Feminine Diablo

Lore and Story
05/09/2016 09:40 PMPosted by Crit
Also, didn't start out as a troll topic.

It's General Discussions forum. It's the Cleveland Browns of forums.
05/09/2016 04:16 PMPosted by Crit
Demons have neither gender, nor need for an anatomy

In another story, surely. In warhammer, for example, Demons are pure energy, taking shapes at will. Any lasting physical body is just an unfortunate living being distorted to fit their purpose. They don't reproduce, they split their essence, sacrificing a bit of power to create a new being, slaved to the original.

Diablo lore pretty much states demons and angels have physical bodies. Every lore recorded, by mankind or angels says so. They are living things, with an immortal essence. When "dead" they are lost to nothingness, and they need to restore their form in hell or heaven to properly exist again. Heaven and Hell are real, physical realms too, just like Sanctuary. All three were created from a part of the original deity. You have no proof, no basis to say the opposite.

Angels and demons made the nephalem like any other living creature produces offspring. They did not split their own power. Humans descended from those nephalem, so where would human genitals come from?

Are you that grossed out by babymaking?

Just accept the lore as it is. There are plenty of other fantasy worlds that work differently. Diversity is good.

Once again; Saying the opposite will not make it true.
i want more sexier demons !!!!! Please make this happen !!!
Diablo is now a female.

1. She has breasts
2. Watch the cutscene at the beginning of act 4, thats one feminine sexy walk into the high heavens.
Well, fair enough. The meat of my theory, as it were, is more about the fact that Diablo can certainly have the power to appear female if he so wishes, and perhaps he would if it were to inflict emotional turmoil on a victim.

That one sentence, not even that important to the overall theory, that Diablo was making himself appear female to be an evil monster, is the one thing viciously mocked, as though people either didn't read or understand the whole of my theory. It stands up, even assuming that first sentence is completely wrong.

I'll not fight anybody on the "cannon gender" of the demons anymore. Read the rest of the theory and realize that that one little snippet isn't even important to the rest of the overall theory.

Though, on that note, a better way to put it, from Ghostbusters.

"What is that?" "It's Gozer" "I thought Gozer was a man" "It's whatever it wants to be".

Are you that grossed out by babymaking?

Not grossed out by it in the slightest, but it doesn't change the fact that in a fictional universe, fictional beings may have different methods of pro creation.

The past time on this forum is finding anything that can tear apart an entire post. "Holy !@#$, his period's in the wrong place, get him". There has been not one reply to the real theory of Diablo using shape changing magic to take on an appearance for the sole purpose of hitting the emotions of his targets, which is really what the post was about.
05/10/2016 09:19 AMPosted by Crit
There has been not one reply to the real theory of Diablo using shape changing magic to take on an appearance for the sole purpose of hitting the emotions of his targets, which is really what the post was about.

That's because no one cares. That's also why your thread in the Lore forums has received no reply.

No one cares.
[quote][/quote]

05/10/2016 09:31 AMPosted by BobWitchDR
05/10/2016 09:19 AMPosted by Crit
There has been not one reply to the real theory of Diablo using shape changing magic to take on an appearance for the sole purpose of hitting the emotions of his targets, which is really what the post was about.

That's because no one cares. That's also why your thread in the Lore forums has received no reply.

No one cares.

You care enough to post a post saying that "no one cares."

05/09/2016 09:00 PMPosted by BobWitchDR
05/09/2016 08:50 PMPosted by Crit
I think I've proven that people in general discussion fail theology 101.

Nope. All you've proven is that you think video game demonology, fiction on top of fiction, is something that's supposed to be taken seriously. You may as well argue about leprechauns and whether or not they believe in Santa Claus.

Actually this is a Theological discussion and is not so much taken "seriously" as it is taken as an actual intellectual discussion, a fact that seems lost on you and everyone else who thinks this is a troll post.
I never said it was a troll post. I said it should be taken to the lore forum if the OP wants it to be taken seriously.

As far as theology, no. You're discussing video game lore that's been pieced together from various ideas writers find interesting. This isn't theological in nature, only in appearance. You're discussing fictional theology which, as I said before, is fiction on top of fiction. If that's your thing, fine, but don't get high and mighty when no one else cares to take it seriously. Caring about Diablo's gender is a lot like caring about the attrition rate at Hogwarts.
First you say this isn't a Theological discussion, then you say it is, so which is it? No one is getting "high and mighty" about anything. I am merely pointing out that you wouldn't know an intellectual discussion if it rose up and bit you on the !@#. You continue to post demeaning remarks in this thread to create argument for arguments sake when the original poster has moved it to a different section, the reasoning being that you disagree with his theory. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with someones ideas or opinions, but instead of engaging in lively debate, serious or not, and offering an opposing opinion, which was the reason for the thread in the first place, you post belittling comments and incorrect assumptions that "no one cares."
Diablo's body is formed by its host.

