Best Seismic Slam build out there?

Barbarian
I'm starting to not care about the meta builds anymore. I'm a casual and won't reach GR 90 anyways :p. SS has always been my favorite barb skill. I might go back to playing d3, take SS, and make it my goal to see how much I can push in grifts, and try to make it at least somewhat viable. What's the best setup to do that? MoTE6? MoTE6/IK2? I wouldnt say MoTE6/IK4 cause that means FotVP needs to be cubed, and that means you lose over 100% SS dmg.

Would just IK6 work? Having ancients and weapon throw as generators, you could play totally ranged, meaning you can focus on pure damage rather than toughness? Idk, just a thought I had.
Mote does more damage, but slam doesn't synerize well with leap. IK is weaker, but it has the best gameplay for SS combined with Furious charge as a gap-closer.
The best Ive found is here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tao-1163/hero/54798063

BotT
Zei's
PE

Not easy to gear. You need lots of attack speed. But it's pretty fun to play it dirty.
Definitely Mote/Slam. Frozen Fury always been my favorite.
05/30/2016 03:43 PMPosted by Siladil
Definitely Mote/Slam. Frozen Fury always been my favorite.

Can't go wrong with Frozen Fury.

If you try my Savage Slam version - Dirty, there are a few synergies. I discovered this build after playing H.A.M. two era's ago.

Remember that most of the dps comes from SS. You'll have nearly perma leap - due to the massive Zodiac procs, but you don't need to lay down tons of EQs to make it work.

Tectonic Rift allows you to just stand in place. Endless Fury, as much as you want to slam.

This is the sustain. You want a double LpFS FotVP. Mine is over 5K. So I drop all Vit everywhere I can. Only have 450Kish Hps, but rarely ever have any health issues.

Other gem options are Zei, PE and BotP. BotT is still fun because you don't have to worry about any positioning.

I could write a whole guide on how to play it, but I've got my hands full just trying to keep the EQ thread up to date.

Let me know if you give it a shot.

Have fun.
Seismic Slam is my Thursday build.

Raekor Seismic Slam build is actually very strong - it's arguably the strongest Raekor build I have played. The main issue to this is toughness as it uses all DPS gems with Zei's replacing Eso.

Notable Gear
6 Piece Raekor
FnR
COE (in cube)

Notes
Cold Seismic Slam to proc BOTT
Build stacks during non cold phase on COE
Activate WOTB on cold COE and go to town. With my gear and para, I can hit for 0.8-1.5 trillion vs Elite packs.

Build is very fun but it lacks the toughness for high clears. During the DPS phase, you want to be 30-50 yards away (For Zei's + No Escape) from the main pack which means no APD mitigation. Coupled that with the lack of Eso makes pushing very difficult.
@Tao

Just the fact that you rely less on EQ sounds more interesting to me. The thing I dont like about frozen fury is that it requires you to build around EQ, even though SS is whats important. I never understood why MoTE has a SS bonus. It should go to IK6 (along with HoTA if need be). Ill look into your profile some more and compare with frozen fury.

@DAKKON

I always wanted to try R6 SS, but was skeptical about it. One, having to charge into mobs and have to survive, yet run and attack ranged, seems like an odd playstyle. And two, wouldnt you need to do A LOT of charges before spamming SS, since every SS attack takes 5 charges? You would waste so much time charging over and over.
05/30/2016 07:35 PMPosted by jonathan4210
The thing I dont like about frozen fury is that it requires you to build around EQ, even though SS is whats important.

No, it's the other way around. It's built around SS (Zei's, No Escape).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Siladil-1652/hero/56184649
@DAKKON

I always wanted to try R6 SS, but was skeptical about it. One, having to charge into mobs and have to survive, yet run and attack ranged, seems like an odd playstyle. And two, wouldnt you need to do A LOT of charges before spamming SS, since every SS attack takes 5 charges? You would waste so much time charging over and over.

Yes - you spend 75% of your time charging and 25% of the time DPS'ing. It's not consistent damage but more a nuke. For progression your DPS comes mainly from the 4 sec selected COE phase where you save all your DPS cooldowns and release the 20 or so stacks gained during the non-cold phases.

It's odd playstyle - but it's very powerful. It takes a considerable amount of skill to play this right given the total lack of defense.
05/30/2016 07:53 PMPosted by Siladil
The thing I dont like about frozen fury is that it requires you to build around EQ, even though SS is whats important.

