Zunimassa and Arachyr set pet damage question

Witch Doctor
So, this is pretty simple. Somehow, however, I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Does the Zunimassa 6 set bonus (1500% more damage by pets to things hit with mana spenders) apply to the spider queen summoned via the 2 set bonus of Spirit of Arachyr? Because that spider already does decent damage if I'm understanding the numbers correctly, and it's aoe (right?), to boot. Idk if I want to waste a slot with corpse spiders, (haven't really tested it), but it just seems like it'd be great.
Thoughts?

Edit: So, it turns out that the spider does in fact get the damage increase, which is pretty nifty.
I haven't ever tested it, but I'm pretty sure the Zuni pet damage bonus would apply to the Anachyr 2 piece spider.

Yes, its an AOE type of effect, kind of like wall of death.
05/08/2016 04:49 PMPosted by Chaos
Does the Zunimassa 6 set bonus (1500% more damage by pets to things hit with mana spenders) apply to the spider queen summoned via the 2 set bonus of Spirit of Arachyr?

The test can be straightforward. If you want to test single target, Act 1 cemeteries is a good place. If you want to test AOE or Area Damage, Act 1 Weeping Hallow is good.

Remove your weapon and mojo, equip zuni 5pc (including Zuni Pox) and equip Arachyr 2 pc.
Go and cast frozen piranhas and spam spider queen on the target.
Go to town to equip RoRG in the cube.
Go and cast frozen piranhas and spam spider queen on the same target.
If you see the damage x16, Zuni 6pc bonus works for Arachyr 2pc spider.
I've been at work all day, has anyone been able to test this? I like the idea or Arachnyr but the set performs like crap... this would be a cool happy medium.
Got a chance to test it, and yes the Zuni buff does affect the spider damage. Will be tinkering with a 6/4 build to boost Zuni toughness tonight.
i tried on the ptr, if 6p zuni (and mask of jeram or the pet gem) actually buffs any corpse spiders, including the spider queen, as promised in 2.3 patchnotes ... it didnt buff any corpse spiders, and now that very patch is live ... i never saw any changes to that satement or answers when i posted in the ptr bug report forum ('corpse spiders now benefit from +pet damage affixes' it says in 2.3 patchnotes .... didnt see any changes to that in any other pachnotes, and yet on the ptr it didnt apply and now the damn thing is live .... not even a word we get from mentioning this in the ptr forums ...)
i didnt try out the 2p arachyr spiederqueen tho, because i wanted just zuni with any corpse spiders; as promised
!@#$ everybody ignoring WDs and buttfcking DHs, monks, wizzards and barbarians all day long : > get your %^-* right or sucka @%!%%#!!, i am officially annoyed with how they treat WDs, doesn't matter to me why, because the reason must be bull!@#$ anyways - and i hate how one must fall back to childish langiage to actually get attention
%^-* this broken !@# $%^- : >
05/09/2016 10:19 PMPosted by KadaverjunkY
i tried on the ptr, if 6p zuni (and mask of jeram or the pet gem) actually buffs any corpse spiders, including the spider queen, as promised in 2.3 patchnotes ... it didnt buff any corpse spiders, and now that very patch is live ... i never saw any changes to that satement or answers when i posted in the ptr bug report forum ('corpse spiders now benefit from +pet damage affixes' it says in 2.3 patchnotes .... didnt see any changes to that in any other pachnotes, and yet on the ptr it didnt apply and now the damn thing is live .... not even a word we get from mentioning this in the ptr forums ...)
i didnt try out the 2p arachyr spiederqueen tho, because i wanted just zuni with any corpse spiders; as promised
!@#$ everybody ignoring WDs and buttfcking DHs, monks, wizzards and barbarians all day long : > get your %^-* right or sucka @%!%%#!!, i am officially annoyed with how they treat WDs, doesn't matter to me why, because the reason must be bull!@#$ anyways - and i hate how one must fall back to childish langiage to actually get attention

I was looking forward to playing a Corpse Spiders builder centered Arachyrs build this patch, but i ran in to the same problem as you did, the damage is still not there... despite what the patch notes said. I don't think they have any clue what they are doing, they just write stuff on patch notes without actually inplementing them.
05/09/2016 10:19 PMPosted by KadaverjunkY

I like this dude's style.
That's pretty neat, 4000 weapon damage x 15 etc is a good place. But I guess you have to give up tasker then. It's all about Gary these days. Though we did want a stronger Gary and pets with aoe, so can't complain really!
I have noticed a significant jump in my demon slaying when using zuni/arach compared to zuni/helltooth, that giant spider makes a significant difference.