How come there are no posts about this new

Wizard
Check Xbrave + other 94 comp on HC ladder daiblorank.com

Something shady going on right there.. can anyone take a stab at it?
What?
The good ole double dipping from firebirds temporary dot.
3 zdps? What's wiz running? Why seem shady?
05/15/2016 05:06 PMPosted by Vox
3 zdps? What's wiz running? Why seem shady?

I think I got an idea but we need to test it :)
diablorank.com doesn't load for me :O
05/15/2016 05:04 PMPosted by Andrey
The good ole double dipping from firebirds temporary dot.

This sounds like what im looking for...

btw if no one knows what im talking about im talkin about solo wiz GR .. top ones in hc and im sure soon in sc..

have to use diablorank.com and hope for inspect.. he strips his char after but i did find profile.. and lol for some reason I didnt know this but you cant get on CN realm
okay okay I just took a screenshot of the gear.. look

http://i.imgur.com/P1HAUE7.png

Pretty sure I translated skills earlier and they are all fairly same to a normal firebirds archon except using Sparkflint for whatever reason..

Note: No chd (like on purpose even)

No Todo's .. No int gems.. just zeis on damage gem...
Check rank 9 on US seasonal wizard LBs.

0 CHC and CHD; it's like they assume crit modifiers don't affect FB dot. Maybe it doesn't? A bug or so.

A 94 clear with 0 CHC and CHD on gear, even a diamond in weapon. Two ancient pieces, legs and chest.

Something weird!

Edit: No stricken! Some bug, for sure! Paragon 800 btw.
05/15/2016 07:43 PMPosted by Allor
Check rank 9 on US seasonal wizard LBs.

WTH :O

How?
Talking about the Rank 9 dude, the things I've noted about his gear are:
1) No Crit chance or crit damage
2) No Chantado's
3) He's running 70.5% + 10% paragon + Evocation + Gogok CDR for ~71% CDR?
4) Archon Combustion (fire damage to proc Firebird's?)
5) No Stricken gem

Here's what I think I understand:
This Wizard's build is using the Archon combustion to proc the Firebird's dot on mobs and has around 8-9 seconds of downtime between each Archon (reduced with Obsidian Ring) before going back in. Because the lack for any desire for Crit Damage/Crit Chance gear, I am assuming that the Firebird's dot can't crit, so it is a useless stat. Additionally, attack speed also appears to be useless.

Elite damage in weapon since crit damage is not necessary.

Here's what I don't understand:
Why no gems like Bane of the Powerful over Esoteric?
Why use Aether Walker when the downtime outside of Archon is so short? Why not use an ancient weapon?
Why is he using Res All gems instead of Int gems?
I could maybe understand it for the potentially fast clear through elites in the GR. But it seems like there's no damage there for the Rift Guardian. I tried it on a lowly 75 rift with more or less similar gear (except the Fire Immunity amulet) and it had an "ok" clear speed. But when I reached the RG it took so long cause of no Stricken gem. I can't imagine a 94 RG being manageable even in 15mins...

Unless the fire immunity amulet somehow has a wonky interaction with Firebirds...?
O wow. This is a mystery!
05/15/2016 11:59 PMPosted by Vox

Not a mystery :) You go to certain place after opening GR, kill certain elite, get perma 50 FB stacks, go back to GRift and because you do not perma burn anymore you can keep that stack until the end :)

Win.
05/16/2016 01:09 AMPosted by RoGeR
Not a mystery :) You go to certain place after opening GR, kill certain elite, get perma 50 FB stacks, go back to GRift and because you do not perma burn anymore you can keep that stack until the end :)

So he skips all elites? Doesn't killing an elite reset that buggy 50 stacks?

How does he manage to kill a lvl 94 RG without Stricken?
I heard they are starting a Grift, then jumping out into an Act area where they hit once to start the DOT on a boss/guardian, then TP'ing back into the Grift where they now have a permanent 50-stack. They then kill only white trash all the way to the rift guardian so as not to lose the 50-stack, then they burn down the RGuardian.

That's the most interesting sounding guess I've come across so far at l;east, anyway.
it doesn't reset, unless grotesques or maybe there's something more behind it. killing them does reset the stacks. afaik, it's actually not grotesques, but the worms they're leaving behind. something about them

i had it bugged out for few times, so i could keep 50 stacks through couple rifts. and i'm pretty sure i killed some elites in the way.
05/15/2016 11:59 PMPosted by Vox

Not a mystery :) You go to certain place after opening GR, kill certain elite, get perma 50 FB stacks

The instant you kill an elite/blue/yellow, you lose the 50-stacks. The next one you ignite, you get the 50 back again.
05/16/2016 02:38 AMPosted by GamertagAdam

Not a mystery :) You go to certain place after opening GR, kill certain elite, get perma 50 FB stacks

The instant you kill an elite/blue/yellow, you lose the 50-stacks. The next one you ignite, you get the 50 back again.

No, if you do not perma burn them. That is the whole point. For the duration of the whole GRift you never perma ignite elite hence you cannot loose your perma 50 stacks.
Mmm, a bit skeptical that's the reason. Even if it were true, still doesn't address these questions:

(1) How is an elite ignited and not killed within the rift different from one outside the rift? Can't the regular Archon build do that anyway?
(2) Why drop all CC and CHD? Surely these stats help kill off whites? The 70% Elite damage he's stacking (from gem + Furnace) certainly doesn't help there.
(3) Why no Stricken? Even with perma-50 stacks (which other FB Archons still get on the RG), I find it unlikely you can kill a level 94 Rift Guardian on time without stricken? And with little to no ancient items (including weapon) to boot.