26 hours of play - my goblin results

General Discussion
Decided to start keeping track of my actual play time and the number of goblins I have seen and the types. Am playing a WD doing T3 difficulty with the typical act 1 and act 3 maps (ended up dropping Act 3 altogether and added Weeping Hollow and The Cemetry of the Forsaken - final 7 hours show only Act 1 map results).

Total for all 26 hours

290 goblins

2 rainbow goblins .7%
16 menagerie goblins 5.5%
15 gel golbins 5.2%
37 blood shard goblins 12.8%

** First 9 hours

96 goblins

2 bandit shrines (not included in the total above)

1 Menagerie goblin
0 Rainbow goblins
6 Gel goblins
13 Blood Shard goblins

Didn't keep a breakdown of the rest of the goblins.

I would love to see other peoples stats if they have been keeping track.

Update

** 10 more hours of play

3 bandit shrines (not included in totals)

88 goblins
7 Menagerie goblins (found 4 one day in an hour)
2 Rainbow goblins
5 Gel goblins
11 Blood shard goblins

** Update final 7 hours of play

1 bandit shrine (not included in totals)

106 goblins
8 Menagerie goblins
0 Rainbow goblins
4 Gel goblins
13 Blood share goblins
I don't know how much time it took but I can say from character creation to paragon 428, I've had 3 menagarie goblins and 1 rainbow goblin.

edit: forgot I could check individual play time per character. About 47 hours.
05/19/2016 04:31 AMPosted by Aliphim
I don't know how much time it took but I can say from character creation to paragon 428, I've had 3 menagarie goblins and 1 rainbow goblin.

I stopped playing this seasonal account at p532 and I had 3 menagarie and 3 rainbow goblins just playing normally but I suspect I played over 70 hours ( might switch accounts to edit this for exact time later on). Actually 52 hours - figured 70 hours was a bit high for the one character I was playing after I thought about it a bit more.
So funny, I completely ignore goblins most of the time. I've encountered packs in rifts that I've barely glanced at. No way I spend time running after those little creeps with my invoker set. :)
05/19/2016 05:45 AMPosted by Shanso
So funny, I completely ignore goblins most of the time. I've encountered packs in rifts that I've barely glanced at. No way I spend time running after those little creeps with my invoker set. :)

won't get the pets in rifts anyway.
Took me a week to get all the pets.
Got a couple bandit shrines.
Quite a few Gel Gobs.
13953248053948503945734957 Gem goblins.
My figures aren't detailed. I play for a few hours per day. I've managed roughly 1 pet per day. One day I got 3 pets. I still have 7 to get. I've run into 5-6 bandit shrines. I've found the rainbow goblins to be about as rare as the menagerist goblin. I've got the vault several times too. I'm playing alone and that makes a big difference. I'm expecting about 3 weeks of a few hours per day to get them all.

Playing separate games with 3 others and grouping whenever a menagerist is found would be roughly 4 times faster so getting them all in a week is reasonable if you've got a team.
05/20/2016 03:56 AMPosted by tmorrow
My figures aren't detailed. I play for a few hours per day. I've managed roughly 1 pet per day. One day I got 3 pets. I still have 7 to get. I've run into 5-6 bandit shrines. I've found the rainbow goblins to be about as rare as the menagerist goblin. I've got the vault several times too. I'm playing alone and that makes a big difference. I'm expecting about 3 weeks of a few hours per day to get them all.

Playing separate games with 3 others and grouping whenever a menagerist is found would be roughly 4 times faster so getting them all in a week is reasonable if you've got a team.

