Just a thought.

I personally see nothing wrong with my suggestion but maybe you folks could come with better ones.
05/14/2016 04:03 PMPosted by Idolis

Your damage is increased 1200% when using a melee weapon and you can dual wield melee weapons.

So I like the concept of the set, and considering it basically WAS just reworked maybe not asking them to start all over... but this is what I thin it needs. Not a specific quiver, but a dual wield option.

They made 2 melee weapons specifically for S6, lord greenstones and karlies (sp?) point, but they also made Dawn so fantastic it's a requirement for all DHs. Since you can't wield dawn it gets cubed, and you have to choose 1 dagger/sword and a pointless quiver? Open the offhand to a second weapon, or even a 1h crossbow and it opens a whole new avenue of choices and builds.
05/14/2016 09:53 AMPosted by LostSoul
They need to change the stupid 6p bonus to not be stupid. The whole problem with Shadow is heaping 90% of its damage onto Impale and then only giving it to ONE target. Like, hello, this entire game is about mass killing as quickly as possible. Not one target at a time. Whose brain dribbled out the ears when coming up with THAT set bonus??

Unfortunately, this is true. Numbers have spiraled to such ludicrous dimensions that even a 40k% damage to impale can't make single target remotely viable.
05/14/2016 04:16 PMPosted by zaknafien
but they also made Dawn so fantastic it's a requirement for all DHs.

and there's the issue.... vengeance + dawn should be nerfed or everything else drastically buffed....
Are most of you really so dumb (SORRY) that you are only able to imagine ONE sort of gameplay, namely "pull together + kill masses with AoE"? WHy not play wiz then (as everybody else because there is no (competitive) alternative?) Here is a chance for adding a variation in gameplay, do you really not see it?

Ok, if there is anybody who at least wants to try to look further::
S6 is the embodiment of Single target: That's the bonus! Hit = 40k additional dmage to ONE target! Blizzard clearly envisioned it that way: High profile single target assassin!

BUT: Unfortunately it seems that Blizzard had a cool idea with the impressive high damage number (poser!) but did not fully thought it through!

To work 2 important conditions must be met:
1. Improve possible supporters' abilities to spread out / single out monsters
--> (instead of pulling together!)
2. Impale has to get enormous single target damage to enable the S6 DH to kill elites quite faster than the AoE chars (e.g. twister Wiz) (REASON: DH S6 progress from (more or less only) elites has to equal AoE progress which includes (loads of) trash (more progress!) which in result means that the DH S6 has to kill a few more elites during a GR in comparison!!! Logical!)

Regarding my suggestions: 1. is a no-brainer in line with the UE treatment*! For the 2md I am not sure if that would be enough already, of course things have to be tested properly! Whatever 2. would be it must be a decisive mighty affix to fulfill condition 2!

*whatever quiver you want to choose for it!
Basically I opted for "Holy Point Shot" because the Name is exactly what the set/gameplay is supposed to be about! And, yes, even with the 20% bonus elemental it is absolutely useless without an orange affix, there is no need to choose another quiver!
Personally what I feel S6 needs is a buffed Spines of Seething Hatred. Add a significant amount of skill damage and a 50% Chakram attack speed bonus. You'd be able to do some not so insignificant AOE while generating hatred for your impales. Just my two coppers.