Flash Fire - there is no comparison

Wizard
I love the ability that Aether Walker provides, and it's VERY difficult to get away from once you started playing with it. However, I feel that cubing the Etched Sigil with the build provides more power. I'll give that above build another try later though. Finally got my Ancient Woh, so it's time to try it out.
06/07/2016 04:11 AMPosted by Grove
Aether Walker - Teleport no longer has a cooldown but costs 25 Arcane Power.
The build is 100% valid for the purposes stated above.
You will need constant AP refill(2s of Electrocute and I`m almost 100% AP), and you won`t need Aquilas, because of the huge CC offered by Teleport-Calamity stun, as well as the defensive passive/s (I only use Galvanizing Ward, and it`s more than enough along with the FB proc).
Anyway, I can write TLDR`s all day so my advice is to give it a try.

Oh, I'm using a Flash Fire build alright.

Still, you do NOT need that Belt providing though you have APOC somewhere. Your Explosive Blasts will be quite adequate to keep your AP Pool to it's maximum or at least very close to it as when I use an Aquilas it rarely falls off.
You should see my family vyrs ignom set up its super one shot able
im having an issue with the skills casting and movin around. I know you arent supposed to really "target anything" and you just run around, but i find if i keep running my stuff stops auto casting, and if i dont have my stuff going off when im near an elite i dont 1 shot them.

fairly new to the build.... HALP
06/07/2016 01:29 PMPosted by Sardaukar
Your Explosive Blasts will be quite adequate to keep your AP Pool to it's maximum or at least very close to it as when I use an Aquilas it rarely falls off.

Obviously, there is room for optimization and build variation(include some RCR, APOC here and there), but I prefer the certainty of being able to freely use Teleport(especially in really bad GRifts with almost no density) thus Generator powah
I have used cubed Aquilas and InGeom/Furnace build, but does not fit "my needs" on all levels.
It is the improved FF EB Wizard imho(with NR clears of ~2min, and GR 70`s of ~5-6 min), but required around 20% more user participation, indeed.
06/07/2016 03:53 PMPosted by Sargaris
im having an issue with the skills casting and movin around. I know you arent supposed to really "target anything" and you just run around, but i find if i keep running my stuff stops auto casting, and if i dont have my stuff going off when im near an elite i dont 1 shot them.fairly new to the build.... HALP

Use the Numlock (and Force Move) trick to make Explosive Blast and Diamond Skin autocast and you can run around no problem.

Numlock trick explained here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaAI8s8rft4
I have all 3 going off on CA with numlock trick yes, but force move still puts them on hold while running... It seems to be no different than left click (other than not clicking units to attack)

Or is that just the nature of the beast? Instead of holding it down to move I need to click around all the time
You must be doing something wrong. As I move around as a constantly ball of exploding fiery death using force move. Click to move indeed will interfer with you exlosions going off.

To what key have you bound Force Move? It should be the scrollwheel on your mouse and you should only use that key to move around (except when teleporting)..
Switched to Flash Fire this morning and was immediately impressed. For speed, there really isn't much comparison. It's a pretty simple playing dynamic, and the biggest issue is just getting your keys/buttons set up right so you can run around while casting the right spells. It gets a little chaotic trying to pick up items at times, as you don't really want to waste the In-Geom proc picking up items behind you, but it's a very minor complaint. Depending on the map you're playing, there generally isn't an issue keeping up the proc MOST of the time.

I'm only running around 44% cooldown reduction, which is ALMOST enough, but I think the build calls for a tad more. Even at 44%, I can pretty much cast explosive blast without a wait. As most of the damage in this build comes from EB, I pumped up the Fire percentage to 58%, and the effects are devastating. If you have the chance to swap an amulet or enchant an item to get Fire %, I suggest you try it. I haven't done the math, but it seems to provide a killer boost. My dps is right at 2.1 million when I'm running around, and at that number, I'm killing everything in one hit. I'm assuming other players are experiencing the same result. You don't need the AP belt if you are keeping up the Diamond Skin with Prism rune. Only times I run out of power is when I forget to hit Diamond Skin.

Really the ONLY problem I have with this build is the fact it doesn't seem like it would do that well in GR's. Does anybody have experience with this? The main reason is the survivability comes mostly from the Goldwrap belt, and obviously gold doesn't drop in GR's. What's the highest GR you guys have completed with the Flash Fire build? Perhaps it's just meant as a way to clear TX and gather mats quickly. I get one shot too easily in GR's to begin with, I can't imagine what would happen using a build where I'm getting up close and personal with enemies.
I will say I have encountered two faster builds than flash fire.

Super Charged Archon - You take Archon setup, wear nem bracers, wreath of lightning, boon, avarice band and you use the movement speed teleport passive and then you get in archon form killing elites and just teleport through the whole rift. You barely move and you pickup globes.

God monk - Quins dashing strike build. Its stupid. But its gear dependent.

FlashFire is awesome though for deaths breaths as well as being super fast. I love wearing sages with it. And you don't even need ancients which is awesome.
@Sardaukar
I have it bound to a key that rests nice to my thumb.
I have a razor Naga (back when I played wow it was amazing, works wonders in D3 as well)

I also have it bound to wheel click as well, that hurts my hand.

Am I not binding it right? Never bound something to mouse scroll before
06/09/2016 06:36 AMPosted by !@#$ins7919
Really the ONLY problem I have with this build is the fact it doesn't seem like it would do that well in GR's. Does anybody have experience with this?

It's not really a high GR build, but around 60 solo you should be able to do just fine. As you said, there is no gold in Grifts you need to swap some stuff. Generally I use the Aquila Quras, but for that you need APOC somewhere in your gear but it offers massive protection. If you're still squishy you can put the Esoteric Gem in (you don't need Boon of the Hoarder anyway) and can swap the passive elemental damage for Galvanising Ward. Think I pushed this somewhere between 65-70 (with zero augments).

06/11/2016 09:55 AMPosted by Sargaris
Am I not binding it right? Never bound something to mouse scroll before

It needs to be mouse scroll otherwise it won't work. For some reason mouse scroll won't interfere with casting, but mouse clicks most defenitely will. It will probably take some getting used to, but it really works.
In PTR we can use the same Flash Fire but now add to the 3000% from TR an extra 1000% to EB from the new 4pc FB. Tals fire meteor is also causing another FB stack, so one more 1000% buff. Edit: NOPE, scratch this.
05/25/2016 08:02 AMPosted by Vash
The donwtime on In-geon in bad rifts annoys the $%¨& out of me in Flash Fire. Also, all this spamming broke my "2" key :P
I like the Wave of Force build with Aether Walker and cubed Cosmic Strand.

Archon would be my second pick but there are too much archon builds already in this patch.

This. Is why I never use in geom.
06/14/2016 03:11 PMPosted by Vash
In PTR we can use the same Flash Fire but now add to the 3000% from TR an extra 1000% to EB from the new 4pc FB. Tals fire meteor is also causing another FB stack, so one more 1000% buff.

There is no 'extra' , they're additive dott stack damage not multiplicative so it's less. It went from guaranteed 3k dott no matter what to 1k, 2k if you happen to have a Fire meteor go off in that time. It's less damage, probably not even worth it now just use CoE with the setup now instead.
06/15/2016 12:27 PMPosted by MasterJay
There is no 'extra' , they're additive dott stack damage not multiplicative so it's less. It went from guaranteed 3k dott no matter what to 1k, 2k if you happen to have a Fire meteor go off in that time. It's less damage, probably not even worth it now just use CoE with the setup now instead.
that sucks.