HC char died cause of blizz servers

Hardcore
Hi there,

I've been playing diablo since the start of season 1 and always enjoyed it. Today i was playing like normal and blizzard decides to throw my out of there servers, which results in a dead of my main character. I know hardcore brings risks along the path but are there more players who think that blizzard should provide a almost 100% guaranteed uptime from there side?
Why do people always assume that the problem occurs on Blizzard's end? Normally, I can sympathize with just about anyone who has lost a character to a server "disconnect," but if that person doesn't do their due diligence first, by making sure that their internet connection is secure, then they have no right to complain or even suggest that the problem is on Blizzard's end.

With that said, no company can guaranteed 100% up-time for an internet service. It's not practical, and as far as I know, it's not even possible.

Again, I can sympathize with someone who has lost a character to a server disconnect, because I'm aware that some players have an insecure internet connection, which comes at no fault of their own (whether it be their internet service provider, geographical location, or the cost of upgrading is grossly inflated). For that reason alone, I wish that Blizzard had some sort of countermeasure in place so that when a player gets disconnected from the server or their latency spikes, their character is shrouded in some kind of barrier and / or will automatically run away from danger. It wouldn't work 100% of the time, but it would spare us the misery of knowing that our hero was literally standing around doing nothing at the time he or she was mercilessly slain by demons, or worse, immolated by floor traps.
No need to Freakout, man.
HOLD UP! stop the presses... his level 19 WD died to a server outage. I got 5 seconds of free time this evening if you want me to get you back to level 19. Shoot me an invite.
. . . which results in a dead of my main character. . .

Aw man- few things suck as bad as having a dead of your main character.

Except reading the words "a dead of my main character".

That sucks kinda worse.
I'll post this again. I had my fair share of anger from disconnects. I even blamed blizzard servers for it. Then I upgraded my computer, router, and got a new internet service provider with static fiber optic net. I have been lag-free and DC-free for over three months. YES THREE MONTHS. Haven't seen any other color but green on the latency bar.

Fix your side, good sir. I promise you'll have a better experience.
05/11/2016 07:20 AMPosted by Freakout
I know hardcore brings risks along the path but are there more players who think that blizzard should provide a almost 100% guaranteed uptime from there side?

I think that all of us would greatly appreciate a more-reliable gaming experience. The issue is that the devs were more concerned about hackers, dupers, and abuse than they were about 100% uptime reliability when Jay Wilson and his team originally wrote the code for the game. If you want 100% uptime guaranteed then xbox and Playstation have a nearly identical version of d3...unfortunately, they also have lots of people with 50,000 paragon and weapons with 14 sockets.

In a perfect world, people would be honest-enough that more of the code could be on our computers instead of on servers that get DDOS'd every few months. Hopefully, at some future date, perhaps after d4 reaches EOL, they'll just post all the d3 code online and people will be able to host their own servers.

edit: is it bad that I laughed at my original response to this thread? I don't think it's bad.
Saw something similar to this - twice in HC (only playing HC this season) - one was a grotesque and the other was a fallen, couldn't target them, and they were doing dmg to me so i had to quit (both instances were in solo grifts)
05/17/2016 12:27 PMPosted by Endeavor
edit: is it bad that I laughed at my original response to this thread? I don't think it's bad.

On the contrary, Brian. I think when someone makes one of those posts in the hardcore forums, laughter is always appropriate. They should know better....if they read the stickies at the top that is or spent a bit of time lurking before they posted.
What a shame, sorry for your loss bro :(

Bliz servers are really unstable again.. Most of the players are allready done with S6 and many will quit around 3 weeks mark so traffic will drop by a mile so it should help a lot, GL.

Sincerely
Jumbasa
05/11/2016 01:48 PMPosted by Swisha
HOLD UP! stop the presses... his level 19 WD died to a server outage. I got 5 seconds of free time this evening if you want me to get you back to level 19. Shoot me an invite.

