The Future of Firebird's Finery

Wizard
Prev 1 9 10 11 19 Next
i'm done with season 6. this just feels like a horrible joke. i'm outskies. i'm hoping for next season, firebirds can get the fix it deserved since... january or so

or better yet, a complete overhaul without any weird gimmicks.
05/31/2016 04:00 PMPosted by Vexille
i'm hoping for next season, firebirds can get the fix it deserved

Note that when Blizzard says fix, they actually mean nerf to oblivion.
06/01/2016 12:06 AMPosted by Motions
Note that when Blizzard says fix, they actually mean nerf to oblivion.

yeah, you could say it was foolish of me to be so optimistic about the future of firebirds like that, only to see my hopes crushed and my dreams shattered. at this point i'd rather they just get rid of the silly "burn stuff till they ignite to increase your damage" mechanic because they clearly have a hard time making it work proper, and just go with something a lot simpler.
Yeah when they say fix. I don't think they just mean a nerf I think they will change the way the set works. Too much room for bugs and manipulation. And for those saying this isn't an exploit, The fact that you have to keep your sheet damage low for the "double dipping" to work screams bug. The 103 clear has no ancient weapons, off hands or int aug and actually augs vit and str to keep in the "cheating zone"
06/01/2016 09:38 AMPosted by Number1Zero
Yeah when they say fix. I don't think they just mean a nerf I think they will change the way the set works. Too much room for bugs and manipulation. And for those saying this isn't an exploit, The fact that you have to keep your sheet damage low for the "double dipping" to work screams bug. The 103 clear has no ancient weapons, off hands or int aug and actually augs vit and str to keep in the "cheating zone"

oh ofc it's a bug/exploit the people who claim otherwise are idiots

and if history repeats itself to blizzard "fix" = "nerf to ground"

I would put money on it that next season firebirds won't even be in the conversation of top builds.. my guess is vyrs will get reworked and be the top set with tals in second and FB/dmo behind
So just gonna ask here. I think I get the bug...doubt you may mention it on this forum any way,.

Is firebird archon the best overall now for both speed at greater rift push?
Come on, Blizz, this is obviously a bug and there's a very easy fix. Just fix the perma 50 stacks from bugging the blue elites!

Allowing this to persist is going to encourage people to not report bug/exploit in PTR stage because they know once it goes into live, you're not going to fix it.
I have played Diablo 3 since release and Wizard was the first character I ever made. That said, I switched to mainly Monk and Demon Hunter when Seasons started up and this is the first season that I actually decided to try out Wizard again.

And while I definitely have found the Firebird + Archon build quite fun to play, this bug and subsequent abuses on the ladder make me somewhat regret this decision. I don't tend to be super competitive and I've never placed on ladder at the end of a season anyway, but it still leaves a bit of a sour feeling to know that this kind of thing is going on and that nothing at all is going to be done about it. I feel like this happens in some capacity almost every season and unfortunately the Blizzard team is not very responsive to these issues. From what I understand, the Firebird double-dip bug has been known about for a long time and never resolved satisfactorily.
I pour a lot of time into Diablo and at times like this, it feels to some extent like my time is being wasted. Not a good feeling at all. :(
Maybe this is a Wizard thing but how come everything feels better when they are broken?
I gave it a try and sadly this broken bs build brought some memories of the old firebird.

Blizzard's damage didn't stack so you had to use it and run around til you cast it again while your hydra did most of the damage. With this you have to wait for the DoT to expire, so you hit once and run for the next group while the first is dying.

You had to be mobile and not just let yourself be surrounded by dozens of mobs. Right now everything is melee. You just soak damage with your Halo+APD while you stand sill. I'm not calling this firebug a ranged build by any means but you kinda have to put some distance and move alot.

If the DoT damage wasn't so ridiculously absurd and gear stats weren't rubbish I wouldn't mind having this as a legit gameplay strategy. Meanwhile, if Blizzard doesn't care neither will I.
i see a space for t X1(11) suggestion have one special monster to battle ( monsters from hell creation) this would change every week once you have killed it u must wait till next week for a new one. Have a special armour piece from a set or new special set or xp bounces (100milion xp for killing it) u could upgrade the xp each week, this would last the duration of the season, utilizing the current various locations randomly selected for battles a twist to the game. This is a suggestion to enhance the game.
Firebird and Invoker.

