Location of Kahzra (Fallen) Pennant?

General Discussion
Prev 1 105 106 107 117 Next
I, for one, would like to give Blizz the benefit of the doubt. The fact of the matter with PTR is that we don't know just how much they tweaked the spawn rate, if there is a series of events needed leading up to the spawn on live that they just changed to test drop rates on PTR or even if they simply moved Graw from some other location.

We simply lack all the facts and I'm willing to keep farming until I get it, whether that's before or after patch. I suppose we'll all see in due time exactly what's going on here.
07/06/2016 08:23 AMPosted by AntBriWes
I, for one, would like to give Blizz the benefit of the doubt. The fact of the matter with PTR is that we don't know just how much they tweaked the spawn rate, if there is a series of events needed leading up to the spawn on live that they just changed to test drop rates on PTR or even if they simply moved Graw from some other location.

We simply lack all the facts and I'm willing to keep farming until I get it, whether that's before or after patch. I suppose we'll all see in due time exactly what's going on here.

Then they should have posted something like: "We removed the puzzle and made the Pennant easier to obtain on the PTR".

But again, how many Bounties are in that Area? Yes, some share the same place, but sometimes you take the wrong side and eventually find the caravan. You also have the Bounty "Free 5 guys" where you have to look at a wider area, or the "Kill Monster X + 100", or all the players looking for Regreb and the King Maker, I don't think he always spawns at the same location, so you have to sweep the area to find him. (Unlike the myst. chest in A5/Cathedral, that is always the same spot).

Same goes with the other 2 transmogs. Barracks Lvl 2 is also a bounty area, full clear Lvl2 and the soldier and his lost friend. Maybe someone broke the barrel without noticing, but many players also look for white items to convert to crafting mats. So at least 1 should have found that crowbar and would have asked "whats this funny thing?" and showed it his friends (Admit it: We all would do that and not go "I keep that hidden, my PRECIOUS.")

There are at least 4 bounties in Arreat crate 1, all where you have to find 1 monster and kill a number of others. There are allso a lot of players who open each chest because of random legs and/or crafting mats.

-> I don't think they are only too rare on live, they are bugged and can't spawn or drop.
I, for one, would like to give Blizz the benefit of the doubt.

Why? How did they earn your hope?

The fact of the matter with PTR is that we don't know just how much they tweaked the spawn rate, if there is a series of events needed leading up to the spawn on live that they just changed to test drop rates on PTR or even if they simply moved Graw from some other location.

That would be the first time ever for such a spawn. I cant name another spawn that ended up in a completely different location than it was on the PTR.

We actually have enough facts to conclude that the CMs dont have the balls to be honest or even remotely open about the crap they pulled here by wasting time of their customer while either ignoring feedback again or not caring and lying about it.

I say it again: If anyone of us would pull that on our work, we would get the boot within days. Shows how blizzard adapted the way of the politicians. Making false promises, screwing the followers and then not feeling responsible.
If blizzard had any current games not connected to battle.net, I would gladly torrent them instead of giving money to them. Just to show them the finger for a change where it really hurts them since they obviously give a crap about loyalty.
I, for one, would like to give Blizz the benefit of the doubt.

After this fiasco, that has to be the dumbest thing said in this thread.
They don't deserve anything, especially for the gong show that took place
with the cosmetics.
Don't know really what to expect anymore; this game changes every patch.
There is nothing wrong with mistakes, without mistakes you can't learn and grow. It appears that corporations however don't realise this and that a little "Mea Culpa" goes a long way to maintaining credibility. The handling of this thread and the issue at hand has damaged Blizzard's credibility in my eyes.
07/06/2016 08:03 PMPosted by Jamie
The handling of this thread and the issue at hand has damaged Blizzard's credibility in my eyes.

Most definitely.

She's right. Regarding it in a objective way, she's absolutely right.

That - of course - won't free Blizz to react in some way. To apologize in some way for misleading us, not sharing information or at least advice us to stop searching for it much earlier.

But we in fact don't know the rates on PTR. Even it was supposed here before, that they maybe just moved Graw to this position for testing proposes.
But yes, we all wait for Blizz's statement, if coming...
Clicked the thread expecting a blue post response last few days, how silly of me.
I am very, very disappointed.

Someone said, that it will be found few hours after patch release. And he was right.

So the only "puzzle" is to wait for patch. And then it's just about to find a specific mob. Same principle as with Ravi Lili White.

It had to be very entertaining to watch community trying to find something, which does not drop.

