S2/M2 Sharpshooter GR 80-97+

Demon Hunter
1 2 3 25 Next
This is a sneaky, dirty build we discussed in the german forum the last days.

Damage comes from S2 and Endless Walk set combined with broken Lord Greenstone's Fan and the usual CoE playstyle with Fan of Knives.

Since damage is only dealt every ~16 or 30 sec use sharpshooter for 100% FoK crits.

The build is very easy to gear and play (poor man's LoN FoK ;-).
Only ancient you need is the Dagger - easy to get by upgrading rares.
Gameplay is run, gather, stand, explode...

Toghness is near godmode with M2+Zoey's+Garwulf+Elusive Ring+Aquila (+Dark Heart...).

You need Illusory Boots to position for your FoK without resetting sharpshooter.
Nemesis Bracers are nice to add some density/progress.

Cube: Dawn, Garwulf or Aquila, Elusive Ring or CoE
(with legacy Sash of Knives available I would cube Zoey's)

Gems: BotT, BotP, 3. gem depending on the lvl / time you need for boss
You can play with no, mid or high cc on gear.
My gear had high cc so I used stricken and a generator to stack it vs boss (+breakable doors ;-) for ~22 sec and then stop shooting for ~8 sec to let sharpshooter do its thing for the next FoK.

Skills are similar to LoN FoK.
Change Awareness to Sharpshooter and Strafe to Companion/Preparation.
If you play with no cc on gear and boss doesn't take too long (no stricken needed) change generator to Valley of Death or whatever you want.

Desired stats: Crit Dam, % lightning, % FoK and Area Dam

Profile:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rudi1337-2663/hero/69731957

I did some testruns and cleared 87 in a keeps map without power or conduit so Imo the power is ironically close (if not superior with comparable gearing) to our 6 piece sets.

Things I noticed with sharpshooter: Companions will reset on kill (not on crit), Follower should have no crit on his gear :p

Gameplay-Vids added:

GR 85
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5ldWsP7LWE

GR 91
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGqDnaqp1GU&feature=youtu.be

GR 94
https://youtu.be/aWqMmxGoNos

GR 90 by Impreza
https://youtu.be/Qs191p_s6a8

GR 94 by Impreza
https://youtu.be/FV5m-R8a7lg

GR 97 by Impreza:
https://youtu.be/2agfWgsFZtA

GR 95 + Gameplay-Tutorial by Dunkelvieh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVi5mV-2uvE
Interesting build, but don't you think pets will prevent enemies from grouping together?
There is enough time to position/reposition between CoE cycles and you can stand in the middle of mobs with high toughness + smoke screen so pets hindering the pull was less an issue than expected.

Oneshooting double-packs and the strategy elements are compensation for the poor gameplay ;-)
Interesting build. Have you tried using leg/boots marauders and Gunes helm? I change smoke screen to vault/tumble just for the collisions. For sure, I'm going to give this a try later.
Imo you need Illusory Boots to position for your FoK without activating sharpshooter (ss).
Vault would be great but it triggers the rockets from vengeance which will reset ss.

Would be great if someone comes up with a way to trigger stricken without resetting ss.
I tested Shurriken Cloud and Chain of torment but didn't work :-/
Hey Rudi!

I just came home from work but i was reading this thread earlier and I thought this is an amazing idea, I cant give more than a +1 but i think if its as good as you say it is... then its gold.

I was thinking of getting a monk to pull the mobs for us while we stand in the sanctuary etc... having only S2 as the main damage slots, the possibilities for other slots are endless.

I'll give it a go and report back.
Wait, Companions don't reset Sharpshooter anymore? AFAIK, they do, reason why ShSh got fcked up real bad when they implemented that.

EDIT: Fck that :3
05/14/2016 03:55 AMPosted by Rudi1337
Things I noticed with sharpshooter: Companions will reset on kill (not on crit), Follower should have no crit on his gear :p

Wasn't reading that much. Anyways.. if that's the case then that'd be awesome.

EDIT2: Imagine if we can actually cube Furnace.
Hey guys would be nice to get some more testing and feedback on this.

@ Impreza
The build performs surprisingly well with some density. The higher you go though the weaker it performs compared to Shi Mizu LoN especially vs. the boss where you can continuously stack stricken with strafe. I think it would cap out in low 90's.

