So I just switched from Zunimassa

Witch Doctor
To Helltooth, and jesus christ, there's a night and day difference in damage.

I liked having my little army of fetishes to do my bidding, why does Blizzard have such difficulty balancing the sets in terms of damage?

It seems like some of them are just outright useless for solo play (Looking at you, Jade Harvester, granted this may just be MY experience with the set)
Jade Harvester is far from useless in solo play, its just more difficult to master then easymode helltooth :)
05/26/2016 02:26 AMPosted by Snusdosan89
Jade Harvester is far from useless in solo play, its just more difficult to master then easymode helltooth :)

I admitted in my OP that it was most likely my own experience with the set holding me back.

But it still doesn't explain what seems like a leagues worth of difference switching from Zuni to Helltooth, even without using the Short Man ring and Mask of Jeram
zuni is the most pet heavy build due to fetishes and will remain total garbage as long as pets have collision detection and cannot stack up

and who could forget that all the damage of zuni set is based on wasting massive amounts of mana on spenders that don't actually do any damage even in T10 farming

helltooth isn't that much better design-wise I suppose, wall of death still does pretty much no damage, it's just there for various bonuses
Jade needs buffed.
05/27/2016 11:24 AMPosted by Jalantha
zuni is the most pet heavy build due to fetishes and will remain total garbage as long as pets have collision detection and cannot stack up

and who could forget that all the damage of zuni set is based on wasting massive amounts of mana on spenders that don't actually do any damage even in T10 farming

helltooth isn't that much better design-wise I suppose, wall of death still does pretty much no damage, it's just there for various bonuses

To say nothing of having no way to target said pets either. "Yeah, that's great. Go fight that little imp running away instead of the champion right in front of you...ya jerk."
I did not spend to much time with jade last season, however the 3 weeks I played around with it to figure out how to use it was amazing in terms of damage output with the right pieces of gear of course.

Helltooth was and still is my fav to play for WD, but with everyone else the need to do something badly with the retard they call the "A.I" on those pets.