So in Diablo 1 it's Albrecht, a small boy, who is possessed and Diablo grows from. So it's a smaller body but with demon characteristics.

In Diablo 2 it's the warrior (later named Aiden) who defeated Diablo in the first game who is possessed by Diablo and slowly grows to a larger and has much bigger muscles.

In Diablo 3 it's Leah a seemingly scrawny girl, who was conceived with parts of Diablo's soul (through her farther Aiden) and the gift of magic from mother (Adria the Witch). But the fact that the host body is a girl makes for a more girlish demonized body.

Demons don't have genders as such, and neither do angels, they also do not reproduce as they are immortal. However they can be distinguished by certain gender traits that are based on the stature and symbol. But in short all are referred to as males because English has no real word for non-gender.

Now if you are banished from either Hell or Heaven, your body will take a gender form on the middle plane (Which is where Sanctuary is) and become mortal. Diablo did this during the Sin War, to overwhelm and take power of the middle realm before going to the heavens. But he was defeated and his body destroyed - and so now only his soul remains, which needs a host body to form in the physical plane, and that body determines which gender traits will appear.

Also Demons and angels create beings to work out for them, like the lesser angels and demons, and these cannot reproduce either, that is only a trait of those who exist in the mortal realm. Immortal beings don't make babies they make beings of magic with essences of their souls.
Aren't the Nephalem the result of angels banging demons? Which would require genders? Just sayin
05/12/2016 02:31 PMPosted by Sublux
Aren't the Nephalem the result of angels banging demons? Which would require genders? Just sayin

It would require them "mating" and having offspring yes. However, I put "mating" in quotes because we don't know what that truly entails when it comes to angels and demons. Perhaps the "female" took on a temporary form, or took a portion of the "male's" power. In the bible, Mary was a virgin, in Dogma, the girl was hit by a bolt of lightning and became pregnant.
05/12/2016 02:31 PMPosted by Sublux
Aren't the Nephalem the result of angels banging demons?

No not really. It was an angel and a demon who wanted to be together but couldn't in the realm of demon nor the realm of angels. So they both left their world and came to the middle realm where Sanctuary is. And in this realm their bodies became physical and mortal. And so they created the nephalems and their gender and the vision of love, companionship and propitiation so their love would live on.
05/12/2016 11:44 AMPosted by KiWeN
Demons don't have genders as such, and neither do angels, they also do not reproduce as they are immortal. However they can be distinguished by certain gender traits that are based on the stature and symbol. But in short all are referred to as males because English has no real word for non-gender.
I disagree. It would actually be very simple for the lore to identify angels and demons as genderless, but it doesn't. They have genders and their genders are not limited to Sanctuary and are not defined by Sanctuary. They also predate Sanctuary's creation. Auriel and Andariel are female, Diablo and Imperius are male. It's just the way the lore is. Sorry.

05/12/2016 11:44 AMPosted by KiWeN
Also Demons and angels create beings to work out for them, like the lesser angels and demons, and these cannot reproduce either, that is only a trait of those who exist in the mortal realm. Immortal beings don't make babies they make beings of magic with essences of their souls.

05/12/2016 10:54 PMPosted by Crit
It would require them "mating" and having offspring yes. However, I put "mating" in quotes because we don't know what that truly entails when it comes to angels and demons. Perhaps the "female" took on a temporary form, or took a portion of the "male's" power. In the bible, Mary was a virgin, in Dogma, the girl was hit by a bolt of lightning and became pregnant.

05/13/2016 12:39 PMPosted by KiWeN
No not really. It was an angel and a demon who wanted to be together but couldn't in the realm of demon nor the realm of angels. So they both left their world and came to the middle realm where Sanctuary is. And in this realm their bodies became physical and mortal. And so they created the nephalems and their gender and the vision of love, companionship and propitiation so their love would live on.
Unfortunately we simply don't have enough information to get definitive here. Lilith and Lucion are identified as Mephisto's children, did he mate sexually with a female demon to create them? Maybe, maybe not. We don't know. What we do know is that they're identified as his children. We also know that the Nephalem are identified as the offspring of angels and demons and, since Nephalem do reproduce sexually, it seems likely that they were created through a sexual act. But, again, we don't know which means this debate is largely futile.

As to Diablo possessing female traits, I always believed this had to do with Andariel's inclusion in his new form. I agree with the original post that I doubt Diablo is limited by his host, however, I think it unlikely he would take a vaguely female form for psychological reasons. My first reason for disagreeing is that there simply isn't enough Leah in this form to effectively taunt the Nephalem. My second reason is that this sort of demoralization doesn't seem like Diablo's style. He's the Lord of Terror, not the Lord of Despair.