I am playing solo and only play for a few hours each day and I get one pet every 4 days or so...but that is why I started keeping actually track of hours.
I will start to keep track on the gobs, been doing a couple of hours farming every night and so far I only have seen 3 pet gobs they are quite rare (got the pet I wanted on the 3rd gob so I am quite happy), I have seen 4 rainbow gobs but no wings, the layer of RNG sucks in this one but its ok, wouldnt be fun if the item was to common, I like this extra added flavor into adventure mode gives me something to do when I dont feel like pushing my limits on Greater rifts, blizz should add more of this cosmetic treasure hunts!
Some of my routing details.

act1: northern highland, full clear or until goblin found, then leorics hunting ground full clear or until goblin found.
act1: southern highland, attempt to get straight to cave of moon clan (has variable locations). Inside cave level 1 full clear or until goblin then floor 2 full clear or until goblin.
act1: the royal crypts, clear left and right wings then up to pillars and leorics ghost only.
act1: the festering woods, full clear or until goblin.
act3: tower of the damned level 1: 360 degree outer clockwise circuit or until goblin.
act3: tower of the cursed level 1: 360 degree outer anticlockwise or until goblin.
act5: pandemonium fortress level 1: full circuit or until both goblins found (always has 0 or 2 goblins).

Don't pick up stuff. Don't waste time in the vault. Don't stop to kill mobs.
^ you forgot already act3 "road to azmadon" (cant remember real words) level.

Im done the same some runs with angry chicken build, t10.
+-1 gay goblin per 1 hour.
05/20/2016 06:34 AMPosted by tmorrow
Some of my routing details.

act1: northern highland, full clear or until goblin found, then leorics hunting ground full clear or until goblin found.
act1: southern highland, attempt to get straight to cave of moon clan (has variable locations). Inside cave level 1 full clear or until goblin then floor 2 full clear or until goblin.
act1: the royal crypts, clear left and right wings then up to pillars and leorics ghost only.
act1: the festering woods, full clear or until goblin.
act3: tower of the damned level 1: 360 degree outer clockwise circuit or until goblin.
act3: tower of the cursed level 1: 360 degree outer anticlockwise or until goblin.
act5: pandemonium fortress level 1: full circuit or until both goblins found (always has 0 or 2 goblins).

Don't pick up stuff. Don't waste time in the vault. Don't stop to kill mobs.

I do the same route except include that little room near the cathedral (leroic's something can't remember name), I do core arreat as well but I think is a waste of time since I have only found one goblin in there. I don't do the fortress either.

I don't pick up stuff or kill mobs but the odd time I got sucked into vault I do it - not doing to make much difference adding 5 minutes considering I am working on a 10 hours per pet schedule.
05/20/2016 06:46 AMPosted by Life2v
^ you forgot already act3 "road to azmadon" (cant remember real words) level.

Im done the same some runs with angry chicken build, t10.
+-1 gay goblin per 1 hour.

And I play for 10 hours before I see one rainbow one - I am not wasting time so I don't get the huge difference. I plan to add to this next week to show what happens over a longer play period of time but I doubt I am going to see a huge change in that.

I am playing non seasons though, my seasons character had better success rates (although limited sample).

Do you think difficulty makes a difference, I was doing the runs on my monk before on T10 and I did see more rainbow goblins but my monk is a lot slower covering the maps.
Updated this with another 10 hours of play.

Ended up changing my route. Dropped Act 3 altogether and added Weeping Hollow and The Cemetry of the Forsaken - three crypts usually there and have been getting good results there. One crypts will have 3 maps but I have never found anything on the 2 or 3rd ones so if that is the last crypt I generally just port back to town after doing the first level (otherwise you might as well run through the last 2 short levels to get yourself back up to the start of the crypt).
If you're actually "farming" for goblins, those numbers are pretty, ummm, low. I usually run 15-20 goblins / hour on T10 (the diff level doesn't have an affect on spawn rates as far as I can tell).

And yeah, I believe they ninja-nerfed the spawn rates of goblins on Towers of the Cursed & Damned. The first week of 2.4.1, I would get 1 goblin out of each of them around 75% of the time. I've forgotten how many runs it's been since I got one. Same for Core of Arreat.
05/22/2016 05:33 AMPosted by Birhat
If you're actually "farming" for goblins, those numbers are pretty, ummm, low. I usually run 15-20 goblins / hour on T10 (the diff level doesn't have an affect on spawn rates as far as I can tell).