The first player we saw with the build was this dude:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/profile/Nafaltar-2285/hero/77395242

He used the no cc version to clear 83 in EU season with para 778 and no augments. Dunno why he equipped Zeis.
How come you use smoke screen instead of vault? Won't you lose less stacks on Endless Walk set if you vault to your targets instead?

There are a lot of options you could try which buffs your damage a lot if you aren't using LoN, however it's only a question of how much toughness you need to survive and how much you really need those illus boots.

An option for more damage:
UE helm, chest, pants, boots: 60% dmg & dmg reduction if 10 yards away from all monsters, FoK is 20 yard radius so...somehow hit in between that? ^.^

Might be able to remove prep since 2pc generates discipline for more options?

If you cube the Aquila, it's 81% dmg reduction vs 60% dmg reduction, so it's half of your toughness for 60% damage, assuming you could get that 10 or more yard range somehow. I haven't done solid testing of how dynamic is the updating in the damage when it comes to range, so idk if you could just quickly vault in and FoK before you lose the damage buff on UE4.
05/15/2016 07:33 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan
If you cube the Aquila, it's 81% dmg reduction vs 60% dmg reduction, so it's half of your toughness for 60% damage, assuming you could get that 10 or more yard range somehow. I haven't done solid testing of how dynamic is the updating in the damage when it comes to range, so idk if you could just quickly vault in and FoK before you lose the damage buff on UE4.

AFAIK, It's enough to still retain the buff of UE4 before it drops when you go near enemies. There's like 2-3sec before it comes off. More than enough to position and pop the FoK.
Hey Nyan Vault was one of the first things I tested but it triggers the rockets from vengeance which will reset SS.

There rly are a lot of options. Don't think UE4 will work cause you often wanna keep rly close to the mobs for grouping them tight and blast your FoK's standing in the middle of many mobs.

Imo Prep (+Tactical Advantage+Smoke Screen or Shadow Power) are a must not only for defense but for the movement boost. You need areas with some density for progress and wanna get there fast from areas with poor density. With SS/Special Recipe you can smoke all day ;-)

Another possibility to trade some toughness for damage is wearing SoJ and cubing CoE instead of Elusive Ring.

I wonder how this build could do with LoN and how damage of 1. S2/M4 Sharpshooter, 2. LoN Sharpshooter and 3. LoN Shi Mizu (with Strafe) would compare to each other in the run and vs. the boss.

Main differences in the run should be:

1. S2 (x1200%), EW (x100%), Wolf, BotP
vs.
2. LoN (x1300%), Higher Base Weapon Damage (hand crossbow vs dagger), Higher Crit Dam (dual wield), Wolf, BotP
vs.
3. LoN (x1300%), Higher Base Weapon Damage (hand crossbow vs dagger), Higher Crit Dam (dual wield), Mantle of Chaneling, Yan Pants, Taeguk

Maybe someone wants to do the math :-)

Loosing the M2+Zoey's toughness boost with LoN Sharpshooter could be compensated with the Absorb Shields from Ballista and St. Archew's.

Area Dam is king cause it scales with density. I only have 40% from 1.Ring + Gloves and would like to get 40%-80% more from Shoulders, 2.Ring, Weapon and maybe Offhand or even Amu.

Edit: Also remember for the 100% from Endless Walk set you have to stand (stand, reposition...) some secs before you FoK.
Really weird gameplay but i like it.No, its never going to beat ShiMizu but it will give UE a run for its money. Destroys mid 80's easily even w/o augment.

1. For some reason, vault cannot be slotted (wish it could) to open up the boots slot for like Andariels helm for example.

2. Don't go 0 CC, you need some CC since youll need to sometimes shoot almost dead mobs/elites at stack 15 of FoK.

3. Seems like there is no work-around for Elusive ring, its a must have if you wanna survive the mid 80s. I really really wanted to slot both SoJ and CoE, but i cant survive w/o the elusive ring.
You really need the toughness since you'll have to stand a bit and take some hits if you wanna fill 100% damage stacks from EW set.

4. You'll need Stricken and a Generator if you wanna kill the RG. You wont be firing your generator until the boss fight.

5. LoN-FoK has an advantage of wearing the channeling shoulders and hexing pants, however cannot slot EW or F&R (ofcourse) It evens out a bit I guess.But you dont need to worry about picking up globes accidentaly which is a huge relief.

6. I think if anyone really invests in augmenting, getting good rolls on jewelries, the build can do a 90. I doubt however it will be able to reach mid 90's. but who knows, the build is at its early age.

