Death's Breath/Kanai's Cube

General Discussion
Relatively new to this game guys. Levelled my first 70 a couple weeks ago and just about at p100 now. Been trying to get a wand of woh, so I've been saving any wand drops I get as well as all the death's breath that drop so that I can play the upgrade gamble (if I get another Blackhand's Key I don't know what I'll do). running 2-piece sage for the extra drop. That being said, 50 death's breath per cube seems awfully expensive and takes me (what seems) forever to save up enough just for one roll at the end of my play time. Is there something I'm missing here? I've been watching videos of players that have hundreds, and sometimes THOUSANDS of these mats.

Thanks for any help/info/tips you can throw my way!
Hello CryHavok, welcome to D3! I understand how you feel about the time it takes to get the mats and subsequently have less than desirable results from the cube.

First off, a couple of things.

1) Try to complete your wizard sets, ie 6 pieces of either Tal Rasha\Firebird (etc). Mixing and matching even at higher levels has less than favorable results unless you specifically optimize to each piece to the max. Running Sages is fine for later on when farming for Death Breath, now you should focus on better gear

2) Once your gear is better, try running higher torment level rifts and bounties, these will provide higher material drops for reforging (etc) at the cube as well gear will start to rain from the sky eventually.

3) Once gear is found, try to have all gear complement each other, ie Fire elemental\Arcane elemental, elite damage, skill damage increases

4) Wand of Woh is a rare item compared to other wands, ie Blackhands Key. Woh should be the last item on your menu to go for. With low level gear, you will not see an increase even if you do find it. Upgrade your gear, you will see results over time.

5) Run at the level you are most optimized for, ie it takes 30 mins to complete a rift, whereas 1 level lower takes 10 mins. it's all a numbers game, maximize the drops in minimal time.

6) Don't get discouraged. The game is a grind-fest so keep at it!
Hello Cryhavok, you got some solid advise from Cyberdoc

I would only add, you should take advantage of the "free" 6 piece set from seasons, you would find that upon reaching 70 you should have received an ingame mail wich contains a bag, when you collect and open the bag you will get your 2 first pieces of a set gear, not sure wich one is for wizards this seasons but here is a guide on how you can get the whole 6 set piece:

http://diablo.blizzpro.com/2016/03/28/season-6-haedrigs-gift-sets-guide/

Having a 6 piece bonus will dramatically speed things up, since you will be killing stuff more quickly and you will be able to handle higher torment difficulties.

Also the wand you wants is very very rare, I would not advise you to aim for it right now, your efforts and death breaths are better spent somewhere else.
It's always fun to help a newer player. If you want some help, I can run you through some higher rifts & maybe work on you Season journey. Its fun to watch the comments from new players when they get something good. Ping me in game if you like
Hi! You need to extract some powers on your cube, as your character gains the powers you have currently equipped on it.

You also need some legendary gems. You'll find them in Greater Rifts.
06/01/2016 06:04 AMPosted by CyberDoc
ie Blackhands Key.

The troll wands of all troll wands.

Those and Tormentors.....
They laugh at you even if you haven't died -- they just know you're dying inside after 4 in a row rolled at the cube. -_-.

Solid advice already given. Just chiming in to share my experience.. It's rough. Some get lucky and roll one after 2-3 cube runs... I myself burnt through over 5k DB's trying to roll one. Then one dropped in a GR shortly after :)... I laughed... Maniacally. I still laugh.. And still have both...

Best of luck, OP!
06/01/2016 06:04 AMPosted by CyberDoc
6) Don't get discouraged. The game is a grind-fest so keep at it!

This bugged me when I first started playing D3. I hated grinds. But over time I learned to enjoy the game for what it is and just focus on pushing G-Rifts and not worrying about mats/gold spent to get there. You'll make it back without realizing. Once I did that it became fun. Don't get discouraged, PL 100 is still early and you have plenty of time to push to higher Torment levels.

