Haedrig's gift set in hardcore and softcore

General Discussion
Please stop separating the gifts between SC and HC. This is the second season that i get my gifts separated between HC and SC, meaning i can't get a full set in any of the modes.

I leveled a 70 on HC, so I got 1 haedrig's gift, I then went to play SC and got the 2 other haedrig's gift in SC. And they are locked in those modes. So I have 4 pieces in SC and 2 pieces in HC.

Would it kill the game to give a full set in both softcore and hardcore? I'm of the opinion that it would to the contrary benefit the overall experience of players. If you give them a full set in HC too, that would encourage people to play hardcore when they are bored with their characters in softcore.

Also if they die in HC with their set and decide it isn't for them and they go play SC, at least they will still have the set gift.

Please make your game better by giving us 3 haedrig's gift in both HC and SC. Or at least let us choose where to use the gifts ourselves, stop locking them to the mode on which the journey was completed.

Thank you.
It makes sense the way it currently is set-up.

You also said this happened to you last season, you think you would have remembered and planned this season accordingly. They also said on the front page of this site (about a month before season started) that you would only get each gift once, SC and HC, so pick carefully. Crazy what a bit of research can do.

You don't need a free set anyway in SC. There is no danger there, and sets drop so often anyway. I got all my Gifts on HC, and then pieced together a set on SC.
05/12/2016 07:58 AMPosted by Thphlstr

You also said this happened to you last season, you think you would have remembered and planned this season accordingly. They also said on the front page of this site (about a month before season started) that you would only get each gift once, SC and HC, so pick carefully. Crazy what a bit of research can do.

You don't need a free set anyway in SC. There is no danger there, and sets drop so often anyway. I got all my Gifts on HC, and then pieced together a set on SC.

It could be a way to get people to try out hardcore though. In Season 5 (haven't done it yet in Season 6, probably this weekend to finish everything), you had to level to 70 in HC to get Guardian. As soon as I hit 70, I salvaged everything, put it to TX and tried to see if I could run naked through an entire floor of a rift and make it as far as I could. I would not have spent any time to gear up, but if I was given the set like in softcore, I would probably have tried it for a while to see how high I could get, instead of killing off the character to get my slot back. This reminds me I never went to check the mail for HC S5... oh well.
05/12/2016 08:13 AMPosted by Namcap

It could be a way to get people to try out hardcore though. In Season 5 (haven't done it yet in Season 6, probably this weekend to finish everything), you had to level to 70 in HC to get Guardian. As soon as I hit 70, I salvaged everything, put it to TX and tried to see if I could run naked through an entire floor of a rift and make it as far as I could. I would not have spent any time to gear up, but if I was given the set like in softcore, I would probably have tried it for a while to see how high I could get, instead of killing off the character to get my slot back. This reminds me I never went to check the mail for HC S5... oh well.

You could just start in HC to get the free gifts and complete your set there instead of Sofctore. Then "work" to get a set in Softcore. But anyone rushing you will most likely just drop extras for you if you asked them (I know I do).
It's really not that hard to complete a set.
05/12/2016 08:33 AMPosted by Thphlstr

You could just start in HC to get the free gifts and complete your set there instead of Sofctore. Then "work" to get a set in Softcore. But anyone rushing you will most likely just drop extras for you if you asked them (I know I do).

This is what I did. Which is also why I am playing pretty much only HC this season (at least so far). I wanted to do all the achievements in HC, and then when I am done I will work on gearing my SC character.
05/12/2016 09:43 AMPosted by FireVixen
05/12/2016 08:33 AMPosted by Thphlstr

This is what I did. Which is also why I am playing pretty much only HC this season (at least so far). I wanted to do all the achievements in HC, and then when I am done I will work on gearing my SC character.

