Damage log

General Discussion
There needs to be a damage log in this game, I'd like to know what killed me so i can fix what i did wrong. oh and fix the lag/rubber banding:)
There is a notification as to what killed you that pops up in chat. As for a damage log? They have said no to that many many times so it is unlikely.

There are two points the Devs have made about it. The first is that it can make many people select ONLY the build that gives highest number DPS vs a build that gets the job done, but is more fun. They want to leave some ambiguity about how everything works so that players are encouraged to test builds by playing, not just checking scores. Second, if it were a shared Recount type feature, it can be used by groups to harass/kick other players which is common behavior in games with that feature.

Any discussion about such a feature would need to include those points and counter them. After all, the last time they addressed it was long ago. The game has changed and it is possible that a healthy discussion might even get the topic back on the table.
05/14/2016 05:48 PMPosted by MissCheetah
The first is that it can make many people select ONLY the build that gives highest number DPS vs a build that gets the job done, but is more fun.

If people think high dps is fun then let them have their fun.

05/14/2016 05:48 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Second, if it were a shared Recount type feature, it can be used by groups to harass/kick other players which is common behavior in games with that feature.

Make it so recount only counts your damage and doesn't display your party members.
i mean no disrespect but id like to see the move used against me and damage done, not the mob that did it...kind of like when i played WoW.
05/14/2016 06:02 PMPosted by Mercenary
i mean no disrespect but id like to see the move used against me and damage done, not the mob that did it...kind of like when i played WoW.

While I understand that, it would require completely recoding the game. I am not sure they are willing to do that.
05/14/2016 06:53 PMPosted by MissCheetah
While I understand that, it would require completely recoding the game. I am not sure they are willing to do that.

Luckily, its already been done by a 3rd party. KJ is his name.