S2/M2 Sharpshooter GR 80-97+

Demon Hunter
Prev 1 13 14 15 25 Next
Up the thread goes!^

GR97 cleared

https://youtu.be/2agfWgsFZtA
This is pretty much the only setup that can compete with the LoN FoK build. The UE is just not tough enough to really perform above 85, at least on the HC leaderboards. Anything above GR85 is S2/M2 and LoN FoK.

I experimented with Cold Sentries to get 25% damage reduction but the sentries seem to reset the sharpshooter... :(
Hi everyone,

First off, I want to give a big thanks to Rudi and co for experimenting with the build. It's probably the most fun I've had playing DH. I wrote up my thoughts on why I think this is the best build for time-constrained DHs who want to push leaderboards, along with some tips and thoughts on gear tradeoffs: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/4u5212

I managed to a clear a 91 in HC, which was the highest non-LoN clear, and rank 10 world for DH HC. S2/M2 rules.
Now that the twister wizard is out of the group meta, anyone tried to put this build together with some support?
I noticed that when a monk applies exploding palms to a large group of mobs, the damage is greatly enhanced when the FoK blows up the crowd. I'd love to see this build tailored for a group play for massive massive damage, rather that have it as a solo build.
07/23/2016 09:26 AMPosted by Romano

I noticed that when a monk applies exploding palms to a large group of mobs, the damage is greatly enhanced when the FoK blows up the crowd. I'd love to see this build tailored for a group play for massive massive damage, rather that have it as a solo build.

Pairing the damage with EP doesn't really make sense unless they use the lightning rune too, otherwise the monk is going to miss out on CoE. In practicality, if you're seeing the damage enhanced by your FoK, you're probably just doing more damage than the monk, since they don't really synergize.

Groups builds with s2 will probably look like giving up toughness for more damage. There's plenty of options for that like running u4, or SoJ, etc. You can probably drop all CDR for max AD on literally every slot as long as you can get someone to group mobs for you. A lot will depend on just how tanky people will still be in groups.
Can anyone, please have a look at my profile?
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hideyoshi-2394/hero/33359027

I have a hard time making this build work for me. Did GR75 with 2 mins left while I have it on farm on UE6

Thank you!
07/24/2016 09:37 AMPosted by Hideyoshi
Can anyone, please have a look at my profile?
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hideyoshi-2394/hero/33359027

I have a hard time making this build work for me. Did GR75 with 2 mins left while I have it on farm on UE6

Thank you!

There's nothing wrong with your setup. The build moves at the same speed through a GR85 as it does through a GR60. Try jumping straight into a mid-80 or so. Btw, I also farm 60-70 GRs with my UE6 as it is much better at mid-tier GRs.
Had a go at this tonight and cleared an 80 with pretty poor gear (no augments just a couple of ancients. ) Learning the ropes but enjoyable to play. Considering I struggled to 81 with UE6 in seasons with full augments etc. (P1100) this looks like an easier way to get into the mid 80s.

Just one question, how do I avoid 'misfires'. Sometimes my fans do no damage at all - everything seems to be up rotations etc. I just need a find a SoJ now to complete the basic build.

Thanks for sharing this.
07/26/2016 02:26 PMPosted by Wolf359
Just one question, how do I avoid 'misfires'. Sometimes my fans do no damage at all - everything seems to be up rotations etc.

A few things may result in a low damage FoK:

1. A powerful FoK MUST be a critical hit. In this build, CHC comes basically from the Sharpshooter passive. There are a few things that can reset sharpshooter:
a) you accidentally fire Bolas and it crits; You must carefully avoid that! Bolas is there just to stack BotS against the RG!
b) your follower (mostly Templar for this build) has some CHC and crits. Remove ALL CHC from the follower.
c) your companions kill something. This is rare in higher GR tiers, but also resets sharpshooter.

2. A powerful FoK requires the alignment of some things:
a) 30 stacks from LGF
b) lightning window from CoE
c) 100% damage from staying still with EW
d) 100% CHC from sharpshooter
e) assuming you don't have 100% up-time for vengeance, don't fire FoK during downtime! That's 40% less damage

3. A powerful FoK makes use of AD (Area Damage). Killing an Elite alone is much harder than killing the same Elite in the middle of a big pack of whites. Always try to attract many mobs to an Elite Pack or a Pylon before firing FoK.

p.s. I forgot to mention a few details:

- FoK has a 20 yard reach. Anything beyond that distance gets no damage at all;
- maps with breakable doors between rooms require the use of Bolas to open the doors and are very bad for this build (reset sharpshooter).
Very good points derfelcadarn!

