What if there is Dragon in Diablo?

Lore and Story
Edited:
05/25/2016 08:02 PMPosted by Ryutei
There already is a dragon in Diablo.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Tathamet

Let us fight Tathamet in the expansion.

Original message:
I love game of throne and especially with the the last 2 episodes. It is so good.

We have demon and angel in the game right now, so why not dragons.

I know warcraft suppose to be a world filled with elf,orc and dragons. They would like to seperate them.

But what if we can have a world fill with elements from both worlds. The lore can said that since the worldstone is shattered now we can not only go to heaven or hell but also travel to the world of warcraft (or just call it unknow dimension).

The dragon queen is leading her 3 dragons to conquer the world. (love game of throne =)) The hero is once again being call appoint to save the world.

What if we have diablo 4 and it is a mix from both diablo and warcraft universe. Or can we can a warcraft ARPG (or ARPG+MMO)?
Dragons in Diablo? Please no... We already did tremendous damage by implementing butterflies that killed THE character in the Diablo-verse. Then we also had colorful ponies and teddybears? I mean, please no. NOT AGAIN.

I hope Diablo 4 will not have ANY angels at all, and it will be all evil-only and dark. And we must fight Evil once more in dark dungeons and hell-turning landscapes, and then hell at last.

I hope D4 is set either before D1 and D2, or in-between D2 and D3 (Time-wise). Setting D4 before D1 and D2 would be awesome to be honest, but I could live with a setting between D2 and D3, but before "wizards", "WitchDoctors", "DemonHunters" etc. became a thing. I hope we will be able to choose among Sorceress, Paladin, Barbarian, Necromancer, Druid, Assassine, Amazon AND MORE original classes, but no more cross-breed accidents hopefully.
Peeps keep asking for WoWblo. Go play your WoW for dragon urges.
not supporting op's idea, but tathamet was a dragon, right? so if the story goes on to see tathamet resurrected, we could see a dragon..

THx for sharing. Please let us fight him in expansion.
For those of you complaining about Angels in Diablo, need I remind you of the Angel in your precious Diablo 2?

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Tyrael

And the High Heavens were mentioned even as far back as the first game, in all the lore tomes you found spread throughout the dungeons. It was only inevitable they'd be introduced.

I enjoy a good dark fantasy game, but you also have to keep in mind this is Blizzard, the king of making fun of themselves.
05/25/2016 07:49 PMPosted by TOPCommander
Dragons in Diablo? Please no...

Tathamet is a dragon. Probably not your standard one, but a dragon, nonetheless.Personally, I'd see him more as a hydra-like creature like Homer's Scylla than a stereotypical dragon. It would be interesting to see something like this, more savage and more alien to human knowledge and less human-like. If there's something I hate about D3's writing is how laughably human and predictable these demons and angels are. This could indeed be quite an opportunity to change that.
Agnidox. Close enough.
Aliens. We should fight aliens and maybe cowboys, but only the blackhat ones. And we need some dinos, but like bigger.

Actually, I'd like to have a battle with one of those massive guys in the area that takes you to Cydaea. I imagine it would be a fight similar to Belial, only you'd have multiple levels to move around on. Might even be a fight that requires a party to attack the creature at different points.
i don't know who tatamet is, but i do know that the so called creator or god of the diablo universe split into two seperate beings: one of pure light, other pure darkness. that darkness is a big ol' dragon.

EDIT: was a big ol' dragon rofl
05/25/2016 09:30 PMPosted by XelNagaIvan

THx for sharing. Please let us fight him in expansion.

If you've played diablo since diablo 2, you've fought every aspect of him twice. You've fought what was effectively him in Diablo 3's main campaign. Tathamet is the embodiment of all evil as it was originally, but fighting him in dragon form? I don't see that happening. Unless, going by his legend, you threw all of the Burning Hells literally into one body along with every other evil that existed, then for whatever reason made it look like a dragon. I don't see blizzard, or anyone really, carrying that out in a way that makes sense.

He can't be resurrected because he's literally in millions of pieces or however many manifestations of evil there are in the diablo universe.

There is another form of dragon, Trag'Oul or something like that, but why we would end up fighting the patrons of balance and necromancers (that universe wise doesn't fit very well to me regardless) is a bit beyond me. And that certainly isn't the kind of dragon you'd see strutting around on the lands of Diablo.

Warcraft and Diablo have fundamentally different themes. Using the worldstone to link the two universes together sounds *cough*like the cheesy kind of thing blizzard would do*cough* like a very weak strawman to pull universes together for lack of original content, and is something best relegated to the thoughts of fanon.

The kinds of dragons that are present in diablo don't really leave room for combat beyond !@#$s and giggles or really terrible ways to "freshen" the story.

05/26/2016 12:11 PMPosted by Ayreon
i don't know who tatamet is, but i do know that the so called creator or god of the diablo universe split into two seperate beings: one of pure light, other pure darkness. that darkness is a big ol' dragon.

EDIT: was a big ol' dragon rofl

You just described Tathamet :P
05/25/2016 07:49 PMPosted by TOPCommander
Then we also had colorful ponies and teddybears?

You do realize that was meant to be a stab at the people who complained about D3's colour scheme during the beta?
The only thing for your character(s) to fight that makes sense is angry or evil Nephalem.

Your character(s) would walk through Anu, Tathamet, Trag'oul and any other being not a Neph at this point.
Dragons would serve absolutely no purpose in Diablo. The difference between GoT and Diablo is that everything in the Diablo universe would eat everything in the GoT universe (and the Warcraft Universe for that matter). They are interesting in GoT because a) they're rare and b) they're OP.

And they're OP because they fight people. Pit them against other universes and the dragons in GoT are very, very weak (LotR for example), especially compared to Diablo demons, let alone the Nephalem and honestly, if the D3 chars can kill the Prime Evils they can kill dragons from any universe.

Dragons are overrated IMO, unless they're enormous and even then, do they have Holy/Arcane/Poison/Cold DPS resistances? Probably not.
06/29/2016 11:38 AMPosted by Halldor
Dragons would serve absolutely no purpose in Diablo. The difference between GoT and Diablo is that everything in the Diablo universe would eat everything in the GoT universe (and the Warcraft Universe for that matter). They are interesting in GoT because a) they're rare and b) they're OP.

And they're OP because they fight people. Pit them against other universes and the dragons in GoT are very, very weak (LotR for example), especially compared to Diablo demons, let alone the Nephalem and honestly, if the D3 chars can kill the Prime Evils they can kill dragons from any universe.

Dragons are overrated IMO, unless they're enormous and even then, do they have Holy/Arcane/Poison/Cold DPS resistances? Probably not.

I personally dislike making Dragons sentient and intellegent creatures.

I like my Dragons as wild animals.