And yeah, I believe they ninja-nerfed the spawn rates of goblins on Towers of the Cursed & Damned. The first week of 2.4.1, I would get 1 goblin out of each of them around 75% of the time. I've forgotten how many runs it's been since I got one. Same for Core of Arreat.

I still think they nerfed the goblins rates overall but of course that is the genius of RNG you can never be sure.

Two weeks ago I started farming and was seeing a lot higher spawns rates then right after they did those hotfixes on the 11th I started keeping track - the results are what you see. I saw more rainbows goblins in the 2-4 days (less than 6 hours) I was farming before the 11th than I have seen in the 19 hours after.

Are you farming in seasons or non seasons ?
I play about 4 hours a day and find 2 Menagarist Gobs in that time. The Rainbow Gob is very rare though. You're not going to find them if you don't look for them.

Not doing Rifts is costing me Forgotten Souls and XP big time though. I should be Paragon 700 By now. The drops and XP outside of Rifts are that bad.
Data for 68 runs (May 11 - 16; post-hotfix):

Treasure Goblins - 89 (29.18%)
Gem Hoarders - 46 (15.08%)
Blood Thieves - 35 (11.48%)
Odious Collectors - 33 (10.82%)
Gilded Barons - 27 (8.85%)
Insufferable Miscreants - 21 (6.89%)
Rainbow Goblins - 15 (4.92%)
Malevolent Tormentors - 14 (4.59%)
Menagerist Goblins - 14 (4.59%)
Gelatinous Sires - 11 (3.61%)
Grand Total - 305

Total Maps Farmed - 908 (33.59% goblin spawn rate)

Bandit Shrines - 6 (0.66%) *
* Could be higher since map is skipped once a goblin has been found; Goblins from Bandit Shrines were not counted towards the Grand Total above.

------------------------------------------------

General data for 100 runs (May 10 - 20):

Total Goblins - 417
Total Maps Farmed - 1290 (32.33% goblin spawn rate)

Rainbow Goblins - 19
Menagerist Goblins - 19

Bandit Shrines - 10

** Does not include goblins (Menagerist or otherwise) that were killed outside of farming route (e.g. quick check for transmog related spawn)
05/22/2016 07:08 PMPosted by Eclipse
Data for 68 runs (May 11 - 16; post-hotfix):

Treasure Goblins - 89 (29.18%)
Gem Hoarders - 46 (15.08%)
Blood Thieves - 35 (11.48%)
Odious Collectors - 33 (10.82%)
Gilded Barons - 27 (8.85%)
Insufferable Miscreants - 21 (6.89%)
Rainbow Goblins - 15 (4.92%)
Malevolent Tormentors - 14 (4.59%)
Menagerist Goblins - 14 (4.59%)
Gelatinous Sires - 11 (3.61%)
Grand Total - 305

Total Maps Farmed - 908 (33.59% goblin spawn rate)

Bandit Shrines - 6 (0.66%) *
* Could be higher since map is skipped once a goblin has been found; Goblins from Bandit Shrines were not counted towards the Grand Total above.

General data for 100 runs (May 10 - 20):

Total Goblins - 417
Total Maps Farmed - 1290 (32.33% goblin spawn rate)

Rainbow Goblins - 19
Menagerist Goblins - 19

Bandit Shrines - 10

** Does not include goblins (Menagerist or otherwise) that were killed outside of farming route (e.g. quick check for transmog related spawn)

Your rates for menagerist goblins is just about the same as mine 4.5 vs 4.3 (although without that one day I got 4 my rate for that would drop to 2%)

My rate for rainbow goblins is really out of line 3/184 1.6 % vs your 4.5% - they owe me on my next 200 goblins.
Been keeping a little list myself of how many goblins I go thru before I get a rainbow one. Seems to be a total of 10 types of goblins we have in game.

so 9 rainbows out of 327 encountered/killed

I think the odds are perfect?