Hardest of the core: Why is this still a thing?

General Discussion
I have seen nothing but hatred for this "achievement". Why, after three seasons, is this still part of the season journey?

All I ever do is sit on the loading screen for an hour or two, spamming every powerlevelling community I can find, begging for some kind soul to let me sit in their game while they do some easy rifts for 10 minutes despite the fact they know full well I have zero interest in playing the character after that.

Blizz, for the love of Anu, don't bring this back in season 7.
I agree, it's fairly pointless since it doesn't actually require any active play to get to 70, it's just a hassle.
1. The game is smart enough to track if you have ever leveled a Hardcore character to 70.
2. If you have, that requirement should simply be removed from the Season Journey, or replaced with an alternate requirement.

It is obvious that the purpose of these Season Journey requirements is to initiate the new player to the different areas and activities in the game. Fine, unless you are already a "seasoned player," pun intended.

The game is smart enough to go so far as to track if you have completed a Season or not, and if you have, it should give you a completely different set of Season Journey requirements than the new player who has never completely one yet.

In short, Season Journeys for "seasoned players" should be uniquely challenging, while Season Journeys for new players should be more of a 'guided tour/overview/tutorial.'
I think it is there to try to encourage more people to try hardcore and if that is the reasoning behind it then it does wok. I have given at least a hundred HC power-levels this season and out of those many are just for the seasonal journey. I still see some playing HC on my friends or recently played with list slowly gaining paragons and me re-leveling them as need be.

It really is no effort to accomplish except finding someone to PL you and if it does encourage even a handful of new HC players then I think it should stay.
But I'm sure it must tick the hc players off a bit when 90% of the ppl they pwr lvl just march their fresh 70 out to their death. I know if I just spent the time levelling someone it would annoy me if they just killed themselves once completed.
05/28/2016 05:22 PMPosted by GoneHOLLOW
But I'm sure it must tick the hc players off a bit when 90% of the ppl they pwr lvl just march their fresh 70 out to their death. I know if I just spent the time levelling someone it would annoy me if they just killed themselves once completed.
If it's any consolation to them, I don't kill my HC characters, I just leave them to rot on my character list.
05/28/2016 06:17 PMPosted by FrumpyFrak
05/28/2016 05:22 PMPosted by GoneHOLLOW
If it's any consolation to them, I don't kill my HC characters, I just leave them to rot on my character list.

That's the future of the HC I leveled this season, just because I might actually finish the enter season journey for a change. But...I leveled on my own, just to see if I could do it.
They should dump it for complete story mode on t10. Then there will be wingers lol.
05/28/2016 06:34 PMPosted by Juls
They should dump it for complete story mode on t10. Then there will be wingers lol.

Not a bad suggestion. Most people ignore story mode entirely during seasons. Not that doing it at T10 would be remotely difficult, but certainly tedious. At least as tedious as leveling to 70 on HC.
05/28/2016 10:56 PMPosted by LostSoul
At least as tedious as leveling to 70 on HC.

At least you can't cheese it by getting a 10 min boost.
have to say that the most memorable things are the ones you love the most and hate the most. maybe thats why its still there.
05/29/2016 04:43 AMPosted by pantherdane
have to say that the most memorable things are the ones you love the most and hate the most.

Can't say it's much that's memorable about afking at the entrance of a rift for 10 mins.
just saying that how advertisement companies do it. you remember the things you love the most and you remember the things you hate the most, lol