Personally if im close/more than halfway to using my FoK cycle, am close to a breakable door and desparate to not reset SS, I just use the lured/strangling mobs to break it for me (and there are quite a few that can do this for ya) :p

but yea, at the end thats really the only real drawback with the build + a power pylon at higher GRs against RG
Can I get some advice on how to improve my set up? I got all the gear pieces I need but I can't seem to deal the trillions of damage everyone else is doing. The max damage output I've seen myself do is like 500 billion =(. Stuck at GR 78.
07/27/2016 09:50 PMPosted by Aidiology
Can I get some advice on how to improve my set up? I got all the gear pieces I need but I can't seem to deal the trillions of damage everyone else is doing. The max damage output I've seen myself do is like 500 billion =(. Stuck at GR 78.

I would reroll the vit stat on the dagger into 24% area damage and the cooldown on either the shoulder or the quiver into another 20% area damage. That would bring your total into >90% which will make a big difference on how fast you kill elites surrounded by a lot of mob. Also keep gambling on a quiver that will have both Lightning and Fan of Knives damage, the bolas stat is a waste at the moment.
Thanks for the input! Sorry if I sound ignorant but how does stacking area damage bump up the numbers to trillions?
07/27/2016 11:25 PMPosted by Aidiology
Thanks for the input! Sorry if I sound ignorant but how does stacking area damage bump up the numbers to trillions?

A "normal" FoK crit does around 3-4 Trillion damage.

With 150AD, each AD proc gives you around 4.5 - 6 Trillion (each proc'd mob). That's why you always wanna clump the elites together with the trash.

Here an Champion with 27 Trillion HP :

http://imgur.com/iQYrctd

After FoK with 7 Trillion HP left :

http://i.imgur.com/O5S4NUb.jpg

** this was with a ShuMuzi spec, but its the same concept with S2/M2
07/28/2016 07:14 AMPosted by Impreza
07/27/2016 11:25 PMPosted by Aidiology

A "normal" FoK crit does around 3-4 Trillion damage.

With 150AD, each AD proc gives you around 4.5 - 6 Trillion (each proc'd mob). That's why you always wanna clump the elites together with the trash.

Here an Champion with 27 Trillion HP :

http://imgur.com/iQYrctd

After FoK with 7 Trillion HP left :

http://i.imgur.com/O5S4NUb.jpg

** this was with a ShuMuzi spec, but its the same concept with S2/M2

Nice! A 20 trillion FoK! Wow!
why not vault? I use rattling roll but there are a couple of options.

I didn't even know about this build, started doing on zip basically emulating the barb raekor/boulder toss...

envious blade doesn't work with pets but is an alternate way for the crits...
really like this build, will participate in this thread now that i've seen it.

lots of fun.

also does shield ever work better than offhand? provide some more tank.
I just wanted to chime in here really quick. I quit playing a little bit into this season, but this concept was one that my friend and I tried to workout for the two-man leader boards, i.e. me as a grouping monk and him as an FoK DH. I think our highest clear was an 83, but that with ~700 paragon each and lower level gems. I am glad to see this concept actually works.

My question is, why use S2/M2, when you can get S2/UE4? Here is a link to my friends profile:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SnogTheHog-1304/hero/5020346

I think (and I havent read this entire thread, so this may have already been discussed), the 60%/60% multiplicative buff is way stronger than the defensive form M2.

We found that, in two mans, I would pull the pack and he would scout for elites. We would end up basically pull there entire map into one large clump. Most of the time we would have 4-5 elite packs at once... then explosion.

However, we did not try sharpshooter with no CC and no bolo throws, and it could be a huge increase in damage, since have 100% crit chance on FoK is very important.

Would love to here some thoughts on this.
Eigen,
Try adding a WD to your pull monk and the fok dh and you will certainly improve.

I did about three runs with that setup and the last was 83 and we missed it by seconds, if i recall correctly.

I was ~500 paragon and had a 1800 greenstone dagger with 180% fok and careless gear .... So it can be improved a lot.

But try it before 2.4.2 WD nerfs happen =)

Forty,
The issue i see about envious blade is the RG fight as he wont be one shot and afterwards you have no CHC to help you.
Also, stacking stricken at RG is a must and defeats the purpose of envious blade.
EigenVector: I actually don't get how the combination with UE works. The main problem I see with UE: bonus says you gain 60% increased damage if no enemy is within 10 yards of you. The reach of FoK is 20 yards and you always try to fire FoK when surrounded by as many enemies as you could herd. How would that work with UE?

Fourty: using vault resets sharpshooter.
07/29/2016 06:46 PMPosted by SapodoDiabo

Forty,
The issue i see about envious blade is the RG fight as he wont be one shot and afterwards you have no CHC to help you.
Also, stacking stricken at RG is a must and defeats the purpose of envious blade.

rgr, i'm using the passive too for longer fights.

didn't realize about the pets, that's handy.