Location of Kahzra (Fallen) Pennant?

General Discussion
Prev 1 107 108 109 117 Next
We've posted some more details on the buff. See this blog post!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20176718/double-blood-shards-this-weekend-7-8-2016
Thanks for the update Wyatt, its appreiciated. :)
07/08/2016 11:19 AMPosted by Davlok
07/08/2016 10:50 AMPosted by Wyatt Cheng
restitution

Restitution should be transmog related, not blood shards!

I propose a 24hr ALL GOBLINS ARE RAINBOW GOBLINS weekend ^_^

I wonder what would happen if one came upon a pack of rainbow gobs.
1 portal
Although we cannot provide direct restitution to the individuals affected

Why not just deliver the pennant in our mailboxes, seems easy to me
Woot double shards!
wheres GodHand and his friend that has the lance on live? LOL @ him
07/08/2016 12:39 PMPosted by Crayon

Probably on everyones igno list by now.
Hi all,

In Patch 2.4.1, we introduced a number of new cosmetic items to the game including a few extremely rare items such as the Cosmic Wings and Rainbow Portrait. Among the items intended to be extremely rare are Steffon’s Heavy Lance, Mace of the Crows, and the Harvest Pennant (also known as the Fallen Pennant). As 2.4.1 unfolded, we were surprised to learn that nobody appeared to have found these items. Weeks passed, we checked and double-checked the data, and ran some internal tests—these items were intended to be rare and hidden, but had we perhaps hidden them too well?

Unfortunately, it turns out we made a mistake. Instead of making the items extremely rare, they did not appear at all. The development team is sorry for this huge misstep on our part—we know that our mistake caused many players to spend hours trying to locate items which we now see in hindsight was a wild goose chase.

How did this happen? Testing something that is intentionally extremely rare means we need to use some dedicated testing techniques. Our team uses a combination of code reviews, simulation and cheat codes to verify functionality. Sometimes things can appear to work correctly in parts, but malfunction when they are put together. For example, in the case of the Pennant, we were able to verify that individual portions of the criteria to obtain the Pennant functioned correctly, but the end to end process resulted in the Pennant being unattainable once the patch went live.

The dev team messed up and we’re sorry. We erroneously told our community team (including Nevalistis) that the Harvest Pennant could drop. We can’t make it right overnight but we’d like to start with two changes:

1. We’ve certainly learned our lesson, and going forward when things are intentionally this rare, we’ll have new testing procedures to make sure a similar mistake doesn’t happen again.
2. Although we cannot provide direct restitution to the individuals affected, we’re going to have a 48-hour Double Blood Shard Community Buff for this weekend.

Wyatt
Prime example of what "damage control" looks like.
07/08/2016 12:42 PMPosted by Zasz
07/08/2016 12:39 PMPosted by Crayon

Perma ban him from the forums for trolling and we're even for the pennant lol
Diablo Team,

Thanks for coming out with it, better late then never. Many wasted hours. The buff will be nice, but not really helping out the cosmetic community.

I and many had a ton of theories of how and where these last 3 items could spawn. What I suggest is to use one or more of our ideas in a future patch which will spawn a cosmetic item(wings).

Again thank you for the honesty. I hurts but, happens.
07/08/2016 01:01 PMPosted by MaxMind
07/08/2016 12:42 PMPosted by Zasz
Perma ban him from the forums for trolling and we're even for the pennant lol

Him and nevalistis and I might be happy.
The dev team messed up and we’re sorry. We erroneously told our community team (including Nevalistis) that the Harvest Pennant could drop. We can’t make it right overnight but we’d like to start with two changes:

1. We’ve certainly learned our lesson, and going forward when things are intentionally this rare, we’ll have new testing procedures to make sure a similar mistake doesn’t happen again.
2. Although we cannot provide direct restitution to the individuals affected, we’re going to have a 48-hour Double Blood Shard Community Buff for this weekend.

Wyatt

Now that is how it's done. Mistakes will happen, and it always sucks when they do, but as long as the dev team communicates with the players, letting them know what went wrong, what's been done to fix it, and what you're doing to make it up to them... well, I really don't think any reasonable person can ask for more than that. Good job, Wyatt. Very well done.
Unfortunately, it turns out we made a mistake. Instead of making the items extremely rare, they did not appear at all. The development team is sorry for this huge misstep on our part—we know that our mistake caused many players to spend hours trying to locate items which we now see in hindsight was a wild goose chase.

Thank you for letting us know. I really mean that. It says a lot when you can own up to a mistake. And mistakes happen. All the farming wasn't for nothing, cause at least I ended up with loads of paragon levels and gold, lol.

Anyway, no hard feelings. Here's to a great game, and hopefully more of that great game still to come!
Wyatt, ummm do you know what Blood Shards are used for? Sorry to ask you this but how does this somehow make the affected individuals feel better? These individuals were not hunting legendary items it has no correlation to these transmogs or pennants at all.

On a separate note, do you or the devs know that bounties still do exist in this game? Why not double bounties?
So..does this mean we can find the Cosmic Wings or not?:c
My problem isn't Wyatt's post as much as the way things
are developed of late.
We play a game that rewards you very easily with things,
and suddenly we are to look for cosmetics that are so rare
it could take months to find them.
Just like with the nerfs coming up on the PTR.
The devs stated they want more engaged game play.
Yet many skills and items are made for the player to be standing
still; like Endless Walk and Oculus Ring.
I just don't understand their constant switching of direction.
Just like with difficulty levels.
We were told Monster Power had 10 levels , and that it was to many.
Now we will have 13 Torment Levels.
I realize they had to come here to make a statement, and Wyatt did,
but personally I find no comfort in it.
07/08/2016 01:31 PMPosted by AcetheGolden
So..does this mean we can find the Cosmic Wings or not?:c

Yes; they're not bugged, just rare.
Lol I like the irony of saying you guys don't like adding weekend buffs/specials because it can instigate player burn out, yet you let the wild goose chase for these items go on for months... Just sayin. You would think if player burn out was a concern this would've been a much more urgent issue. Speaking personally, after countless hours of searching for the pennant I stopped playing d3 this season; I can assume I'm not alone.