Remove Perdition GF guardian

General Discussion
05/23/2016 08:06 PMPosted by Jeetkundo
05/23/2016 01:49 PMPosted by Lorenz
I'm sure anyone that is a glass cannon

stop being glass cannon then or learn to play

Perdition isn't a hard counter for glass cannons. That's what stuff like reflect damage or unavoidable damage mechanics are for. You can literally master this fight to the point of not taking any damage at all, unless you have an awful connection or are simply bad at the game. It's not any harder than any other charging enemy, really. Remember back in vanilla when terrible players would whine because they got charged by savage beasts, despite them having a clearly telegraphed windup animation? Same case here.

05/24/2016 01:38 PMPosted by tmorrow
If Perdition is so easy, so trivial to dodge, then why do all top streamers leave the high grifts whenever Perdition spawns? I've watched streamers play barbs, crusaders, dh's, monks and wizards and none of them want to take on Perdition.

Because they're bad. period. Being a streamer doesn't mean you're necessarily good at the game you know? It takes no more effort to deal with Perdition at high GR levels than it does at GR60. It does take way longer because of the stupidly bloated healthpools, of course, but the guy will 1shot you if you screw up even at 60, so it's simply a matter of timing. If you learn to dodge him consistently, it's just a matter of patience, really. Every single attack he performs is 100% avoidable.

05/24/2016 01:38 PMPosted by tmorrow
I play DH and Perdition is the only boss I have problems against at high grifts. I cannot consistently get the timing right for when to dodge. I end up dodging too often and running out of dodge resource and then getting the inevitable spawn right on top of me. Also, Perdition cheats, I have been in the middle of a dodge several times and found Perdition magically at my landing location. I have only found one map where I can cheese Perdition by standing halfway up a narrow walkway where Perdition never teleports to.

Again, go learn some timing with Rakanoth. It's how I learned to deal with him. You can even do this in normal, just unequipping your weapon/thorns (so he doesn't kill himself) and learn to react appropriately to his windup animations. Don't claim he cheats when many of us are able to dodge him consistently. If he did indeed cheat, nobody would ever be able to dodge him. It's hard to describe in words, but I vault right when he starts moving forward after backing to gain momentum. I learned to time this with Rakanoth. It's not easy at the beginning, but eventually you'll learn it through sheer muscle memory.

Now, if you're really running out of discipline, then you must be doing something terribly wrong, because you don't need to vault more than once or twice every few seconds, especially given the UE's heavy reliance on max discipline. No offense, but that's simply a case of L2P. UE DHs should know better than spamming vault unnecessarily by now.

Another good trick for solo to cancel many of his charges: Equip your follower with a thunderfury or fulminator and a wyrdward. He'll be stunned very often.
I'm sure anyone that is a glass cannon can understand where I'm coming from. For all of you that say I should get more toughness you are wrong. On my WD with full stacks of soul harvest has over 200mil toughness and this GR guardian still one shots me.

Today I was in a solo 65 GR to lvl gems. I have over 1/3 of my time bar left. I failed the rift because this guardian killed me over and over again without time to react or even bring my pets out. What is the point of this guardian other than to waste people's time?

The only change to this game I would like to see is for this boss to be removed or reworked.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/alEGy-pVIMM/maxresdefault.jpg

This is who I'm talking about if you don't know the name

I went through the same thing last night at 65. Fun times. :)
I'm sure anyone that is a glass cannon can understand where I'm coming from. For all of you that say I should get more toughness you are wrong. On my WD with full stacks of soul harvest has over 200mil toughness and this GR guardian still one shots me.

Builds a glass cannon and wonders why he dies.Which just goes to show you, for you, you do not have enough life or toughness, if you are still getting one shotted.
L2P issue

05/23/2016 02:03 PMPosted by Alone
Save Spirit Walk for his Teleport. His animations give away his intentions. I primarily play a WD and have very little issue with this guy anymore.

If OP is talking about his seasonal WD if he ain't moving he isn't getting his defensive bonus, just his offensive bonus, which sounds like what he is doing because he is waiting for the RG to jump on him before he decides it's a good idea to move. When he should be moving all the time to get more defence.
He does kinda suck for us HC players. If he spawns across the map and hits with 1 shot, then we have already burned our death save leaving little room for error. Not impossible, but very very unpleasant.

I think i will in fact go practice vs Raknaroth.
Girlfriend Guardian? Are you dating a minor?
This guy is no issue, I hate the dam RG's that run all over. The stupid poison guy with a bunch of tentacles whose sole reason for being is just kiting backwards while doing nothing to waste your time or that frost mage that teleports all over.... The only RG that I have issues with is ghom, unless you can walk him just in front of his poison clouds while still being able to hit him he can be literally impossible for melee builds, its even worse when your not solo and the other players in your party dont know how to walk him and them literally being there makes the kill take 7 minutes longer than it would solo. I literally have to tell people to stop clicking revive because they are that useless.
If theres any RG that should be removed/reworked I sure hope choker is #1 on that list.
So stupid that you can't block/controll him like the other bosses. Just ignores everything and sometimes even leave the map so you can't hit at all.
I find playing a DH that this RG can be challenging because of the off screen teleport. If I can't see it, it shouldn't be able to see me.
If you are talking about his blink strike, the trick is to spirit walk when his elbows/swords or whatever are at the apex/highest point.

