26 hours of play - my goblin results

General Discussion
So in 30 hours of playing you only saw 2 Rainbow Goblins.
It's like they made this patch for botters or no-lifers who can play 18 hours a day.
05/24/2016 02:28 AMPosted by Shark
So in 30 hours of playing you only saw 2 Rainbow Goblins.
It's like they made this patch for botters or no-lifers who can play 18 hours a day.

Me? that's for 19 hours but yes 2 rainbow goblins but that other guy is seeing a slightly better spawn rate 4% of all goblins vs my 2%. I am pretty close to doing another update though and still haven't seen another rainbow goblin so I might end up with only 2 in 30 hours of play.

I originally started out farming these on my monk and I was seeing more at TX which is what that other guy is farming at. I wonder if for those there is a different spawn rate.
a 5% chance for menagerie goblins seems far too high for my experience - or bad luck maybe.
I didn´t count but I certainly killed more than 200 goblins and had 2 menagerie goblins in total.

I then gave up because I decided it´s not worth it with such a small spawn rate.
I was doing bounties on the weekend. There was a guy getting mad at me because I was ignoring goblins... Sorry, but I don't have a build for goblin hunting, and running after the little buggers is too much of a pain in the rump.

I had a good chuckle...
05/24/2016 07:27 AMPosted by IamLoco
a 5% chance for menagerie goblins seems far too high for my experience - or bad luck maybe.
I didn´t count but I certainly killed more than 200 goblins and had 2 menagerie goblins in total.

I then gave up because I decided it´s not worth it with such a small spawn rate.

I had a 2% rate without that one day I got 4 in an hour but between me and that other guy I would say 4 -5 % is accurate considering we saw 500 goblins.
05/19/2016 03:55 AMPosted by shasta
0 Rainbow goblins

I wish I could be this lucky on the RNG....
05/24/2016 02:14 PMPosted by dogma420
05/19/2016 03:55 AMPosted by shasta
0 Rainbow goblins

I wish I could be this lucky on the RNG....

I am not sure you believe someone can be that unlucky or not. I always find it hard to believe people saying they see 2-3 in an hour. I am almost through my third 10 hours and still have yet to see one this time :(.
Out of 100 runs, i got 2 rainbow gobs. Since i only care about the rainbow gobs (Not about pet ones) i found it more efficient simply to do Split bounties. For me this averages more rainbow gobs and at least i get some mats :(
I serious felt there was a nerf with pet goblin spawn rate recently (compare to beginning of the patch).

I was doing ~1 a day not serious farming and then focused on finish up the season after getting a few pets that I like. In the last week or so after I finished season's journey, the spawn rate just somehow felt significantly reduced. Only got 1 in ~ one week.
Okay final update. My route change made a huge difference in total number of goblins. Act 3 was just a waste of time (for me anyway).

Got all the pets now, including Liv Moore which I never saw the mob for but hit a bandit shrine and at the end that pet was in my bag.

I saw 2 rainbow goblins in 26 hours play. I am glad those wings aren't on my must have list.