Ring of Royal = ironic joke?

Hardcore
The drop rate on the Ring of Royal Grandeur has gotta be a cruel joke.
I've read plenty of comments from people saying they farmed over and over again Act 1 bounties like 75+ times while trying to obtain this ring.

75.... like wow....><

Here you got a ring that supposedly helps lower the requirements for people lacking a set peice but the devs have made the ring almost dogone impossible to obtain!.
What use is this stupid thing if you already got like 5-6 complete sets already before one even drops?
I mean all I get is stupid thorns bracers each and every time I get the stupid idea to do an act 1 bounty hoping that ring will drop...
Fix the drop rate on that ring already, its just retarded already.
I wanted the thorns bracers! I kept getting the damn RoRG.
05/21/2016 07:38 PMPosted by Bond
I wanted the thorns bracers! I kept getting the damn RoRG.

Do your bounties with a demon hunter only then.....
For the life of me all I get is thorns bracers and I got like over 200 act 1 bounty mats right now staring me stupidly in the face.
By all means dont try to get thorns bracers on a crusader, you will never get them cause this game is damn evil! and nonsensical.
dropping fine for me..have to fs all of them these days anyways!
I have about a dozen of them.
75.... like wow....><
At first I had to check if this thread was a necro from Patch 2.0.6. Having played the Xbox 360 version before purchasing ROS for the PC, I can honestly tell you that "75" is not far off the number of times it took me to obtain a Ring of Royal Grandeur. Don't even ask how many tries it took to get Illusory Boots out of the Act II caches!

With that said, ever since I switched to the PC version, which was around the time of Patch 2.4.0, I have noticed a significant increase in the frequency that Ring of Royal Grandeur drops from Act I caches. I would go so far as to say it's fairly common and easy to obtain. Saying otherwise would leave me to believe that you or someone else is having some serious bad luck, because after 75 tries, I'd expect to have around 20 Rings of Royal Grandeur.

Seriously, check the dates on some of those comments. They're probably outdated.
4 man spilt on normal. Stash and inventory full of baggies, open all. No ring, Nope. Do it all again.

Had to be empowered by booze to do those runs.. Those were the days.
It's close to a 100% droprate on T10. Or feels something very high like that given how many of them I salvaged despite not doing that many bounty runs.

Just join some split games the highest you can do. If you can't solo in them then tag along with someone or ask your friends to do one while you wain in town or something.
It´s 100% chance to drop a bounty leg at T6, at TX you have chances for extra leg. And I can´t say for sure, but I strongly believe that the drop rate for all bounty legs are the same, so you have 1/5 chance to get one at T6. If you are farming lower than T6 you are doing it wrong. If you are farming T6 or up and claims 75 runs and no ring, I say it´s bullcrap as you at 20 runs you have 99% of getting it.
~1 ring every 2-3 runs on T10 with the chance in a4 to get one or two legs from any act and one or two chances in a1 you have per run a 25-50% chance to get it (25 -> 1/5 chance from a1 and 1/20 chance from a4 minimum and max 2/5 chance from a1 and 2/20 chance from a4) ...

Also like one before said, i had to check too if this is a necro thread - because back in the days the ring was like mega rare and 70+ runs where common - but since T10 patch the ring is so uncommon ...

if you are still kind of weak best to do is T7 bounties - if you are strong enough already T10 is the way to go. T7 because you get 2 extra mats per cache + bonus cache and the next increase is at T10 - so T8-9 makes no real sense
Given what the ring dose, it makes sence that it would be something not very easily obtainable. Especially with the Cube being in play. Hell, I would expect legendary to be almost impossible to get.
05/23/2016 01:13 AMPosted by Tubs
It´s 100% chance to drop a bounty leg at T6, at TX you have chances for extra leg. And I can´t say for sure, but I strongly believe that the drop rate for all bounty legs are the same, so you have 1/5 chance to get one at T6. If you are farming lower than T6 you are doing it wrong. If you are farming T6 or up and claims 75 runs and no ring, I say it´s bullcrap as you at 20 runs you have 99% of getting it.

this, got 2 and only played like 10 hours this season lol
clearly a troll thread. he's probably salvaged dozens by now and just pissed that he hasn't got the perfect roll.
I've been playing d3 since vanilla. I would play on and off. Due to kids, work, and school. I've even skipped seasons every now and again. I just farmed my first ring it took me 1 hour on my witch doctor. Season 7. Kinda stoked to tinker around with my build and such now.
I'm still trying to find another Unity Ring.
I'm low on those consumables to socket weapon.
08/13/2016 06:17 PMPosted by Shinigami
I've been playing d3 since vanilla

And this is your first post.....
Thanks!
We need more months old necros.
If you do low level bounty, as I suspect you do looking at your profile, try the tin foil hat technique.
Which is: Minimize your change of getting any leg by NOT opening any chest, NOT clicking on corpse, NOT killing unnecessary elites...
and NOT open A1 bounty either, but keep it in your inventory....
When a leg finally do drop despite all of that, or maybe after 1 hour of game play without leg, open all your A1 bounty reward.
Good chance of having an RoRG. Worked for me!
wailing host and litany looks worth to build up while gathering set items and pushing higher. gonna do that on my naked DH
I've been running T10-T11 act one bounties, and have had 20-30 act 1 legs drop for me and no RRoG so far this season... I changed my build around due to the ring not falling... So I would have to agree.