Kanai's Cube Question

Items and Crafting
Hello! Kind of a noob. How do you know which powers you are allowed to extract from various legendaries? I watched a video guide on Kanai's Cube and it said something to the effect that only some abilities can be extracted for various classes. I.e., a monk cant extract a certain ability, but a barb could. How do I know which ones I can extract without manually reading everything in the recipe book? Thanks!
if the legendary item has an orange secondary power....it can be extracted.
05/20/2016 12:10 PMPosted by Farkall
if the legendary item has an orange secondary power....it can be extracted.

This is not completely accurate. Hellfire passives cannot be extracted and neither can halcyons amulet legendary power. I believe there are a few more as well but I cannot remember what they are.
There are a few things to it:

Class specific procs are unique to that class, so you wont have a monk using barb earthquake due to a legendary effect in the cube.

The class has to be able to equip the item. So a demon hunter cant use two handed weapon procs since they cant wield the weapon.

Unique legendaries that have different procs based on the class (hellfire/halcyons for example) cannot be extracted.

Legendary items that have transformative effects on the weapon (corrupted ashbringer for example) cant be extracted.
Other than having the character match the class, are the cube powers limited to level 70 characters, or can I turn on cube powers for a level 55 wizard? (I already have a level 70 wizard and level 70 barb and level 70 WD.)
05/26/2016 07:16 AMPosted by SareKNight
Other than having the character match the class, are the cube powers limited to level 70 characters, or can I turn on cube powers for a level 55 wizard? (I already have a level 70 wizard and level 70 barb and level 70 WD.)

The cube powers are available to all levels, just like paragon points. So a level 1 character can get a pretty decent boost from the cube powers, not to mention the cube recipe that can remove level requirements from items.
Hi Guys,

I just figured out how to use this Kanai's cube yesterday.. I'm splurging on extracting legendary powers. haha.

My question is... Is it worth extracting these powers or am I better off selling the legendary items or maybe just salvage it?
05/20/2016 06:26 AMPosted by JohnYeWest
How do I know which ones I can extract without manually reading everything in the recipe book?

Hi! Look at he orange square next to the legendary power. If it's empty, you can extract it. If it's full you can't, either because you already have it on you cube or it can't be extracted at all.

05/26/2016 06:57 PMPosted by irhene05
My question is... Is it worth extracting these powers or am I better off selling the legendary items or maybe just salvage it?

It's generally a bad idea to sell any items, as gold is much easier to get than materials, even common ones. Just keep legendaries until you decide if you are going to use or extract it, or if you need Forgotten Souls or stash space, salvage a few of them.