Rift Orbs get rid of them!!

Aus/NZ General Discussion
Posted by Takralus
Hey all, sorry for the late response. As always we'll pass along your feedback. Appreciate you taking the time to leave it :)

Holy !@#$e the squiddly gets the first blue post in what seems an eternity. Flush them out post more lol

Not sure why you can't type "Holy mackerel ", see nothing offensive in that

Yes, I agree, quick Squiddly put up some more suggestions or complaints.
You have the power.

Squid power to the rescue :)
06/01/2016 09:47 PMPosted by Takralus
Hey all, sorry for the late response. As always we'll pass along your feedback. Appreciate you taking the time to leave it :)

Am I the only one how sees this shorta like with an "evil smile" on his face? and then like "yeaaa, sure! we'll pass this out" then loling in real life and alt f4 ?!
06/04/2016 10:33 PMPosted by KABAL
06/01/2016 09:47 PMPosted by Takralus

Am I the only one how sees this shorta like with an "evil smile" on his face? and then like "yeaaa, sure! we'll pass this out" then loling in real life and alt f4 ?!

Yes, you are.
06/05/2016 02:28 AMPosted by Rags
06/04/2016 10:33 PMPosted by KABAL

Yes, you are.

But nobody wants to know him
They can see that he's just a fool
And he never gives an answer
06/05/2016 02:28 AMPosted by Rags
Yes, you are.
maybe make a pet to collect them? just an opinion.
I'm going to call BS on the earlier remark about how there needs to be some sort of downside. No, there is not need for the orbs to scatter in random directions, quite often in a way that requires the player to waste time running around. The orbs were added in to make up for the lack of loot dropping off of bosses. So functionally, they is zero need for them to require effort to pick up because they weren't put in the GR to be a special bonus.

Honestly, the current implementation is not fun to interact with. I don't like how the globes will often fly in a direction that I want t proceed in, nor do I enjoy that they can force me to have to wait for mob crap to go away, when I want to move on to the next set of creeps.

I'm pretty sure they could have the orbs drop and then get auto collected by the player 3-5s later, without the play doing anything special and still achieve the original goal, without the setup being obnoxious.

Sure that kills the strategy of finding a power pylon and then killing elites to collect the orbs, in order to use the pylon to quickly kill a RG. On the other hand, I don't think this is intended game play, so I see little issue in it being collateral damage.
06/09/2016 02:23 PMPosted by Millin
I'm going to call BS on the earlier remark about how there needs to be some sort of downside. No, there is not need for the orbs to scatter in random directions, quite often in a way that requires the player to waste time running around. The orbs were added in to make up for the lack of loot dropping off of bosses. So functionally, they is zero need for them to require effort to pick up because they weren't put in the GR to be a special bonus.

I get what your'e saying, but it's also kinda incorrect. It's a reward, a bonus. It wasn't designed not to make up for bad loot drops on RG.

See blue post here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/17084479208?page=6#104

I can understand why you might think orbs were a replacement for loot drops from gobs in GR given the history of their development. But they are designed to provide a "visual reward". But, like I said, any bonus in any game has a cost....

Now, the idea of a "cost" is not about a "downside". It's fundamental to all game design - nothing comes for free. You want GG loot? You pay the cost in time farming and gambling. You want faster leg gem upgrades? You pay the cost in GR clears (time) + gold. Gold and time sinks my friend...the logic of this game can be understood entirely using those 2 ideas. Nothing comes for free.

Having said this, I don't particularly care about rift orbs being inconveniently placed around the map. Usually too busy worrying about other stuff and I'm not sure it has EVER cost me enough time that I miss a clear on a push. But following the logic above, you can easily argue that the extra time it takes to kill elites should automatically grant us the extra progression we get from rift orbs. Considering elites only grant the same XP as their equivalent white mobs, the ONLY reason to kill elites is for the extra progression. Asking us to pick up rift orbs after taking extra time to kill elites is like paying the price twice, right? I get it, they are annoying.

But, those rifts orbs = 20 or so white mobs in progression. That's a lot of progression for a one second delay to move 5 yards to pick up a colourful ball of juice...

Get used to rift orbs. I'm pretty sure the only time Blizz will reconsider them is the day you get more progression by skipping elites than you do by staying to kill them and chasing the rift orbs (think how they nerfed XP partly because of no RG runs).
I agree with the people that think the Pets should be allowed to pick them up it would be an awesome addition to the new pets