Streamers quit because most of the time they are fishing for a specific RG. + you don't even need to kill the RG once you don't need the gem upgrades. It's just more efficient if you look at xp per time spent.
05/24/2016 02:25 PMPosted by Flaco

I don't know about you, but if someone can't grasp the concept of "obvious, glowing animation followed by oneshot" after a maximum of five minutes I'd seriously question that persons a) eyesight or b) ability to draw basic logical conclusion of "x leads to y".

So you are unable or unwilling to answer the question that I asked and instead resort to raising a pathetic straw man and then have the gall to suggest someones ability to draw logical conclusions. Project much?
05/24/2016 08:33 PMPosted by ImOldGreg
This guy is no issue, I hate the dam RG's that run all over. The stupid poison guy with a bunch of tentacles whose sole reason for being is just kiting backwards while doing nothing to waste your time or that frost mage that teleports all over.... The only RG that I have issues with is ghom, unless you can walk him just in front of his poison clouds while still being able to hit him he can be literally impossible for melee builds, its even worse when your not solo and the other players in your party dont know how to walk him and them literally being there makes the kill take 7 minutes longer than it would solo. I literally have to tell people to stop clicking revive because they are that useless.

how do u walk him?
05/24/2016 10:55 PMPosted by Jamie
I find playing a DH that this RG can be challenging because of the off screen teleport. If I can't see it, it shouldn't be able to see me.

This actually seems really reasonable in reference to initiating the encounter. I.e., it would be nice if a rift guarding couldn't warp to you until after you yourself made 1st line of sight/attack. Since you do actually have to engage them if u want to finish the rift.
05/23/2016 03:02 PMPosted by lukipela
The trick is that a boss should not have an instakill that cannot be dodged.

Or you know....you could position properly?

Use survival cooldowns?

Be an actually good player?
05/25/2016 07:54 PMPosted by tmorrow
05/24/2016 02:25 PMPosted by Flaco

I don't know about you, but if someone can't grasp the concept of "obvious, glowing animation followed by oneshot" after a maximum of five minutes I'd seriously question that persons a) eyesight or b) ability to draw basic logical conclusion of "x leads to y".

So you are unable or unwilling to answer the question that I asked and instead resort to raising a pathetic straw man and then have the gall to suggest someones ability to draw logical conclusions. Project much?

Thing is... This topic pops up what it feels like every week. A simple search would give so many answers on how to approach this Rift Guard. Hell, I even linked some youtube vids in the past, showing the exact animation and when to prepare for the oneshot yet people remain stubborn and are like "no it's unavoidable and unfair". This, and the fact that people nowadays start crying at the slightest bit of difficulty in a videogame (oh no suddenly we cant play with our feet and win) KINDA fills me with grief. I'm also legitimately astonished how people still have trouble finding out what gives the oneshot away and how to dodge it. It's almost like people playing a Zelda game and asking how to kill a specific boss, when he just stops attacking and reveals some gigantic weak spot (like an eye or something) which BEGS to be attacked. Usually 4-year-old have a problem of figuring this out, but grown ups (or say 12+ year olds) that already know how to operate a computer that can't figure out this basic "animation leads to attack" pattern really surprise me.
screw perdition
In the immortal words of Young MC...
(slightly paraphrased)

You're on a mission and your wishin'
Someone could nerf your OP Perdition
Lookin' for loot in all the wrong places
No fine legs just yellow bracers
From frustration first inclination
Is to become a monk and leave the situation
But every dark tunnel has a light of hope
So best move yourself, static-play can't cope

Just bust a move!
^^ LOL...that's pretty good...

I hate to agree with known trolls here, but they seem to have the right answer; study Perdition, move when he teleports, get the timing right. Too soon, and he teleports on you at your destination; too late, and he kills you where you stand.

You want an RG that's annoying, how about Cold Snap at GR75+...lol
08/27/2016 05:12 PMPosted by OldPro
^^ LOL...that's pretty good...

I hate to agree with known trolls here, but they seem to have the right answer; study Perdition, move when he teleports, get the timing right. Too soon, and he teleports on you at your destination; too late, and he kills you where you stand.

You want an RG that's annoying, how about Cold Snap at GR75+...lol

Cold snap is a completely broken boss - everything about him is either insanely easy or barely possible to counter. You have CC immunity? Cool, the fight is literally tank n spank. Don't have cc immunity? Have fun kiting for 98% of the fight or being perma-frozen for dozens of consecutive seconds (where the heck is MY ramping cc resistance?!?). Can you survive his instant and avoidable charge without getting one shot? Cool, nothing else he does will threaten you. Can't survive it, and can't spam smokescreen/spirit walk/etc and get lucky? Too bad, have fun chain dying. I always hated this boss and the fact that he is easy on say a perma vengeance DH does nothing to change how broken he is for many other setups that don't have perma "ultimate" forms.
Being a solo HC player, I just bail if I get a bad guardian. It's not like running GRs is a one-time thing. I don't mind missing out on a few of the thousands I've run if it keeps me alive.

Think of it as fishing taken to it's logical conclusion.
WD has the easiest time defending against his oneshot