Exactly what im doing. I have 7 conquests so far. Only HC one left is the GR 75, but with a DH its kinda hard :(

I don't see how you think it 'makes sense' the way it's set up? Now, admittedly, it's the OP's own fault for buggering up the gifts. But HC and SC are completely separate in every way. There's no sharing between either side of any kind. So why should the gifts be a one-off shared between them? That doesn't make any sense.
05/12/2016 09:52 AMPosted by LostSoul
I don't see how you think it 'makes sense' the way it's set up? Now, admittedly, it's the OP's own fault for buggering up the gifts. But HC and SC are completely separate in every way. There's no sharing between either side of any kind. So why should the gifts be a one-off shared between them? That doesn't make any sense.
It's only odd if you bugger them up, as you say.

You can get a gift on one side (2pc) then get another on the other side (2pc) which then messed up getting a 6pc on your original side.

I'm fine with the gift being limited to one per account, but if you start the gift on HC or SC, you should be locked in to completing it on HC or SC.

But it's a big whatever. My opinion doesn't matter, only the dev's opinion does.
I did unlock my 3 gifts in season SC but never claimed/opened them -> They do not show up at all on my seasonal HC character... bugger...
08/15/2017 09:34 AMPosted by Kryyslee
I did unlock my 3 gifts in season SC but never claimed/opened them -> They do not show up at all on my seasonal HC character... bugger...

They are not supposed to. The mail and stash systems for the two are separate. You can only get the set in the mode you complete the Chapters in and you can only get it once per season. That is what it says in the blog post each season that covers it. https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20845160/first-look-season-11-7-5-2017

Completing Chapters 2, 3, and 4 of the Season Journey will reward you with three Haedrig’s Gifts—one for each Chapter. Each Gift contains a few pieces from one of your Class Sets. Players can only unlock one Class Set in this manner per Season across Hardcore and Non-Hardcore, so choose wisely!

You know you used to get the gift on multiple characters back when they first started the seasons. Then Blizzard decided to give only one. The reasoning they gave is insane. Some people say Blizzard simply wants players to play and play and play until all you dream about it D3. My opinion is that the 24/7 players complained and Blizzard has always listened to that 10% on every game they have ever made.

So you think it makes sense to get the gift only once in either HC or SC. Either you work for Blizzard or you're a member of that 10%. In either case you ain't as smart as you think you are.
06/04/2019 06:22 AMPosted by Seap

You know you used to get the gift on multiple characters back when they first started the seasons. Then Blizzard decided to give only one. The reasoning they gave is insane. Some people say Blizzard simply wants players to play and play and play until all you dream about it D3. My opinion is that the 24/7 players complained and Blizzard has always listened to that 10% on every game they have ever made.

So you think it makes sense to get the gift only once in either HC or SC. Either you work for Blizzard or you're a member of that 10%. In either case you ain't as smart as you think you are.

another one of those guys
You know you used to get the gift on multiple characters back when they first started the seasons. Then Blizzard decided to give only one

Never happened. It's always been 3 bags total across all modes and characters.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/19993877/first-look-season-5-12-22-2015
Play DH. The two set piece is pretty great this season. So even if you do split the set up, you can then easily get the remaining pieces.
05/12/2016 07:45 AMPosted by Zola
I leveled a 70 on HC, so I got 1 haedrig's gift, I then went to play SC and got the 2 other haedrig's gift in SC. And they are locked in those modes. So I have 4 pieces in SC and 2 pieces in HC.

Did you just finish the 1st 2 chapters? Because if you finish all 4 chapters then you would get all 6 pieces in HC. But if you only finish the 1st 2 chapters that is all you will get 2 pieces.

Then you went over to SC and did all 4 chapters right. If that is what you did then it isn't Blizzard fault. It is how you did it sorry it is your fault. I play both HC & SC it didn't happen to me.
You know you used to get the gift on multiple characters back when they first started the seasons. Then Blizzard decided to give only one. T

Completely false, as DonMartin points out. We have only gotten ONE set of Haedrigs Gift armor per Season. Ever. It has not changed.

In either case you ain't as smart as you think you are.

You do realize you are replying to a three year old thread from 2016? Right?

What is the point in Necroing an old thread to post false information for an OP who left years ago?