Thanks again for sharing!^^

TWO MAN 87 :

https://youtu.be/R6iFPD1GUL8

SOLO 86

https://youtu.be/678itsksyFc
Hey Impreza thx for nice feedback and vids :-)

What you wrote in 1-6 I can only underline.

For me Smoke Screen + TA instead of Gloom and Numbing Traps did feel much safer (also vs nasty ground effects) and you can switch Esoteric Alteration for BotP + move faster.

Do you think LoN with Sharpshooter would be worth testing?
UE4 could probably work. Should have time between CoE cycles to dash out of the mob to trigger the buff, which then lasts for 10 seconds, so you can dash back into the mob and set off the FoK with it still active. All that is required to trigger the buff is a split second with no monsters within melee range.
Thank god it's just a "fun" build. I would consider changing my main if I would be forced to play this o_o
You are the Nat-Veteran anyways Tares :p
Made the build today, not optimal items, but with gloom on 937 million toughness and 2.37 m sheet dps. I opted for CDR on shoulders instead of AD, so I can keep perm vengeace (I may roll AD later on) and I chose Perfectionist instead of TA. Did a GR70 run in 10 minutes (act 3 dungeon), had problems pooling groups due to corridors, but had no problem surviving.

Need to L2PLAY this build and tinker with skills and passives. To add to Impreza's notes, there are some things one need to be observant to:

- Activate Wolf so its active a few seconds before Lightning (CoE) is present to optimize damage.
- Freezing Strike may be a better generator than bitter pill
- Not having calculated on it, since I will remain a casual n00b, I feel that CDR - depending - may be better than AD. There is a breaking-point somewhere, but I am not the one who will find it. How important perm vengeance really is depends, as you really only need it while standing still, but depending on where your CoE cycle is when you do that, 1-2 seconds downtime may be the difference between surviving or not.

Perhaps the most anti-DH-play style build ever (>^^)>

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cottonface-1659/hero/78277520

EDIT: Dagger was made from Hope of Cain. First level 70 rare dagger transformed... Talk about insane luck :D (made 127 quivers before I got a Holy Point with Lightning and CC lol)
I'm actually enjoying the play style as something different for a while.

Feels like a cold blooded assassin that keeps all hatred inside...

Here's a Vid farming 85 with SoJ (no Elusive Ring), shame I messed up the pull on power:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5ldWsP7LWE
I'm actually enjoying the play style as something different for a while.

As anti-DH-Play Style this build may be, it is one of the most "inventive" builds I have ever seen. Cadeau to those who came up with it. Talk about thinking out of the box (>^^)>

Do I enjoy playing it? I do not know yet. I have played it once, but since I more or less have perfect items on both my UE and M6 char, since I have 22 level 50 gems to upgrade to 70+, this is a build I will play, not just for the upgrade :)

All things aside, it will allow casual players to make a build that quiet easily can do 60-70 with entry level items, and thus allow them to farm gear for either M6, UE, LoN or S2/M2 and upgrade gems It also will make newbies be aware of the CoE cycle and coordinating it will - for this build - with wolves, it will make newbies be aware of how important defensive is versus offensive, so in terms it will improve game play, regardless of builds, and that is a huge bonus for later DH game play. Again, thank you Rudi for relating the build and once again, cadeau for those who thought outside the box :)
Seems companions were hotfixed so that they're resetting Sharpshooter on crit, my follower has 0% crit and my Sharpshooter isn't stacking even when I'm just standing around.

It's sad Blizzard has to do stuff like hotfixing something with some promise to become useless.

EDIT: Anyways, I was trying a variant of this build since yesterday, I was going to test to see if I could make it replace LoN FoK. You use 4 piece UE for the 60% damage bonus, using vault to move around and position while keeping up the UE buff, in lieu of using Illusory boots. You don't have 100% up-time on Vengeance as it will drop your Sharpshooter stacks while you vault around. Instead, you use Vengeance after you vault into your stack of mobs, right before you use FoK.

I also stack Stricken on Yellow Elites in between FoK casts using grenades, so I keep some crit on my gear and I'll stop attacking around 15 stacks of Greenstone's fan in order for Sharpshooter to guarantee me 100% crit on my 30 stack FoK.

Even without Wolf I think that this build could replace LoN. The damage amp from Unhallowed Essence and Endless Walk combined with the %1200 bonus from Shadow's Mantle comes out to 3840% damage.