Location of Kahzra (Fallen) Pennant?

General Discussion
Prev 1 106 107 108 117 Next
07/08/2016 10:50 AMPosted by Wyatt Cheng
Wyatt

Thank you very much for the apology and it is totally accepted.
Keep up and keep on, we do love the game.
07/08/2016 11:00 AMPosted by VroOmM
2. Although we cannot provide direct restitution to the individuals affected, we’re going to have a 48-hour Double Blood Shard Community Buff for this weekend.

Wyatt

but you said

01/26/2016 06:31 PMPosted by Wyatt Cheng
Hey guys – just wanted to pop in and say that we don’t have any community buffs planned for this season.

The main reason is the one highlighted by other members of the community - while 2x buffs are super exciting while they’re active, they have negative effects at other times. The biggest is how demoralizing it can feel if you miss out on the community buff. One of the strengths of Diablo is when players feel they can play on their own schedule, when they feel like it. The 2x buffs really detract from a sense that any time is a perfectly good time to play. It can also cause people to burn themselves out trying to get the most out of the buff.

please explain before i become demoralized.

We didn't have any planned, but this is a special circumstance where we felt a buff was appropriate.
07/08/2016 11:07 AMPosted by Kauza
07/08/2016 11:00 AMPosted by VroOmM

but you said

please explain before i become demoralized.

We didn't have any planned, but this is a special circumstance where we felt a buff was appropriate.

So to be clear you will only apply community buffs as a gesture after an error is made on your part, They wont be used at other times because players become demoralized when they miss out.
I have no issue with community buffs being used, I just dont understand how the original reason for not having them is valid.
To pardon a pun you have moved the goalposts.
I feel sorry for people who spent hundred of hours farming it.

I spent some time farming that zone as well, before it became public knowledge. I had a hunch that it was there, but I gave up. Good thing I gave up...

Double Goblin might've been more "fun", IMO. Why? Because people can farm their cosmetic pet. I personally already have them all, but this buff would provide "permanent" stuff for others, unlike Blood Shards (unless you play NS, of course).

While the buff is appreciated, I likely won't be taking advantage of it. The season's almost over and I have no particular desire to play GR.

As for the other people, enjoy it, for community buffs are nearly extinct.
Thanks for the info, Wyatt and Kauza.
<3
restitution

Restitution should be transmog related, not blood shards!

I propose a 24hr ALL GOBLINS ARE RAINBOW GOBLINS weekend ^_^
1. We’ve certainly learned our lesson, and going forward when things are intentionally this rare, we’ll have new testing procedures to make sure a similar mistake doesn’t happen again.

Live and learn. Good stuff!
Not sure if I'm just sad, pissed or simply disappointed right now.
07/08/2016 11:19 AMPosted by Davlok

Yep do it!!
Thanks for response, just a quick question. Does Aidan's Revenge drop on PTR at the moment?
Wyatt

So what was that allmighty puzzle after all? Does it exist or was it just something to distract us on purpose and keep us at it?
Your respect increases by multiples upon acknowledging failure. It's not illegal to say sorry. Thanks for the post Wyatt.
Finally a blue post.

How did this happen? Testing something that is intentionally extremely rare means we need to use some dedicated testing techniques. Our team uses a combination of code reviews, simulation and cheat codes to verify functionality. Sometimes things can appear to work correctly in parts, but malfunction when they are put together. For example, in the case of the Pennant, we were able to verify that individual portions of the criteria to obtain the Pennant functioned correctly, but the end to end process resulted in the Pennant being unattainable once the patch went live.

So two months ago you tested it and found it and gave that information to the next department? Didnt nevalistis tell you that the players dont find the item? And what criteria did work? The mob didnt spawn. That would have been the clue that something went wrong on the PTR. So what the hell did you test which worked??

Im still wondering why you reinvent the code for every mob and item. Why not use already fully functional code from other items, copy the basics and just connect the right items from the database to the mob/item and be done with it?

The dev team messed up and we’re sorry.

