Which Element for InnaWuko Build

Monk
Hey All,

I've been playing a 6 Inna / 4 Sunwuko build (the Male monk in my profile), and I was wondering which element I would be best to ultimately aim for. I'm currently using holy simply due to my amulet/Skycutter, but I'd like to switch to Shenlong's once I get a good pair.

My damage is mostly coming from three sources, SWK 4 piece, allies, and my other skills - most notably sweeping wind. It's my understanding that SWK clones are your highest element, so I shouldn't worry there. For the allies, the water ally (Cold) does more damage with the active, but there are several Physical allies (I believe Earth, Air, and Enduring are all physical). For my other skills, the generator can be switched to any element easily so that's no concern. Cyclone strike is pretty much there only for utility, although if I went Cold, I'd probably try the cold rune just for the sake of it. That leaves Sweeping Wind. SW at 10 stacks is actually a sizeable chunk of damage, and would be strongest with Physical.

Basically this means I want either Cold or Physical, but I'm not 100% on the mechanics of these skills, and I wouldn't be surprised if the answer lay in some mechanics I didn't know about (things like how attack speed works with mystic ally, sweeping wind and SWK clones), and I was hoping someone here might be able to help out.

-Hawk
Unless you are just wanting to lazily run through T10 in which case the element doesn't matter, you should just change your build. Using full Sunwuko with wave of light or one of the basic Inna builds with R2 and shenlongs or bindings of the lesser gods will do far more damage than what you currently do.
where does the damage come from in this build? looks like you'e trying to buff holy for FoF? I don't think is going to do what you want it to do, not as well as it should be done at least.
Hawk, I think I can help you a bit.
Even though all your Mystic Allies are different elements, all of their damage is switched to the type that your rune is. Since your Mystic Ally skill has the Air Rune, they all do physical damage. I see that right now you already have bonus Holy damage. This is a problem because there is no way to make your Mystic Allies do holy damage. I would suggest that you try and use gear with bonus physical damage. Your main source of damage is your Sweeping Wind decoy, and the damage from that will automatically switch itself to physical once that becomes your highest bonus.
I would also suggest using the Diabo from the Inna's set as soon as you find one.
I notice that you have all your abilities set to Holy runes to compliment your bonus damage. This is not worth it because all your sources of damage besides Mystic Ally and the Decoy are going to be too minuscule to notice. Try and pick other abilities that either raise survivability or that buff the damage of your two main damage dealers.
Thanks Cepitore, that's exactly the info I was looking to find.
While the info Cepitore gave is pretty good, there is one thing he is wrong about. The rune you pick for mystic ally doesn't affect the damage at all. All 10 allies do physical damage with their normal attacks. The only things with mystic ally that aren't physical damage are the water waves and small fire explosions which are cold and fire. If you are going for maximized ally damage but not focusing around the active then physical damage is best. If you do plan to stack cdr, work around CoE, or use obsidian ring then cold damage is the best for the water ally active.
the 4 piece sunwoko bonus is literally useless

go sunwoko 6 + inna 2 or just sunwoko 6 + legendaries, hell empty gear slots would be more useful than sunwoko 4 piece bonus
05/26/2016 08:26 AMPosted by Jalantha
the 4 piece sunwoko bonus is literally useless

go sunwoko 6 + inna 2 or just sunwoko 6 + legendaries, hell empty gear slots would be more useful than sunwoko 4 piece bonus

With sunwuko 4pc plus vengeful wind you're dealing 10,000% weapon damage per second to the last whatever you've hit. That's not the dictionary version of literally useless.
With kyoshiro's blade, tzo krin's gaze, pinto's pride, and sunwuko 6 piece you are dealing 1,221,370% weapon damage per second. You only have to wait 2 minutes and 2 seconds for the 4 piece to do that much damage so I guess it isn't completely useless.
05/27/2016 11:21 PMPosted by AlienPrimate
With kyoshiro's blade, tzo krin's gaze, pinto's pride, and sunwuko 6 piece you are dealing 1,221,370% weapon damage per second. You only have to wait 2 minutes and 2 seconds for the 4 piece to do that much damage so I guess it isn't completely useless.

I get what you're saying, but InnaWuko is a fun build if you're not trying to push past GR65. With 50% damage reduction (basically the same as double unity) and 10,000% per second damage with vengeful wind, the four piece bonus takes way too much flak on these forums. Definitely an upgrade over empty gear slots, as Jalantha proposed. Maybe the OP just enjoys the build. I do, and I'm aware it'll never get me anywhere on the leaderboards.