Can you briefly help me understand Jade set?

Witch Doctor
So this
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/jade-harvesters-wisdom
set gives bonuses I don't understand. The first bonus is an augmentation to Haunt which seems impossible to me. An enemy, I thought, can only be affected by one Haunt at a time. When can it land on an enemy already affected? And the bonus for all 6: what does it mean it "consumes" the DoT effects? I have to have some going (any at all), and then they are suddenly applied instantly when SH is cast?
05/08/2016 10:34 AMPosted by onomastikon
An enemy, I thought, can only be affected by one Haunt at a time.

Yes. The point of this bonus is to reward you for continuing to cast Haunt on an enemy that is already Haunted. Basically, do you do a bunch more damage when you cast haunt on something already haunted.

05/08/2016 10:34 AMPosted by onomastikon
And the bonus for all 6: what does it mean it "consumes" the DoT effects? I have to have some going (any at all), and then they are suddenly applied instantly when SH is cast?

Yes. It's worth noting that this also requires the Creeping Death passive to work effectively.

Here's an example: Haunt normally does 4000% weapon damage over 12 seconds, or 333% weapon damage per second. Creeping Death causes Haunt to last for 3600 seconds at 333% weapon damage per second for a total of 1.2 million weapon damage. Quetzalcoatl causes Haunt to deal it's damage over half that duration, so with Creeping Death it effectively becomes 1.2 million weapon damage over 1800 seconds, or 666.7% weapon damage per second. Quetzalcoatl effectively doubles haunt damage. It also shortens the duration, but with Creeping Death the duration is so long that this isn't really a factor.

So now what happens when we Soul Harvest? We have Haunt on an enemy dealing 1.2 million weapon damage over 1800 seconds. Harvesting that enemy consumes 300 seconds worth of Haunt damage and deals it instantly as damage. So you instantly deal 200,000% weapon damage as Haunt damage, and the Harvested enemy has about 1500 seconds of Haunt duration left on it.

Make sense?
To add to TinneOnnMuin's very good explanation, the reason for the haunt damage bonus for re-casting it is to give you something to do in between soul harvest CDs, mainly for rift bosses.
Thank you very much. I'm still far away from completing this set but now I understand it. So haunt will "look for" a target and then "bounce off" because already haunted, and yet the game engine recognizes that and awards it with extra damage...
05/08/2016 11:29 PMPosted by onomastikon
So haunt will "look for" a target and then "bounce off" because already haunted, and yet the game engine recognizes that and awards it with extra damage...

Not really.
You have 5 targets grouped together by Piranhado.
Your first cast, 2 animations settle on 2 targets. Your second cast, 2 animations seek out nearby 2 targets. On your third cast, 1 animation goes to the 5th target, and the 2nd animation will refresh the DoT on 1 of the 5 targets (reset the countdown timer), selected by the AI. On your 4th cast, the 2 animations will refresh the DoT on 2 targets, selected by the AI.

On each application of the animation, Jade2 applies.
The jade set makes your dmg over time stuff, for example haunt or locust swarm, instant dmg, so it goes a lot faster. basically. And it gives you all the soul harvest runes.
Remember, you have to use the dmg over time stuff, before you use the soul harvest, that instants the dmg.