Needless to say, the posters above left you some really good advice. Good luck.
You're probably sitting on thousands of other mats. Use the cube to convert some of them to DB's
Thanks guys for the helpful and surprisingly friendly advice. I appreciate the time and I will definitely put these tips into practice starting tonight. I thought my gear was pretty decent haha, guess I've got a long way to go. And about the 6 piece set bonus, I've learned something here because every video I've watched on wizard farming, none of these players seem to run with a full set. I guess that level of skill is far away from me yet.
One thing I could add as well. Try not to put too much thought into the gear you see on other profiles in these forums, use your own experience as a stat stick. Most of us in the General Discussion forum have been playing the game for 4+ years, hence what appears to be crazy good equipment with enormous stats, especially the other gracious commentators in this thread! :P We've been grinding for 100's or 1000's of hours so of course over the course of time excellent gear will inevitably drop for us as it will for you eventually.

Another forum that's really great for assistance is the 'New Players Help' forum. Posters like 'Timberwolf' over there frequently offer excellent (and accurate) advice & assistance and seem to really take newer players under their wing and may even offer up a group run with them.

The main thing is continue to play the game, after a few hours you will see incremental gear improvements and the clears will seem to go faster and faster and eventually you can bump up the difficulty setting and eventually roll that elusive Wand of Woh and trash all those Blackhand keys and Tormentors with a mighty swing of the gavel from the Blacksmith.

Best of luck!
06/01/2016 08:17 AMPosted by ImmortalKing
You're probably sitting on thousands of other mats. Use the cube to convert some of them to DB's

One simply cannot convert any other material to Deaths Breath.
06/01/2016 08:17 AMPosted by ImmortalKing

As far as I know, the progress is:

Parts->Dust->Crystals. Is there a way to get DB's now?

Edit:
Looks like was answered above.
06/01/2016 05:31 AMPosted by CryHavok
Relatively new to this game guys. Levelled my first 70 a couple weeks ago and just about at p100 now. Been trying to get a wand of woh, so I've been saving any wand drops I get as well as all the death's breath that drop so that I can play the upgrade gamble (if I get another Blackhand's Key I don't know what I'll do). running 2-piece sage for the extra drop. That being said, 50 death's breath per cube seems awfully expensive and takes me (what seems) forever to save up enough just for one roll at the end of my play time. Is there something I'm missing here? I've been watching videos of players that have hundreds, and sometimes THOUSANDS of these mats.

Thanks for any help/info/tips you can throw my way!

There are three major methods to get your Wand of Woh. First of all gamble shards for one handed weapons. Secondly DB + Rare items and of course simply questing for item drops. Yes it can be very time consuming but this is also the heart of Diablo series. It's the grind and when you find the item you will feel great.

I ran a wizard in Season 6 this time around and I got exactly 2 Wands of Woh in 65 hours of gameplay.

I would work on increasing your power and moving towards Torment 10 and your drops both in Death Breath and legendary items will increase. You can add me to your friends list and when I am speed running T10 you can come along for fast drops of DB and legendary items.

Add visionhero#1338
My bad. I must have been thinking of the veiled crystals.
You need to get your character to Torment 8. You get guaranteed DB at Torment 7 for killing elite. The exception is Unique Yellows. Those idiots don't drop them. But skipping Torment 7 and go to Torment 8 is worth the extra time to kill an elite because of the chance for a second DB.
06/01/2016 12:27 PMPosted by CrayZ
You need to get your character to Torment 8. You get guaranteed DB at Torment 7 for killing elite. The exception is Unique Yellows. Those idiots don't drop them. But skipping Torment 7 and go to Torment 8 is worth the extra time to kill an elite because of the chance for a second DB.

as far as I know, it is something like
T7 - 90% or 95%
T8 - 110% or 105%

So, there is a really rare chance to not get a DB on T7 :)
you don't need to save any rare drops to use on the cube later...

just go to the blacksmith and craft level 70 items to use on kanai's cube.