As predicted Im having a hard time accepting this tiny... whatever thats supposed to be.
In the first weeks it was a mistake. After two months of silence from the devs and lies from someone not involved in the developement process is a huge intentional deception. A simple "we're sorry" doesnt really cut it.
Some people may say that Im impossible to please. Thats not the case. I expect a company like blizzard to not screw with the community like they did in the first place.

1. We’ve certainly learned our lesson, and going forward when things are intentionally this rare, we’ll have new testing procedures to make sure a similar mistake doesn’t happen again.

I would like to believe you. But you have to reestablish your credibility first.
Maybe stop making things intentionally THAT rare because its frustrating enough to farm the same spot for weeks and not find the mob or find the mob and not getting the item after 100 kills. I know this game is based on RNG but the concept of intentionally making things rare "so they will be more precious" is nonsense and so far only created frustration for weeks.
Creating items not rare and just leave it to RNG doesnt change the value of an item. The value is subjective anyway. People want it just for the sake of having it or because they can then build a transmog set around it or for other reasons. All the devs think is "hey, a new item. Lets make it very rare in a game that requires farming the same spot over and over and over again".

2. Although we cannot provide direct restitution to the individuals affected, we’re going to have a 48-hour Double Blood Shard Community Buff for this weekend.

Bring back ALL buffs regularly. That might be something worth considering as a form of apologizing. Having them every few weeks actually is fun. For those that play. To hell with those that dont play incase you need a reminder about the reason why you removed the buffs from the game.

07/08/2016 10:55 AMPosted by MissCheetah
Thank you Wyatt for taking the time to finally explain what happened

He confirmed what we already know. Big difference.

07/08/2016 10:55 AMPosted by MissCheetah
and let us know that you are going to improve the process in the future.

Which process?
- screwing with the community
- how to confirm what the community already knows
- the process of avoiding to screw with the community

07/08/2016 11:04 AMPosted by AliRawidDuh
They are humans, too, and we all make mistakes

Repeatedly and collectively lying isnt just a mistake.

07/08/2016 11:04 AMPosted by AliRawidDuh
I would say this was handled very well by Blizzard. Remember that they could just hide and not say anything.

Two months of lies, a tiny half a sentence apology and not adressing the deceptions isnt much of an improvement over the silence we had. It kinda makes it worse to know that they knew how bad they screwed with us the whole time.

07/08/2016 11:07 AMPosted by Kauza

You removed them because inactive players missed them. There is no punchline here.

07/08/2016 11:24 AMPosted by reh

I know how you feel. #feelsbadman
Why not just give us these items we wasted hours farming for? Put them in our account emails or something like the way you return all our items to us after the seasons end.

Yes, I'm asking for a handout--a well deserved handout.
07/08/2016 11:34 AMPosted by Ghostpos
Your respect increases by multiples upon acknowledging failure. It's not illegal to say sorry. Thanks for the post Wyatt.

+1 to this
07/08/2016 11:43 AMPosted by Bilzabar
Why not just give us these items we wasted hours farming for? Put them in our account emails or something like the way you return all our items to us after the seasons end.

Yes, I'm asking for a handout--a well deserved handout.

There's a certain prestige behind BoA cosmetics. If you give them to everyone, then they have no value.

It would exactly be like when RoS came out. What's the point of having orange angelic wings if everyone else and their mother had them?

Rare cosmetics are a sign of dedication (or extreme luck).

Oh well back to Path of Exile.... and here is to Lost Ark getting released in NA come 2017 ;)
07/08/2016 11:48 AMPosted by DoomBringer
If you give them to everyone, then they have no value.

What value would that be exactly if we farm for it?

07/08/2016 11:48 AMPosted by DoomBringer
Rare cosmetics are a sign of dedication (or extreme luck).

Its always luck. Some just have it earlier than others. Doesnt change the subjective value to any item. And showing them is for the player, not for others.
Thanks for the blue post.
Please don't screw up anymore like this.

Cannot wait, started seasonal HC WD and double Blood Shards will come handy.

07/08/2016 11:19 AMPosted by Davlok
restitution

Restitution should be transmog related, not blood shards!

Yay!