Still dreaming about COSMIC wings?

General Discussion
Reminds me of SMK hunt those days :)
well cmon now, how many people ended up buying or trading for that one sought after item in D2.

That is how I got my Windforce, darn thing never did drop for me after over a year of trying. Why a year, because my playtime was after work for an hour or 2 everyday and I would just do MF runs trying to get the bow. I did manage to get other great drops, but the bow simply eluded me forever.

RNG is what it is. That and Nilathak was cheap.
With everybody looking for Cosmic Wings which could take YEARS to find, Blizz won't have to release anymore new cosmetics or content. That frees up the D3 team to work on Overwatch.

Brilliant move by them. Cold but brilliant. And the best part, aside from me, is you all are thanking them for something that has a 0.01% chance of being found.
I actually could care less for the Cosmic wings. The only Tmog I really wanted was the rainbow portrait frame and it eludes me still.

I did a massive 9 hour 4 person speed clearing looking for it the day before the season rolled out with no luck. I got lucky and got the stone to drop after 10 tries at Chiltara and made my staff and tried farming for it again still no luck. After all of the hours spent I decided to start keeping track of my runs looking for it. I'm up to 558 runs with out seeing Sir William.

RNGesus hates me.. But I can live with it I guess because I'm still having fun .I just have had to move on from the frame hunt.
06/02/2016 09:53 AMPosted by Warrior
And the best part, aside from me, is you all are thanking them for something that has a 0.01% chance of being found.

You do thank them. Every time you log on.
Wings and transmogs are not build defining nor are they critical for unlocking something in the game. It is ok if they are ultra rare. I'd be very happy if there were dozens of things like pets and wings and transmogs that are ultra rare that no one even knows about until someone gets one in a drop.
This is what you get for asking for things for free and being against the spirit of micro transaction. Blizzard made sure you have to earn it, because they know they don't have to hand it out to you.

If you supported MT in the US server, you would've had it by now for few bucks. What is that, 10 to 30mins work in a minimum wage job?
06/02/2016 07:27 PMPosted by Jsachun
This is what you get for asking for things for free and being against the spirit of micro transaction. Blizzard made sure you have to earn it, because they know they don't have to hand it out to you.

If you supported MT in the US server, you would've had it by now for few bucks. What is that, 10 to 30mins work in a minimum wage job?

I have always been an advocate of micro transaction and this is exactly why!
I am dreaming too. I have told my friends "call me if you find a rainbow goblin". So I have been there many times and still nothing. I want to find those wings and that is a great excitement , but when I do, it will be gone.

More stuff like this... Falcon Wings were very easy.
05/31/2016 12:08 AMPosted by Shark
$500.

Higher than that. Try $600.00 to $1,000.00 That's what I saw one night on one of the America communities I play on.
05/03/2016 01:59 PMPosted by Shivera
The thing is, once you locate a Rainbow Goblin, the only thing that matters is the spawnrate of the mob.
05/03/2016 01:08 PMPosted by rob01
but after +- 40-50 hours of goblin farm only ( 18 rainbows) i still didnt got them.
Okay. So what? Not everything in Diablo 3 needs to be mailed directly to your inbox upon hitting level 70. Some things SHOULD be rare.

sad enough that there are no legendaries anymore that could be considered as 'rare'
Nothing can ever compare to vanilla CE wings.

Cosmic wings, while rare, are not limited in supply.
06/03/2016 01:00 AMPosted by Kydyr
05/31/2016 12:08 AMPosted by Shark
$500.

Higher than that. Try $600.00 to $1,000.00 That's what I saw one night on one of the America communities I play on.

Wow, so much, for real?

Seems that the old times of AH are coming back, now, we're not selling and buying items but cosmetics, only thing different is that Blizzard get $0 out of it.

Why make something so rare that we can put a price tag of $1000 on it?
Blues, please ask that from developers, what were they thinking?
The thing is, once you locate a Rainbow Goblin, the only thing that matters is the spawnrate of the mob.
05/03/2016 01:08 PMPosted by rob01
but after +- 40-50 hours of goblin farm only ( 18 rainbows) i still didnt got them.
Okay. So what? Not everything in Diablo 3 needs to be mailed directly to your inbox upon hitting level 70. Some things SHOULD be rare.

I agree. It's way too easy to obtain anything in this game now. When was the last time anyone ever got excited about getting an item?
Let’s calculate.

Chances of finding Rainbow Goblin = ~2%
Chances of finding Princess Lilian = ~0,5%

Total = 0,01% / Per Goblin

Let’s assume you are willing to kill 1000 Goblins to get your wings.
The formula to calculate is: 1 - ( ( 1 – x ) ^ y )

X = 0,0001
Y = 1000

1 – ( (1 – 0,0001 ) ^ 1000 ) = ~9,5% of Chances.

Rare ≠ Insane. This is not a rewarding system, it’s a lottery.
Already killed Lilian twice. Got the wing twice. Though i also farmed like hell before getting one. I must be a Lilian whisperer lol
06/03/2016 08:04 AMPosted by ThePwet
Already killed Lilian twice. Got the wing twice. Though i also farmed like hell before getting one. I must be a Lilian whisperer lol

Can you send me a lock of your hair?
Typically antagonistic and inflammatory...as if you didn't even read about the guy's struggle with it...

Don't be such a lame-o troll soften up.
06/02/2016 10:17 AMPosted by Agmo
I actually could care less for the Cosmic wings.
If you "could care less," that means that you don't care as little as it is possible for you to care, which means that you actually care some unknown amount, and possibly you care a great deal!

The correct use of the phrase is:

I couldn't care less.

That means that you care as little as it is possible for you to care, probably not at all.
06/02/2016 12:55 PMPosted by Siladil
06/02/2016 09:53 AMPosted by Warrior
And the best part, aside from me, is you all are thanking them for something that has a 0.01% chance of being found.

You do thank them. Every time you log on.
BAH!

We all thanked them for developing the game, and in advance for everything they did after, the day we bought our license to play it.

Nothing we do concerning this game after that moment matters.