reaper of soul's story felt too lackluster

Lore and Story
I think it's mostly cus cain and leah were killed off. especially can. killed in act 2? I think Jay Wilson was just jealous of the diablo 2 team's success so he killed him off just to spite them.

But it wasn't enough. Killing 1 main character pointlessly wasn't enough for him. He doubled it and also killed leah.
05/11/2016 01:47 AMPosted by Enigma
killed in act 2?

Act 1.
ROS is act five...
you really need to get your facts right if you wanna complain. otherwise you make yourself look like an idiot
05/11/2016 01:59 AMPosted by Kev
killed in act 2?

Act 1.

yeah that's what i meant.
I think it's mostly cus cain and leah were killed off. especially can. killed in act 2? I think Jay Wilson was just jealous of the diablo 2 team's success so he killed him off just to spite them.

But it wasn't enough. Killing 1 main character pointlessly wasn't enough for him. He doubled it and also killed leah.

you have no idea what you are talking about do you ?
05/11/2016 03:20 AMPosted by Mokum

of course i know what i'm talking about... ive played diablo 3 since 2009...
Because killing off characters = hatred for predecessors?

Cain was like, Yoda age at that point.

And we all KNEW something was up with Leah when she had her "Not-quite Super Saiyan" moment trying to save him.
05/11/2016 03:25 AMPosted by Enigma

and yet you think Cain was killed in RoS ????
05/11/2016 03:45 AMPosted by Hardonails

and yet you think Cain was killed in RoS ????

reading is hard... he said act 2. its still wrong, but that doesnt make you right either.

05/11/2016 03:38 AMPosted by NewAgeDoom
Because killing off characters = hatred for predecessors?

Cain was like, Yoda age at that point.

And we all KNEW something was up with Leah when she had her "Not-quite Super Saiyan" moment trying to save him.

i agree. i mean Cain was old in D2, like ancient.
05/11/2016 03:20 AMPosted by Mokum

I thought Diablo 3 was released in 2012.

Anyway, even you don't like Cain got killed, what is this about RoS?
Some of you guys are being a little unfair. Killing off Cain and Leah was a little stupid. Especially the way Cain dies. The when and how are a big factor as to why that was so stupid. Leah, she wasn't nearly as bad, I just saw it as a waste of a new character that had a lot of potential for development.

Also, I think it is fair to call the whole game RoS, it isn't like it is the same game it was before RoS, so... Yeah, the same names and assets are used, and the same story plot, but game play wise, it is almost a totally different game.

Ever since this game has been released people have been pointing out that the team that Blizzard assigned to work on Diablo 3 are flat out NOT as talented as the people who created the Diablo franchise. Its undeniable. Jay Wilson and whatever blizzard's lead writer's name is, are a toxic combination.

Killing Cain was pretty spiteful. And saying that "Cain was like Yoda-Age" in order to justify killing him is just silly and unimaginative.

As for Leah (*barfs*) she was created by Jay Wilson and Whatshisname the Lead Writer. As a character, she's gratuitous, she's weird and creepy, and she's annoying. I say; Good riddance to rubbish, she should have been the first to die.
Cain dying was dramatic but I think the reason it wasn't liked is because Magda looks so silly.

Compare Maghda with other villains and she is the worst in the series. Just for an example, The Butcher was the first boss in D1 and he had tons of buildup and menace. Everyone in the village was affected by him and his reveal was really ghastly. Magda and her followers just came across as buffoons.