No, it's the other way around. It's built around SS (Zei's, No Escape).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Siladil-1652/hero/56184649

What I meant was that you still need EQ in your skill bar to match your element, and need to cube lut socks. Instead with IK6, you could use your ancients and weapon throw to gain fury, then use SS, making you 100% ranged. MoTE gives 1200% dmg and IK gives 400%, but you can get perma insanity, a free choice to cube armor, and a free skill slot.
Mote bonus to SS is too much to pass

Mote mitigation is too much to pass

Mote mobility is too much to pass

Raekors mobility and damage is too much to pass

IK bonuses are too little to care. Combine them with Mote (aka 6 Mote/4IK) and you will get solid build though. Henry's guide.
Judge nailed it.

The only way to really know jonathan, is to try for yourself.

We can point the way, but you must walk the path.
05/31/2016 07:30 AMPosted by Tao
Judge nailed it.

The only way to really know jonathan, is to try for yourself.

We can point the way, but you must walk the path.

I understand. But about your savage slam build, it looks interesting since it deals with zodiac(frozen fury doesnt really have perma leap, unless i did something wrong). I know you're busy to write a guide, but could you explain briefly how it plays? I could check your profile to know what gear and skills to have, but a short explanation on how to play and what is your skill rotation would be very helpful :)
Nearly perma leap. :)

It's about attack speed and burning fury.

The basic is the same as Frozen Fury. Leap in twice, leap far, turn and slam.

Save TS Terify for anything that gets close or to break affixes.

PE attack speed is a big part of getting zodiac procs so you want to try and hit everything. You can slam all aound you. I dont really run at all, I just slam till Leap resets.

Yestetday I was in a pandemonium map and took one of the little portals. I was instantly killed coming out the other side. You may need to go a little less glass than my set up until you get it down.

No paragon in RCR since you want to burn fury.

If your position is good and you run out of Fury, you can use Ava x3 for another full bubble. Good for pulling mire too.

Hope that helps some. Enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yih-yioiew

Check this out. Tao's version plays pretty much the same.
05/31/2016 12:34 PMPosted by Tao
Nearly perma leap. :)

It's about attack speed and burning fury.

The basic is the same as Frozen Fury. Leap in twice, leap far, turn and slam.

Save TS Terify for anything that gets close or to break affixes.

PE attack speed is a big part of getting zodiac procs so you want to try and hit everything. You can slam all aound you. I dont really run at all, I just slam till Leap resets.

Yestetday I was in a pandemonium map and took one of the little portals. I was instantly killed coming out the other side. You may need to go a little less glass than my set up until you get it down.

No paragon in RCR since you want to burn fury.

If your position is good and you run out of Fury, you can use Ava x3 for another full bubble. Good for pulling mire too.

Hope that helps some. Enjoy.

Seems clear. I just dont get why use PE. I know its for the attack speed, but you need enemies around you, and you leap away before SSing (hence the use of zei).
05/31/2016 01:10 PMPosted by jonathan4210
Seems clear. I just dont get why use PE. I know its for the attack speed, but you need enemies around you, and you leap away before SSing (hence the use of zei).

Everything just melts. I don't really care where things are. Close. Far. They all die.

That's why I was using BotT and Zei.

PE is also a huge damage gem for Physical builds.
i did 77 with my slam build and that was about 100 paragon levels ago. I wish FOTVP was a part of the MOTE set so we could use immortal king and have perma WOTB.
Iv tried Istvan's Paired Blades
Little Rogue
The Slanderer
(2) Set:
Every time you spend primary resource, gain 6% increased Attack Speed, Damage, and Armor for 5 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times.

Doesnt seem like its viable at all anyone have a slam mote build with them?

I think the bracers need to also give % slam attacks faster maybe 50-100% faster attack speed gimps build hard.

Feel like GOGOK is better for slam then BoT because of attack speed bonus and CDR i have around 45-50% CDR with my build. You don't have to be attacking to keep GOGOK up EQ procs it.
profile hasnt updated im not using BOP im using BOS dps is way off too i have 2.7mil sheet dps.
I tried Istvan's set with Frozen Fury. The attack speed is nice, but the damage from slams and quakes is too low. Losing furnace in cube also hurts a lot.