Quin69 and Alkaizer interested in Solo Self Found event

General Discussion
Today I suggested on Quin's stream that Diablo 3 should have a solo self found or True Solo option. (Here's what I mean: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20420202352#1)

He said in about a month he would help organize streamers to compete in a solo self found hardcore event. This is awesome, but the real question is why the game doesn't already have this option.

(The major Path of Exile streamers, including Quin, organized a community created event where you can only play solo and use self found gear. Diablo is already set up for half of this as there is no trading).

Currently in D3 you can take all the benefits of group play, and then dominate the solo ladders. Climbing the solo ladders is really a farce for people that play 95%-100% of the season solo. This sucks as climbing the ladder and comparing myself and my achievements to others is the only thing I find appealing about D3.

Before you get triggered, note that I'm not advocating changing anything about the current set up, just adding a new play style. Just add one extra check box, and corresponding ladders for HC and SC.

The path of exile event had well over 1000 people playing just as a community made event, I guarantee that there would be massive appeal for this game mode.
Highly Rated
Geez, I really wish I could, but the developers told me I like to group. I mean, it seems like I would really really like this, but I dunno the developers say I like grouping more though.
The idea of "making" d3 self found is kinda hilarious given bind on account. SSF is interesting for poe because you disable trading which completely changes the game. For d3 it is just playing solo. Which people already do.
05/01/2016 09:06 AMPosted by ladish
For d3 it is just playing solo. Which people already do.

Sure, the point is that you aren't restricted to solo, so everyone on the leaderboard is actually a pseudo-solo player as they can take all the benefits of grouping (bounties, boosting, gem leveling, exp grind, etc.) and then climb the solo ladders.

SSF or True Solo would disable that and you'd be truly competing against only other solo-only players.
All this hassle over leaderboards and they don't matter at all. I love all these people who think they'd be somehow better on their own against the same group of people. You'd still get crushed day one on the solo leaderboards by a pro gamer and then you'd find something else to cry about.
It'd be cool, but what we really need is a leaderboard search filter for paragon and gem (enchantment) level. Adding something like this doesn't require any coding of a new mode and doesn't force anyone to play a certain way. It just lets people compare their GR progression with other comparable players.
Good idea for next season? Might make things a bit more interesting.
"Solo self found event" ... That's just the normal game for me. lol
You already ruined trading, do you want to make an online only game a single player only game too?

Seriously, just get the balancing worked out so the group advantage isn't 15 times greater... Then you can set up your own little rules about how you enjoy to play.
I dont care how hard they push this group "meta" and having you go with this MMO-esque 3 support 1 dps, I'm not playing in groups. Period.

This would be up my alley because I play solo.
05/01/2016 09:32 AMPosted by Crayons
All this hassle over leaderboards and they don't matter at all. I love all these people who think they'd be somehow better on their own against the same group of people. You'd still get crushed day one on the solo leaderboards by a pro gamer and then you'd find something else to cry about.

What are you talking about?
There is nothing " pro" or "mad skilz" about grouping. You get more exp and loot, end of story.
05/01/2016 04:07 PMPosted by ManicManiac
05/01/2016 09:32 AMPosted by Crayons

What are you talking about?
There is nothing " pro" or "mad skilz" about grouping. You get more exp and loot, end of story.

It is until Blizzard says otherwise. The game is centered around group GRs now and that's the way it's going to stay because that's how they think we enjoy the game.
You don't play your own game, you are just a slave, you play what developers want.This is Diablo right now.
I have always played solo, group/Blizzard way, is cheese mode.
Question... how is Paragon 800+ and GR 80's Solo all within 25hrs of play even possible "legit"???

That's UNDER 2days! HOW does someone get high paragon in under 2days???
How many people are true solo though? If you ever been in a game with another player you can't call yourself a true solo. Ever run bounties with others? Not true solo. Ever run some rifts with others? Not true solo
05/01/2016 08:54 AMPosted by Haldrin
He said in about a month he would help organize streamers to compete in a solo self found hardcore event.
(The major Path of Exile streamers, including Quin, organized a community created event where you can only play solo and use self found gear. Diablo is already set up for half of this as there is no trading).

I guess he really, really enjoyed his SSF PoE experience.

The path of exile event had well over 1000 people playing just as a community made event, I guarantee that there would be massive appeal for this game mode.

Probably, but Blizzard are 100% committed to pushing D3 as a mainly-multiplayer online game, so I'd advise against holding your breath while you wait for this one.

05/01/2016 09:00 AMPosted by KeiserSoze
Geez, I really wish I could, but the developers told me I like to group. I mean, it seems like I would really really like this, but I dunno the developers say I like grouping more though.

QFT. LOL. +1.
05/02/2016 04:14 AMPosted by Antag
Question... how is Paragon 800+ and GR 80's Solo all within 25hrs of play even possible "legit"???

Group GR's at the highest they can do over and over. Once a group gets fully geared up you can do T10 rifts in a couple minutes for between 20 and 30 keys per hour average and then pushing higher and higher GR's for the next hour. Between the higher drop rates on higher difficulty and Kanai's Cube it is easy to get geared up. Some players had finished Conqueror for the stash tab in 22 hours of game play (it is insane in my opinion but if you really want it).
It sounds cool, but does Blizzard want us playing this way ?
05/02/2016 07:46 AMPosted by Khord
05/02/2016 04:14 AMPosted by Antag

Group GR's at the highest they can do over and over. Once a group gets fully geared up you can do T10 rifts in a couple minutes for between 20 and 30 keys per hour average and then pushing higher and higher GR's for the next hour. Between the higher drop rates on higher difficulty and Kanai's Cube it is easy to get geared up. Some players had finished Conqueror for the stash tab in 22 hours of game play (it is insane in my opinion but if you really want it).

True that....but over 800+ paragon under in 25hrs? o.O if that's even possible, I hope the ambulance is sitting outside the door for the clowns sitting for that long without taking a breath or a bathroom break for that matter!