Or he is not from freaking US and the EU account with 10 characters lost a char?? ... freaking newby learn to internet before posting.

--------------

I play hardcore now for a year or so and i had exactly 1 disconnect from which i am not even sure if it was blizz side or mine. Most people just have retarded internet provider, which small latency checks which cause disconnects on secure servers which blizzards server is .. so get your end fixxed and you wont have problems ... So i really dont understand all this cryings every day ... Blizzard Servers are one - if not - of the best servers the gaming world has! POINT! there is no gaming company that has better quality of servers than blizzard.
[quote="207422675051"]

Or he is not from freaking US and the EU account with 10 characters lost a char?? ... freaking newby learn to internet before posting.
[quote]

"Freaking newbie, learn to use the internet before posting."

Please stop with the insults. You called Swisha a "newbie". LOL

I'm pretty much done with HC. Everything was fine until seasons started.

Season 1 went great, but after that my main died every season... to disconnects.

This season I have disconnected 4 times in the first 2.5 weeks, while playing SC.

Before anyone says anything stupid (they don't know me or what I do), I am a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (Computer Networking) and A+ Certified on Hardware/Software.

I have done EVERTHING on my end. New computer, new modem, dns flushing, etc.

The problem starts when the internet connection leaves my house and is usually a node near Sacramento, CA. If those people ever upgrade their hardware, I should be fine to go back to HC.

As it is, it's just WAY too frustrating.
You´ll face death (out of your control) enough death (out of your control) to leave you broken.

xD
Why do people think the Internet is your connection straight to blizzards servers?
05/18/2016 02:15 PMPosted by Thingamajig
Why do people think the Internet is your connection straight to blizzards servers?

I know, right!!

My connection takes at least 14 hops to get to Blizzard and my problem child is on hop #10.
05/18/2016 07:14 AMPosted by MetalJet666
[quote="207422675051"]

[quote]

Season 1 went great, but after that my main died every season... to disconnects.

This season I have disconnected 4 times in the first 2.5 weeks, while playing SC.

Before anyone says anything stupid (they don't know me or what I do), I am a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (Computer Networking) and A+ Certified on Hardware/Software.

The problem starts when the internet connection leaves my house and is usually a node near Sacramento, CA. If those people ever upgrade their hardware, I should be fine to go back to HC.

Speranza had a big issue a few years ago, he raised such a ruckus that the people in NJ or NY or wherever the hell he lives ended up upgrading their hardware. Unfortunately, he was so frustrated by the time they did that he stopped playing soon afterwards... :(
Wereserver!
Wereserver?
There.
What?
There, server. There, ISP.
Why are you talking that way?
I thought you wanted to.
No, I don't want to.
Suit yourself. Welcome to HC.
05/18/2016 07:14 AMPosted by MetalJet666
[quote="207422675051"]

[quote]

If I had a dime for every person that died in hc that said they were a computer programmer and thus the problem cannot be on their end....I would be rich beyond my dreams. Clearly the problem is in the connection between you and Blizzard. That makes it neither your problem NOR Blizzards. That being said, it is very clear from Blizzard that they will NOT revive hardcore characters for ANY reason. While this may seem frustrating, it is just the way things work.
This is clearly a joke. It was fun to see people take the bait.
@CaladynusOD

I never said I was a computer programmer. I do, however, know plenty about networking and ip tracing.

I have never cried about wanting a rollback or any other nonsense in regards to blaming Blizzard's servers.

The simple fact is that playing HC is too much of a crap shoot at this time. Whether it's on my end or the server near Sacramento, CA is a moot point.

I'm not the type of guy who plays a game with no chance of progressing. It becomes a waste of time. I'd rather play SC and lose 100+ million gold while DCing from an empowered GR70 than DC when I finally complete a set and have 1 or 2 backup items. That happened last season and it made me lose interest.

Anyway... Here's your dime. Don't spend it all in one place! :D