Blizzard, please fix Firebird Bug

General Discussion
05/22/2016 09:28 AMPosted by Kukiri
I don't have a pony in this race, but I do have a question.

As I understand games in general, an exploit is not an exploit until a GM/Dev says it's an exploit. Not because some randoms are complaining about creatively using in-game items to maximize whatever it is they want to be doing.

So, I ask this. Has there been any word from someone that matters calling this an exploit? Or is it just a bunch forum warriors claiming so?

There is something you clearly don't understand, Kukiri. Many of the bugs in this game are found by people playing the game. It is often only after playing the game for some time that you find the bug, generally by accident. Some of these do not necessarily come up in internal testing. The rule of thumb for this game is that if you find something like this, you are supposed to report it to blizzard via their email listed in the Bug Report forums. Believe me, it doesn't take words from someone that matters to know that the current FB bug is indeed a bug and the fact is, people who have no business being on the lb are exploiting it to get there.
No clue why people are downvoting or complaining about this as if it's something new or game-breaking. I'll even provide links to prove:

The "bug" being complained about here was an issue people raised about the set bonus mechanic in 2014 (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14279377907). It's been reported and discussed in every PTR since that time & every time it's been raised, the dev's have confirmed there are NO planned changes to it, because it would reduce the power of the set to a level they don't want (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20418712714?page=22#436).
05/22/2016 12:45 AMPosted by ArchMage
If you guys are talking about the 50 stack you get from elites,and then move to another level of the map to keep this stack, it is not working anymore.

I actually had this happen to me about an hour ago, I was confused as to why the stacks were still on and I have no idea how it happened.

What I notice more is that I don't get the buff when there's tons of mobs around me that are on fire.
You actually don't need Vyr+Firebird to make it happen, fyi. Seems like firebirds in general is bugged. I've had it happen to me a few times even though I've ignited/killed elites just by playing the game normally (i.e. not going out of my way to do it). If they ban people for just using the set that would be really messed up.

05/22/2016 04:58 PMPosted by Wolf
What I notice more is that I don't get the buff when there's tons of mobs around me that are on fire.

THIS. This is also a huge problem with the set. You could have 50 guys on fire but get credit for 8 of them. Very annoying. Basically the way the game counts the stacks is all kinds of messed up.
05/22/2016 05:05 PMPosted by Will
You actually don't need Vyr+Firebird to make it happen, fyi. Seems like firebirds in general is bugged. I've had it happen to me a few times even though I've ignited/killed elites just by playing the game normally (i.e. not going out of my way to do it). If they ban people for just using the set that would be really messed up.

this is not true at all because xploit need to don't burn elites more than one time in less than 3 sec aditionaly require low dps to work, so people using chantodo set dont be benefit from this because chantodo burn each 1 sec and use lots of dps..... again, bliz please fix this, im working hard to get my wiz on leaderboards, or at least let us know if this is ok, i have another wizard ready with this build to go higher......
[quote="207423178552"]again, bliz please fix this, im working hard to get my wiz on leaderboards, or at least let us know if this is ok, i have another wizard ready with this build to go higher......

They already confirmed back in season 4 that the mechanic wasn't getting fixed and that they wouldn't be addressing the issue for the end of season 4, or the start of season 5 & onwards. There have been blue-posts confirming this since all the way back in 2014, again through 2015 and then again at the start of this year: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20418712714?page=22#436

The "bug" that people are crying about in here has been a functioning build in the top of the leaderboards for a week now & nothing has been said or done about it, just like every previous season and going back to 2014.
05/22/2016 09:08 PMPosted by GamertagAdam
There have been blue-posts confirming this since all the way back in 2014, again through 2015 and then again at the start of this year: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20418712714?page=22#436

the "bug" you are related to is on 6 pc on stacks, the new xploit are from 4 pc passive and need special mechanics to work, the xploit was "discovered" from asian men and from 1 week to now there are some documents/forums talking about how it works,so is not the same "bug" you are talking about but it's just a little part of all xploit
I'm not sure what exploit this is but the 2 set bonus is bugged even during normal play. Half the time it randomly procs when it's not supposed to be proccing. I can't quite figure out what triggers it but it seems to be some kind of bugged interaction with wizard shields (galvanizing ward / magic weapon deflection). I suspect that when shields break in 1 hit, the firebird triggers for some strange reason even though you still have plenty of health left.

As someone who plays hardcore this is actually a pretty big deal because it makes the 2 set bonus really unpredictable and unreliable.

The FB set seems to always have some problem or other >_<
05/22/2016 09:22 PMPosted by Juanlife
05/22/2016 09:08 PMPosted by GamertagAdam
There have been blue-posts confirming this since all the way back in 2014, again through 2015 and then again at the start of this year: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20418712714?page=22#436

the "bug" you are related to is on 6 pc on stacks, the new xploit are from 4 pc passive and need special mechanics to work, the xploit was "discovered" from asian men and from 1 week to now there are some documents/forums talking about how it works,so is not the same "bug" you are talking about but it's just a little part of all xploit

The 6pc bug is the reason this build works, and its soemthing blizz has been aware of for a very long time and chosen not to change. There is no expolit with the 4pc, its working exactly as it was designed to. The only reason the build has come to light is people figured out what happens when you gear this way, most likely a result of the LoN sader build.
The bug is related to the 4pc bonus. It's been known about since season 1, but how to exploit it to generate such insane DPS is something that was recently discovered. I believe that the exploit does make use of the bug that allows you to keep 50 stacks forever.

The bugs being exploited were both known about before the season went live, but this particular way of exploiting them is new. It's kind of hard to explain without explaining if you know what I mean. Blizzard really need to clarify this and quickly.
05/22/2016 11:15 PMPosted by NBK
The 6pc bug is the reason this build works

no is not, belive me is on 4 pc pasive where is the main output to "special mechanism", 6pc bug is just to additive damage and is just part of all xploit, im not going to post the asian links where this is finded an discuses,

05/23/2016 12:36 AMPosted by Badesumofu
Blizzard really need to clarify this and quickly

agree
Can't agree more. Look at the global leader boards https://www.diablorank.com/grift/season6/softcore/solo/class_126/region_30/page_1

It's quit terrible now. I wonder if any build (without bug) can be found tomorrow on the first page.
You know why Blizz does not say anything at all? Because it is not a bug..
It is an unintended mechanic. Everything works as it should work according to the set bonus.. (FB4)
05/23/2016 05:19 AMPosted by thE
You know why Blizz does not say anything at all? Because it is not a bug..
It is an unintended mechanic. Everything works as it should work according to the set bonus.. (FB4)
So it's ok for people to start using the bug?
dam... i went from 200 to like 400 in a few days lmao. The FB bug is comical
Is there an official stance on this? blue post anywhere?
Last year's news.
06/18/2017 02:37 PMPosted by Seek
Is there an official stance on this? blue post anywhere?

HTF are you 2.300 paragon this season and do not know that this was fixed last year???