I feel sad about this...
Its just hit me. The dataminers revealed the information about all the items in patch 2.4.1. In the first week after the patch a list appeared with the pets from the new goblin, the pet from the rare mob and the drop locations of the cosmetic items. The few items left that had no location associated are exactly the items that were missing. The barrel, the pennant, aidans revenge, mace of the crows and steffon's heavy lance. Three of those are now on the PTR, found within days.

But still the CMs claimed "datamining isnt reliable". Actually its more reliable than any blue poster right now. So the question Im pondering about is: why are the CMs not trying to repair this situation?
So next time Blizzard tells us an xmog drop is a "puzzle," that's code for it's not dropping until the next patch. Got it!
07/05/2016 07:05 PMPosted by GodHand
Poor forum F5'ers just crying away non-stop.

You know what's good? If you are wasting your time on the forums, you can't do harm in real life, where it would matter.
07/07/2016 10:04 AMPosted by Zasz
So the question Im pondering about is: why are the CMs not trying to repair this situation?

You ever eat Crow, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Mace of the Crow leaves a knot on your head or somewhere.
I doubt they'll come here and explain or apologize...
07/07/2016 06:13 PMPosted by Frost
I doubt they'll come here and explain or apologize...

Jay never did. If anything, they'll come to the thread and laugh at us like he used to.
No one has ever found the pennant on live game, just 2.4.2 PTR since Graw The Herald was spotted in Stinging Winds on PTR... there is a video of it being spotted too!

YouTube Video of Graw on 2.4.2 PTR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ4DHuLC8Xw
Hi all,

In Patch 2.4.1, we introduced a number of new cosmetic items to the game including a few extremely rare items such as the Cosmic Wings and Rainbow Portrait. Among the items intended to be extremely rare are Steffon’s Heavy Lance, Mace of the Crows, and the Harvest Pennant (also known as the Fallen Pennant). As 2.4.1 unfolded, we were surprised to learn that nobody appeared to have found these items. Weeks passed, we checked and double-checked the data, and ran some internal tests—these items were intended to be rare and hidden, but had we perhaps hidden them too well?

Unfortunately, it turns out we made a mistake. Instead of making the items extremely rare, they did not appear at all. The development team is sorry for this huge misstep on our part—we know that our mistake caused many players to spend hours trying to locate items which we now see in hindsight was a wild goose chase.

How did this happen? Testing something that is intentionally extremely rare means we need to use some dedicated testing techniques. Our team uses a combination of code reviews, simulation and cheat codes to verify functionality. Sometimes things can appear to work correctly in parts, but malfunction when they are put together. For example, in the case of the Pennant, we were able to verify that individual portions of the criteria to obtain the Pennant functioned correctly, but the end to end process resulted in the Pennant being unattainable once the patch went live.

The dev team messed up and we’re sorry. We erroneously told our community team (including Nevalistis) that the Harvest Pennant could drop. We can’t make it right overnight but we’d like to start with two changes:

1. We’ve certainly learned our lesson, and going forward when things are intentionally this rare, we’ll have new testing procedures to make sure a similar mistake doesn’t happen again.
2. Although we cannot provide direct restitution to the individuals affected, we’re going to have a 48-hour Double Blood Shard Community Buff for this weekend.

Wyatt
Thank you Wyatt for taking the time to finally explain what happened and let us know that you are going to improve the process in the future.

Also, really, we don't mind weekend buffs. You can do more of those.
07/08/2016 10:50 AMPosted by Wyatt Cheng
2. Although we cannot provide direct restitution to the individuals affected, we’re going to have a 48-hour Double Blood Shard Community Buff for this weekend.

Wyatt

but you said

01/26/2016 06:31 PMPosted by Wyatt Cheng
Hey guys – just wanted to pop in and say that we don’t have any community buffs planned for this season.

The main reason is the one highlighted by other members of the community - while 2x buffs are super exciting while they’re active, they have negative effects at other times. The biggest is how demoralizing it can feel if you miss out on the community buff. One of the strengths of Diablo is when players feel they can play on their own schedule, when they feel like it. The 2x buffs really detract from a sense that any time is a perfectly good time to play. It can also cause people to burn themselves out trying to get the most out of the buff.

please explain before i become demoralized.
07/08/2016 11:00 AMPosted by VroOmM
please explain before i become demoralized.

No explanation needed. Wyatt's post is very straightforward and understandable. They are humans, too, and we all make mistakes. Also 2x shard buff is not that significant considering the stage of the season.

I would say this was handled very well by Blizzard. Remember that they could just hide and not say anything.