6pc Raekor's needs a tweak(I reckon)

Barbarian
Like if a Furious Charge generated more 6pc FC charges, maybe 1 for each mob it hit(with some limit).

Or generate 1 per charge still, although Spender uses up only 1 charge, but it increases damage by 3000%(or similiar).

I'm just trying to move the playstyle to be more about the spender and less about the charging.

I like FC.. have used it since i first got it, i enjoy its charge into battle and slay everything around you.. then charge to the next fight, slay everything there, etc repeat

I really hate the ChargeChargeChargeCharge ChargeChargeChargeChargeCharge ChargeChargeChargeCharge Then smash once or twice.. then back to some ChargeChargeCharging....playstyle.

Dont get me wrong, Furious Charge giving a boost to a spender is exactly what I wished for a year or 2 ago. So, its great.. but atm it really only benefits a playstyle with infrequent massive heavy hitting spenders.. ie Boulder Toss. You just dont generate enough 6pcFC charges to wail on the bad guys with HOTA or SS or even WW.

I have been looking for a 6pc build that utilises a different spender, and tried some of my own.
- Earthquake is too infrequent(oh but if we could also get the 2pc bonus of MOTE)
- as i said HOTA and SS(and botw Bash) use the 6pcFC charges up way to fast.. at high grs the mobs arent dead by the time youve run out.
- If WW used a 5 charge per activation/channel, it might be ok, but using 5 charges every second or whatever it does, its just not sustainable.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

Hith
What you're saying here is make the power creep times 5
First of all EQ doesn't gets bonus from Raekor 6p..cuz blizz is sneaky...same way that made WW using fury will not reduce CD for MOTE 2p

So blizz knows how to program but uses the excuse of "complicated code to find the problem" only to screw up skills and items effects that doesn't likes to be used in certain combos

Secondly
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20742925850#1

Thirdly basically more or less what they did for for Monks Storm's set charging around finally this patch(after 3 patches) where now generators increase damage to their Charge and BUT also Charge after used increases the dmg to generators yet again

Same Should have been be done for Raekor also and make meaningful spenders for charge damage also for 6p bonus that after used a spender get increase in damage to Charge damage
Thus making viable a build on using for Rakeor 6p the
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/standoff
in combo with the 300th
OR equipping SS weapon or HOTA wep and cubing Standoff

And a new item (mighty belt, or a weapon probably) that will increase the damage done of spenders at cost of higher cost of fury spending, so that HOTA and SS find a place to compete with Boulder toss that monopolized nearly all builds
05/18/2016 03:45 AMPosted by Dmoney

If AS BT is the creep in the room, then fix him, don't break the whole spender play style because of it.
I do have to agree that BT still feels clunky and is (at least for me) not enjoyable to play.
Yet AS/BT is the only Barb Spender which got a specific item which boosts its usability.

I really like some suggestions, like some items which would make spenders consume more fury for more damage.

However, all that would not fix the problem that Raekor and Mote force a specific skill and/or playstyle which favor a massive fury dump like currently only BT provides.

In addition, Mote and Raekor can be used as 4p/6p together with IK, which is a hindrance to a buff to IK. If IK couldnt be paired with Mote/Raek the IK 6p Bonus could easily be buffed to 800 or 1000%.
05/18/2016 06:26 AMPosted by Mushtak
However, all that would not fix the problem that Raekor and Mote force a specific skill and/or playstyle which favor a massive fury dump like currently only BT provides.

In addition, Mote and Raekor can be used as 4p/6p together with IK, which is a hindrance to a buff to IK. If IK couldnt be paired with Mote/Raek the IK 6p Bonus could easily be buffed to 800 or 1000%.

BT still remains good because with 1 hit/use u deplete fury reset CD's and do max damage
But other spenders became better because if balanced properly
-Yes 1 BT does that damage max damage in 1 hit d helps faster with reset CD's
-But others spenders with 1 hit will do less damage, but wont deplete fury, with second hit already does more damage than 1 BT cast and with third hit when finally deplete all fury u did like 200% more damage than BT, yes will take more time to reset CD's but will get way more dmg for spender portion, or burn dmg in COE phase for example

As for IK being gimped with final 6p bonus is just a lie form bliz, not caring to fix it and leave it there to e used as bait to show later to players that they introduce new changes to game when they could have done that ages ago and balance finally all this game with its sets

And Mote/IK combo wont happen because EQ weapon haves DIBS on weapon and lose a lot of damage if cube it, and MOTE still haves more final 6p damage than IK for reverse combo

Raekor/IK doesn't haves this problem wen cube its weapons((which is good for sake of diversity), but if blizz introduces the changes to 6p Raekor to make spender increase damage of Charge in 6p also, they can re-balance the dmg in 4p bonus of Raekor and raise higher the IK 6p with no problems

And keep builds that work now, while getting up Sets combo builds that dont work now like IK+HOTA/SS primaries and hopefully Pets builds
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/remorseless

PS: IK2p needs a 100% dmg to primaries also together with current existing bonus
05/18/2016 03:45 AMPosted by Dmoney

No, what I described was a way to try to keep the damage output the same, just re-tune it to make other Spenders a viable way to achieve that damage.

Limiting factors would still be amount of Fury available, Attack Speed, etc as well as 6pcFC charges.

But atm you need 5 charges to get the full 3750% damage increase. It doesnt take a maths genius to work out you need to charge 5 times to get that bonus.

If we allowed FC to generate a charge per mob hit(limited to 5), then you'd only need to charge once(mostly). So, even that slight change would allow a more 'Spender' oriented gameplay/less FCing.

The reason I mentioned 3000% was me saying, perhaps the total damage bonus needed to be tweaked if in the case of a change like this.. a Barb kept up the ChargeChargeChargeCharge playstyle, and did in fact never run out of FC6pc charges(after these changes), and they could constantly pound with SS with the full 5 charges bonus.

I actually, dont see a problem with a 6pc set ability giving a class a 3750% bonus to their spenders, it about brings it in line with other classes/set. But as I said.. maybe the numbers need a tweak.

Hith
05/18/2016 04:48 AMPosted by Enoone

First of all EQ doesn't gets bonus from Raekor 6p..cuz blizz is sneaky...same way that made WW using fury will not reduce CD for MOTE 2p

Hardcast EQ will take up 5 Raekor stacks. Other sources of EQ (from BOTT) would however not get the bonus from Raekor as they do not use fury.

05/18/2016 01:52 AMPosted by Hithnass
I have been looking for a 6pc build that utilises a different spender, and tried some of my own.

SS is actually viable. But you need a very specific playstyle to do so (using only during COE boost). It's however difficult to play for overall limited reward.
05/18/2016 07:21 PMPosted by DAKKON
05/18/2016 04:48 AMPosted by Enoone

Hardcast EQ will take up 5 Raekor stacks. Other sources of EQ (from BOTT) would however not get the bonus from Raekor as they do not use fury.

05/18/2016 01:52 AMPosted by Hithnass

SS is actually viable. But you need a very specific playstyle to do so (using only during COE boost). It's however difficult to play for overall limited reward.

yes they take the stacks but not the damage :P