Caring enough to fix (nerf) one top performer into the ground and not caring to fix the bugs that make the other so strong.

Thank you, message received loud and clear. Play the class Blizzard is lazy, afraid, incompetent or indifferent to fix, to hell with the rest.
Probably next patch the Firebird will become useless, then, give us back the critical mass
05/25/2016 03:06 PMPosted by Nevalistis
05/25/2016 03:00 PMPosted by Skerzy
Is this to say there won't be punishment for people intentionally abusing these bugs?

Nope. We will not be taking action on accounts for this.

true .... i didnt take action at all .....
and i can watch how pathetic and boring this sad diablo3, and ill say more, u make this 1 of the worst games ever. i played diablo2 over 13 years and i still play it, why u keep taking same way in this and u just made ppl get bored and frustrated with this?
i quit diablo3 i deleted all char after playing 7000 hours.
we should be able to down vote blue posts...
06/05/2016 08:30 PMPosted by JokerCorpse
we should be able to down vote blue posts...

While I agree to some extent, in this case it would be just shooting the messenger. This situation is what you get when you have a complex game and a skeleton crew maintaining it coupled with the policy 'we do not fix even glaring defects in the course of a season'.

I fear the repurcussion of the Wizard class leading the pack, twice in a row no less, with broken mechanics (and let's be real here, being able to glue twisters to a specific spot IS a broken mechanic) will see this class, or at the very least the set, getting nerfed not with a bat but a hammer. This class will go back to the post CM-wizard days I'm afraid.
06/06/2016 01:48 AMPosted by Sardaukar
While I agree to some extent, in this case it would be just shooting the messenger. This situation is what you get when you have a complex game and a skeleton crew maintaining it coupled with the policy 'we do not fix even glaring defects in the course of a season'.
Two main issues with that:
1. It was reported on PTR prior to the season start.
2. They fixed other things mid-season previously.

You are spot-on about the messenger part. And spot-on about the skeleton crew and lack of resources.
06/06/2016 12:04 PMPosted by Shivera
Two main issues with that:1. It was reported on PTR prior to the season start.2. They fixed other things mid-season previously.

1. Granted.

2. While technically true, those fixes where minor bug fixes which didn't affect the performance of items/sets as those never get touched in during seasons. At least I can't remember an instance of this occuring?
Wizards will always have problems. They don't get survivability because they are Wizards, they cannot have strong offense like they should because it is OP to kill things before they can lay a hand on you.

So they reduce the Wizard damage so that things can lay hands on them and then the lack of defense gimps the Wizard. They have been going back and forth with this since the game launched while other classes like the Demon Hunter somehow get to have both massive damage and great defense.

All we really want is to be able to teleport around flinging frozen orbs and watching stuff die. We almost had that a few seasons back but we were killing stuff too well, which is what a Wizard is supposed to do and so they gutted it.

How can this class still be broken, its been broken the entire time.
06/06/2016 01:48 AMPosted by Sardaukar
getting nerfed not with a bat but a hammer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_the_instrument

"when all you have is a hammer, you tend to treat every problem as if it were a nail" :)
A bit of a bump, but an update I felt you all would want to see!

We've been preparing the changes for Firebird's Finery, and ultimately, we've settled on slightly redesigning the 4-piece and 6-piece bonuses. Here's how they currently read internally (though, as always, these details are subject to change):

• (4) Set Bonus
    • Dealing Fire damage with one of your skills causes the enemy to take 1000% weapon damage as Fire for 3 seconds. This effect can be repeated a second and third time by different skills. If an enemy is burning due to three different skills simultaneously the enemy will Ignite, dealing 3000% weapon damage per second until they die
  • (6) Set Bonus
    • Your damage is increased by 100% for each nearby enemy that is Ignited up to a maximum bonus of 2000%. You always receive the maximum bonus whenever a nearby Elite monster is Ignited

As you can see, we've definitely gone the way of trying to preserve its play style while approaching it from a slightly different angle. You are still encouraged to light multiple targets on fire, and the more you light up, the more powerful you grow.

It should be noted this will impact some existing builds, like the Firebird's/Chantodo's interaction. We are definitely going to want plenty of player testing and experimentation with the revised set, so expect to see a dedicated Focused Feedback thread when we head to PTR.

We're really looking forward to see your thoughts and testing!