Easiest support character for untalented player?

General Discussion
I'm currently running LoN bomb crusader, and I can solo around GR70, but I want in on some of that 4-man GR90 action to get some more levels, gem levels and legendaries built up.

I've had mixed experiences with zdps characters in the past. Back in vanilla, I was an awesome zdps monk, but these last few seasons I've had a hard time finding a good support build that I like and am talented enough to run. I tried zdps sader two or three seasons ago and people were outright hostile with me, told me that I was doing it all wrong, and told me that I had no business being in their game. I get pretty hurt when people act that way. I was mediocre as a zdps WD last season, and not very good at zdps barb.

I don't want to be the one weak link in a party and ruin everybody else's progress, so I'd like to ask some advice which support character is easiest to run? I've never been very good at using skills to move monsters into a particular area, like when a WD used pihranas to reposition monsters, or when a sader uses draw and quarter to drag them to a specified area. I used to be okay as a pull monk to suck everything in on top of my character, but people in games now seem to want support characters to group monsters and "place" them in a good killing spot. Some people are talented in those types of skills, but I seem to not be one of those people.

Honestly, it seems to me that a zdps WD may be my best bet. I've created a WD and geared it for zdps. I just haven't taken it out for a test drive yet. I'm anxious to try her out when I return from my camping trip this weekend.

But I'd like to hear from the community which support character you feel requires the least talent, or perhaps isn't as crucial to the party as some of the other characters? Seems to me like the WD is mostly just buffing damage and that perhaps the barb and monk are a little more involved, but I may be mistaken.

Any advice from the experienced players in the community are most welcome.
Don't play the meta
06/03/2016 09:47 AMPosted by Dmoney
Don't play the meta

I know people are frustrated with the meta, but if I want to run GR90's and get all of the rewards for them, then my choices are to play the "3 support-1 DPS" meta, or try to figure out how to run that Firebug build, and that sounds like it's a serious pain to master.
I'm just saying you don't have to play the meta that's all. I just don't care for it. The minute I don't have fun playing d3 or I feel like it's dragging to do something I move into something else. If you really want you can solo a 85+ even 90 if you actually try to. But it's a long grind and that isn't fun to be honest.
Still seeking some advice on this subject if anybody has knowledge of which support toon may be easiest for me to run.

Thanks for any advice or help.
You know that folks have soloed 90+ right? You dont have to be part of the meta in order to do GR 90+. You just have to be good.
This is the best link I have found for a zdps Witch Doctor. I've been trying it myself. I don't have the proper weapons yet, but it has been fun.

http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/zdps-witch-doctor-support-build-with-helltooth-set-patch-2-4-1
I think you are all set :)

You are missing a lot of vit though, I'd try to get ancient both gloves and weapon.
Monk is easiest, in short you just follow wiz and keep sanc up. Spam generator+mantra and cyclone every 5s.
With WD you need to stack toads, monitor mimics when taking pylon, pull monsters, scout ahead and ofc keep voodoo+piranhas up.

06/03/2016 08:37 PMPosted by Malahk
This is the best link I have found for a zdps Witch Doctor. I've been trying it myself. I don't have the proper weapons yet, but it has been fun.

http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/zdps-witch-doctor-support-build-with-helltooth-set-patch-2-4-1

Swampland is !@#$, go with Spirit Vessel or Grave Injustice.
The linked build is kinda bad for 70-100 speeds (archon) and same with 100+ twister.
Drop hex+dagger for archon speeds, add in-geom and spirit walk.
For twister u probably want to drop oculus (useless 99.99999% of time) and thing of the deep for shield+justice lantern. Unless you're one of those WDs that never scout+pull trash :)